PDA

View Full Version : Very Best Of Album

24th December 2000, 01:37 AM
Great new initiative...cheers guys...
Cool to see another album is on its way, even if it is old stuff. I'm looking forward to the new single... when will we have it?

Why those 20 tracks though, who picked them? I'm suprised to see Watchdogs there as it was not on Best of UB40 Volume One back in 1987. Also, why no room for 'Until My Dying Day'...great tune.

24th December 2000, 01:37 AM
Another question...
Why no room for 'Please Don't Make Me Cry'?

Mind you, it would be a hard job compiling a best of UB40 album... glad I don't have to do it...LOL

24th December 2000, 01:38 AM
One In Ten
Red Red Wine
Kingston Town
I Got You Babe
King
If It Happens Again
Cherry Oh Baby
Come Back Darling
The Earth Dies Screaming
Higher Ground
Don't Break My Heart
Can't Help Falling In Love
Rat In Mi Kitchen
Watchdogs
Tell Me Is It True
Homely Girl
Light My Fire
Bring Me Your Cup
Food For Thought
Sing Our Own Song

24th December 2000, 01:39 AM
Thanks Steve....I *guess* since Earth Dies Screaming and Light My Fire are on it, I'll just HAVE to buy it <sigh>

24th December 2000, 01:45 AM
it was'nt easy compiling yet another 'best of'album...as usual we left it to the most responsible member of ub40...its always been the same ..when it comes to tracklists,setlists and shopping lists Robin Campbell is the man....some people think he is the only one of us who can read and write,
witch is akchooly not troo...
don't be put off by another hits album..our record company virgin (the best label i have ever worked with) wanted to have something out while we are on tour in europe,reminding the public we are still around...in the meantime we are completing our new studio LP,then sometime next year we will release 'the fathers' album..of which 17 tracks have already been recorded.....take care all and stay in touch

24th December 2000, 01:45 AM
I thought the same thing...where is this track list Steve is referring to?....I might need some "easy surfing for dummies" lessons but I went over to the links for Virgin Records U.K. and Virgin Records America and I still don't see this track list! Anyway, since I can't find it, I will ask my question here, then. Brian, will this Best of album be released here in North America or is it scheduled for release only in the U.K.?
Big love always,

Desperate

24th December 2000, 01:46 AM
greetings D.......y'know as strange as sounds i'm not sure...i did hear talk of a n.american release....you will probably find out before me,i have been so busy in the studio...i do know its coming out most every where from australia to spain/france/germany /holland/belgium etc etc...watch for post,i will get DEP to put up a release notice...

24th December 2000, 01:47 AM
Steve, this is steve. I hardly think that I was being rude. It's more a matter of challenging a challenged person to explain what a "fake fan" is......It's ridiculous. This guy has the nerve to accuse people of being fake! There are many levels of "fan"... some people never buy the album, but they turn up the radio when "red, red wine" comes on. Does this mean that they shouldn't like UB40 because they didn't buy the album? And if they come to this website to check out a band that does a song they like, what will happen? Will they be pushed away by mouthy morons who accuse people of being fake? Hopefully they won't be that thin skinned, but why post such a stupid message? I merely wanted to know what "fake" meant in his books.
Have you never surfed onto a website of a performer that you "kind of like"? Does that mean that you aren't truly a fan because you haven't seen all of their films or heard all of their albums or read all of their books?
Please.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Steve (not the rude one):
Tracklist from Virgin Website:
One In Ten
Red Red Wine
Kingston Town
I Got You Babe
King
If It Happens Again
Cherry Oh Baby
Come Back Darling
The Earth Dies Screaming
Higher Ground
Don't Break My Heart
Can't Help Falling In Love
Rat In Mi Kitchen
Watchdogs
Tell Me Is It True
Homely Girl
Light My Fire
Bring Me Your Cup
Food For Thought
Sing Our Own Song

24th December 2000, 01:47 AM
Note to desperate... check out the Eden link on the Virgin page, then click on News...should be there.
Don't worry BT, I see why you are putting it out. The band need more exposure and a market for next years LP. I'm looking forward to the classics being on one CD!
One question though... why Watchdogs and not Please Don't Make Me Cry? Winston will not be impressed!!!

Note for Steve... Chill out man! It's obvious you are a true fan, and one that cares. Welcome to the party!