PDA

View Full Version : "the last competition prize"

29th December 2000, 01:06 AM
i would like to know if anyone in the ub quaters can tell me a bit more about last months competition prize which was brian travers bracelet.i fortunately was the winner (im still happy though its 5 times too big for me)and was it a favourite of brians????

29th December 2000, 01:06 AM
greetings again jemmied.....that bracelet you won was bought in mexico city(from a down town market...an old lady pulled me off the sidewalk to look at her stall,telling me "i look like a gringo that needs some luck !i bought it because she made me laugh..she said 'lizards' are "mucho grande luck! bueno..bueno..." and i wore it for a while,nothing bad happened to me infact we had a great tour that went from mexico to venezuela (wicked place) to brazil to columbia to puerto rico to hawaii to USA can't remember much after that but everytime it got wet it stretched ????? the way the prize thing works is we all put a bunch of personal stuff into a big box so the staff at dep can dip into it for competion prizes...this time robin has put up his guitar..but there is loads of good stuff in there..jackets belonging to ali...hats belonging to astro..bra's belonging to norman..etc etc. thats all for now...stay in touch bt

29th December 2000, 01:07 AM
thats cool...my mate who plays sax like yourself wears it during our rehearsals (he reckons that if he wears it that it might give him luck to get the tunes off)
by the way the band were in covers reggae songs but its mostly ub40 stuff we cover.
ill tell u what u aint an easy act to get off in the rehearsal though we are giving it our best..we done a cover of the pillow at a recent anti-prostution gig here in ireland recently...it went down well.
hopefully we will get better at writing our own songs....fingers crossed!!

29th December 2000, 01:07 AM
thats great jemm...just keep practicing and it will get easier....if you keep it simple it will be easy to play everytime..
stay in touch and let me know how you are doing......

29th December 2000, 01:08 AM
Great prize you have jemmied some thing to be treasured for all time man, if it was mine i would never let anyone wear it your friend who wears it must be very special .
As for sax players im not an expert,i know a thing ot two about bagpipe playing up here in scotland and it takes a lot of blowing and by the look of brians cheeks some times it seems like he could blow the hell out of a set of bagpipes any time
rossy
The prisoner best bit of mellow sax playing ive heard(a burning,bitter taste of irony)