PDA

View Full Version : after tonight

29th December 2000, 03:09 AM
Finally got hold of a copy of the Ali Campbell produced Yazz album "the natural life" 3 years after it was released in Oz and Japan. Very enjoyable especially the duet "After Tonight". The original version of this song was by a group called "matumbi" who as far as I can find only recorded one lp which was only released on vinyl. If anyone has a copy of it and would be willing to tape it for me please e-mail me....
robert.newman@talk21.com

cheers !

29th December 2000, 03:10 AM
Robert,
Matumbi recorded a few albums, I have got copies of 'Seven Seals' & another that skips my mind at the moment as it's been years since I fished them out, there is also a Matumbi dub album that I have never been able to get my hands on. My turntable is knackered at present, but I will send you tapes as soon as I can. Great Stuff.
If you are not aware, Matumbi were a London based reggae band that included the Meastro Dennis Bovell! Even though he is a multi talented musician who plays Bass live with the Dub Band, he played the guitar mostly with Matumbi.
If you get chance, pick up anything you see by the above, it is class stuff, great music!
By the way, I searched Napster for stuff by Matumbi and found nothing.

29th December 2000, 03:11 AM
cheers for the info mate !!