29th December 2000, 01:23 AM
its ub40 singing it well ali for sure
steve:[

29th December 2000, 01:24 AM
sorry steve it ain't ali......for real.

29th December 2000, 01:24 AM
is it not some IC one with dreads from "Big Mountain"

29th December 2000, 01:25 AM
i think you got it Nods....big mountain...they did a spanish version as well,i think they come from california..santa barbera or san diego i think...a mate of mine roberto angotti knows the guys......have a good weekend......

Having just read the 'napster' post and then this one I have to say I found it very amusing to see "Baby I Love Your Way" listed as a UB40 song on Napster...doesn't sound a bit like Ali.
"Ooooh baby I love your way, oodah"

groovin',
cathy

What happened to them one hit wonders any way
rossy

29th December 2000, 01:26 AM
opps wot a d- -k head
sorry steve

Steve, no shame to be had--I myself don't know everything there is to know about UB40 or even about the reggae music I've listened to for years....for example, play me a song and I'll probably recognize it, but ask me who the artist is or even what the exact NAME of the song is and I'll likely be dumbfounded. That doesn't mean a person isn't up on the music, but it does mean a person likely just appreciates the music for the music itself.
Speaking of Big Mountain, they may be one hit wonders but they get lots of airplay here still with that song on the radio--it's one of the other reggae songs played quite often on the station I listen to, in addition to UB40. If there's such a thing as royalties, they and the record company might still be making money off that record I would think.

Big love always,

Desperate

Don't sweat it Steve.
groovin',
cathy

29th December 2000, 01:27 AM
if they like it they play it! if you like it you listen!! Keep listening to what you like there is no offence!!!

29th December 2000, 01:27 AM
NO SHAME INNIT HERE MAN.IF U GET A CHANCE BYE THE ALBUM THERE IS A GREAT TRACK ONNIT CALLED YOUNG REVOLUTIONERIES ITS SOMTHING ALONG THE LINES OF REDEMPTION SONGS BY THE FATHER OF REGGAE BOB MARLEY