PDA

View Full Version : greatest hits 3

28th December 2000, 02:06 AM
Just wondering why there are 2 different tracklist to the GH 3 album... one for the UK and one for the rest of the world
Anyone know why?

pip

28th December 2000, 02:07 AM
Don't know the full answer but to start, the only difference I saw between the two tracklists is with the songs Homely Girl and Many Rivers to Cross....Homely Girl is on the UK version and Many Rivers to Cross is on the non-UK version. All the other songs are the same on both, just in a different order for some of them. On my North American version of Best of Volume 2, Homely Girl is not on it. I'm wondering if maybe that's why they didn't put Homely Girl on the non-UK version of this new Best of album but put it on the UK version because the song was popular there?
Also, on the Eden site that was pointed out by another poster here, it indicates that the rest of the world currently does not include North America so perhaps we will see the album next year instead? Hoping? Begging????? .....well I stop at grovelling!.....

Big love always,

Desperate

28th December 2000, 02:07 AM
greetings D...the new compilation is coming out in n.america...not sure of the release date but i'm pretty sure it will come out this side of christmas...stay tuned for details a.s.a.p........t.g.i.f. have a good weekend......

28th December 2000, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the info Desperate... I was just wondering why it isn't the same CD all over the world...
pip

28th December 2000, 02:08 AM
FANTASTIC! Right on! Brian, I hope the album gets LOTS of attention here in North America AND wouldn't it just be REALLY fantastic if some of the radio stations here would actually play some of the other songs off the compilation that they don't usually play! If the album gets released to the radio stations just like they get the release of any new album, why not? I hope all the radio stations get flooded by Virgin marketing strategies. The potential for more exposure here in North America is becoming very real now and I think this album can build the way for next year's tour! Like I said before, brilliant idea to release this Best of album--it's likely the best thing to happen for UB40 here in North America in a long while. Just today the radio station I listen to played TWO UB40 songs during the day--Can't Help Falling in Love and Red Red Wine--something that is a routine thing for them to do so you've got a good support here in our Edmonton radio industry to begin with as they've always had you on their play list for years or at least for as long as I've been listening to them and I think they do a great job for this being a northern area of the continent where reggae is not mainstream so very much looking forward to seeing if this Best of album gets some attention from them. The future is bright! Next up, concert dates?.... o.k., not pushing it
Thank you for the well wishes for the weekend--it was in fact a good weekend, my son's hockey team not only won two of their three tournament games but he himself scored a goal in each of the two wins! Hockey victories, release of new album.....now all I need to be an even happier camper is for $10 worth of gas to take us further than 500 YARDS!!!--71.9 cents per litre is outrageous and us Edmontonians are crying in pain!

And to Pipbird, cheers!

Big love always,

Desperate

28th December 2000, 02:09 AM
for the collector's amongst us.... The Very Best Of UB40 will be coming out in Japan mid November as an 18 track with the booklet including all lyrics!
JorisJ

28th December 2000, 02:10 AM
Cool, Joris! No doubt, it will be finding its way to that new place of yours! Good to see you.
Big love always,

Desperate