PDA

View Full Version : I feel like a stranger!

28th December 2000, 12:07 AM
Wow!! I feel like a stranger. I haven't been able to visit the site as much as i would like to and so much has changed!! I LIKE IT!! Ya'll have done a good job. Also while i am here are the weekly chats still going on on thursdays? I haven't been to one in about 6 months and i am looking forward to seeing everyone again.
lots of love,
Adella

28th December 2000, 12:07 AM
Hey Adella, welcome to the otherside of the island.. pour yourself a Rum Punch and seckle down to a good old UB chat - same time - new venue!!
Try the Chat room to the left of your screen - no need to knock just come on in!

Big Love

28th December 2000, 12:08 AM
welcome back adella... you keeping OK? Still thumbing through the photos from Chicago & Detroit, I bet (fancy another fix)!!??!!! Tx

28th December 2000, 12:08 AM
BUT I thought the chat was in MIRC, that's what Desperate said.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by joolz:
Hey Adella, welcome to the otherside of the island.. pour yourself a Rum Punch and seckle down to a good old UB chat - same time - new venue!!
Try the Chat room to the left of your screen - no need to knock just come on in!

Big Love

28th December 2000, 12:09 AM
Ken, for the record, as I did not state this initially, I'd like to point out that I was explicitly told that the THURSDAY chat location is still in MIRC and thus this is the information I referenced and that was why I said the Thursday chats have been set to remain in MIRC--that was not my decision, I was just reiterating what was told to me. I don't attend the Thursday chats as it is during the daytime here in North America when I work so I have no idea where people are meeting on Thursdays. With respect to the whole issue of this UB40 chat room, what I have also said is this: For any band to keep up with the times and to liaise with the public and the media, there needs to be an official website with an official message board for its fans and the general public.....as well, the current trend says that it also needs a place for its fans and the public to chat with the band members as other bands are doing it and getting much publicity out of it. I think in that respect, it needs a place other than MIRC because MIRC is not an official chat site for a band. On those points, I can see the need for both a message board and a chat room on the official website. As well, MIRC can continue to serve the purpose it has been serving, but the band members need to make their appearances on an official chat site as well for the fans and the general public.
Now, there is an additional chat time that was established on Sundays to accommodate those of us who work during the Thursday chat time--it is on the Sundays that I attend and those Sunday chats have also been in MIRC but with this new chat room, I have asked people to determine whether the Sunday chat should remain in MIRC or be held here in this UB40 chat room rather than having a situation of some people chatting in one room and another set of people chatting in another room. I put the matter out for people to at least think about it rather than there being a unilateral decision on it as I personally feel that input should be sought on things that involve everyone's participation. I point out things from the perspective I've shown so people can think about it because when people are accustomed to a certain thing, it's sometimes difficult to now think broadly and see things from another angle and consider yourself part of a much larger group. I personally have no preference either way except to see some kind of unity in the location of the chat, and whatever people want is fine with me--it's not a critical matter and I'd rather just stay out of any politics and just enjoy some good stress-free camaraderie!

Big love always,

Desperate