PDA

View Full Version : Soccer Game with England

29th December 2000, 02:08 AM
Well, I knew about the England game today and guess how? At work yesterday, right here in Edmonton, thousands of kilometres away, as I was entering the elevator to get to the office, I saw a man in the elevator wearing an England soccer shirt--I did not know which team it was for and I asked him, "So are you a Man United fan?" (Sorry, but Man United is like a household name around here when it comes to European soccer...I have no personal preference about it!) However, the man replied in an English accent, "Oh this is for England--they're playing tomorrow (Saturday)--it's an international game." Cool or what, eh! So England, you had at least one rooter here behind you by way of this man all dressed in gear at work and ready to cheer! The power and beauty of a truly global village! Love it.
Big love always,

29th December 2000, 02:08 AM
i a lot of good it done us too

29th December 2000, 02:09 AM
But at the end of the day, it ain't whether you win or lose, it's the spirit and camaraderie of just being there on the field that counts?.....o.k., can't deny it does help dem spirits if you win! All the best to England for the next time!
Big love always,

Desperate

29th December 2000, 02:09 AM
Hey sandra, its not like us English play to win !!!
It was a bad game to loose, a very bad game.

I'd like to say there will be another time (like the Blues !) but it is not going to be, this was the last game in such a world recognised stadium and I don't think we could have lost to a worse team !

But all that said, what's done is done...........

Our Brummie Motto rings on ....

Keep right on to the end of the road, keep right on to the end , though the way be long let your heart beat strong , keep right on to the end ......

Though your tired and weary still journey on, till you come to your happy abode ...............
with all the love you are dreaming of, we'll be there,(where) at the end of the road ..............

England, England.................

Hee, hee, hee, hee..............

29th December 2000, 02:10 AM
just to say ireland didnt loose,didnt win either 1 all draw will do OLE OLE OLE OLE

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our Brummie Motto rings on ....

Keep right on to the end of the road, keep right on to the end , though the way
be long let your heart beat strong , keep right on to the end ......

Though your tired and weary still journey on, till you come to your happy abode
with all the love you are dreaming of, we'll be there,(where) at the end of the
road ..............

England, England.................

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie, with a motto like that, there's ALWAYS a future! I've always thought it great how soccer teams have team songs that the fans actually sing at games. You might have noticed this difference yourself in that in Canada, I don't think it's as widespread for a sports team to have a theme song.....for example, our football team here has a song but I don't think our hockey team does? I'm not sure if all the other teams in the various sports here have a song either but it's a great way to have team spirit. Anyway, just another example of how great music and singing is in drawing people together!

Big love always,

Desperate

desperate
most of our football songs
arn't suitable for the general public's ears
though can be very entertaining,depending on the subjects picked
don't you sing then at sporting occassions
how do you take the micheal out of the opposition
dear it's football in england, round ball, two goal posts one at either end
22 players in the middle running round just to impress themselves ha ha
it's terrible at the moment any of them get tackled, their of for 3 months with an injury
it is sad that they lost and ironic but dietmar hamann scored and i think got man of the match, which is good for liverpool so im happy
talk soon
kathie