PDA

View Full Version : Havn't got a clue

29th December 2000, 03:11 AM
Any news on the UB40/Chrissie Hynde song?
- Ever thought about a UB40 version of 10 guitars? (Humperdink)
Will be an instant no1 in the NZ

29th December 2000, 03:12 AM
Yo Karl, is that you from NZ? Great to see you here! Haven't Got A Clue was recorded in 1998 around May. Dan Armstrong did some extra production on it and the song was to appear on the new (now already released) Chrissie Hynde album. It never came out.... still on DEP's tapes only I think?
JorisJ

29th December 2000, 03:12 AM
Let's hear it then Dep! No good in the vaults!
If I remember correctly Brian, you once described this as a great track.

29th December 2000, 03:13 AM
greetings pete......let me explain...chrissy sent ali and myself a song 'have'nt got a clue' just a demo...kind of more cod-reggae/calypso thing asking if we would give it a good seeing to...nice melody..mediocre backing....so we rewrote the whole music,using sly & robbie for extra 'dangerousness' and writing a counter melody/chorus/blue beat style horn arrangement...they got it! liked it ! but wanted to use chrissy's producer (the guy that produced WOODSTOCK LP) steve .........? pls excuse my bad memory,can't remember his surname but he is a famous guy...and do another version that would be sympathetic to her album..a remix really y'know what i mean ?....BUT......in their wisdom they chose not to include it..i think!...personally i believe our original jam down version was a winner...these things happen...no problem.....infact we are really looking forward to seeing and performing with chrissy in europe for the next 3 months....it may crop up one day and anyway its in chrissy's vault, not ours.....btw ..did you get mickey virtues bulletin msg ?

29th December 2000, 03:13 AM
BT,
Sad news that we may never get to hear that track.
I never got Mickey's message, I take it it was something to do with Bernie? Let me know, Cheers!