Old 21st March 2013, 12:37 PM
UB40 Band Member

Default Won't budge.

The tories are making animal noises celebrating gideon's budget.

As usual, the politicians have gone for inflating the housing market as an answer to lack of growth.

Instead of borrowing money at record low rates of interest, and building social housing to respond to the problems that the low paid are suffering as a result of the rising cost of living. They have gone for stimulating private new-builds. The result being a rise in house prices. And, of course, a growth in 95% mortgages. The very thing that triggered the credit crunch in 2008.
Old 21st March 2013, 03:58 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Economists reckon the budget will enhance annual growth by 0.06%.

Never mind, for every 320 pints of beer I buy I'll now get one free.Cheers George.
Old 21st March 2013, 05:31 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
The tories are making animal noises celebrating gideon's budget.

As usual, the politicians have gone for inflating the housing market as an answer to lack of growth.

Instead of borrowing money at record low rates of interest, and building social housing to respond to the problems that the low paid are suffering as a result of the rising cost of living. They have gone for stimulating private new-builds. The result being a rise in house prices. And, of course, a growth in 95% mortgages. The very thing that triggered the credit crunch in 2008.

Its all that inbreeding JB -its retarded their intelligence of which there was little & their ability to understand the reality that most of us have to live in
Old 21st March 2013, 05:43 PM
Super Über UBloonie

What non stinking rich, average person can afford to raise a £60k deposit in order to be considered for a mortgage?
Old 21st March 2013, 05:51 PM
UBNewbie

Default wont budge

the best thing we can do in these times is look after ourselves and those around us...simples.
tis easy to opinionate and monger.
2013 is the year most of anything that will set the next ten years will be put into place..like it or lump it.
doers are the only people that get by in this different world of selfishness..be a doer not a listener..act dont opinionate it gets you nowhere..
im a working singer scraping money from the bottom of a barrel with a hole in it...the dole signed me off because i wont get a "full time job" my housing benefit stopped..the only thing keeping my 8x8 bedsit is my gigs..of which i used to get 250 per gig..now im lucky to get 150 for twice the work...these are the times to stand up and be strong..not defietist.
we only live once for a very short time and in music at least we can leave something that never dies...and however it all pans out just be concious and humble..after all its our children that will inherit..install wisdom not negativity..

stark reality always lets you know the score.
Old 21st March 2013, 05:58 PM
UBNewbie

Default wont budge

the best thing we can do in these times is look after ourselves and those around us...simples.
tis easy to opinionate and monger.
2013 is the year most of anything that will set the next ten years will be put into place..like it or lump it.
doers are the only people that get by in this different world of selfishness..be a doer not a listener..act dont opinionate it gets you nowhere..
im a working singer scraping money from the bottom of a barrel with a hole in it...the dole signed me off because i wont get a "full time job" my housing benefit stopped..the only thing keeping my 8x8 bedsit is my gigs..of which i used to get 250 per gig..now im lucky to get 150 for twice the work...these are the times to stand up and be strong..not defietist.
we only live once for a very short time and in music at least we can leave something that never dies...and however it all pans out just be concious and humble..after all its our children that will inherit..install wisdom not negativity..

stark reality always lets you know the score.
Old 21st March 2013, 06:32 PM
UB40 Band Member

I think that all depends on your perspective.

It may be true that the next ten years will be set. But it will be 10 years of decline.

We are living through the fag end of half a century of deregulation that has brought the world to it's knees. And the fact that we probably have another couple of decades of decline in living standards for the many, and limitless rewards for the very few, is our generations misfortune.

It feels a bit defeatist to suggest that we should stop moaning and get on with it.

We live in a different world now. The internet is a game-changer. It has already made change possible in some parts of the world. Places where unfairness was even more entrenched than britain. The contribution of the WWW to the arab 'spring' may be over-stated, but it did allow for a subversive version of that capitalist mantra. 'Upscaling'. It's a communication tool, it allows like-minded people to organize.

It may be too late for our generation, but change CAN happen. But it will only happen if people are willing to speak out.

It 'is the way it is' because somebody MADE it that way. And it wasn't GOD.

And rather than 'doers' being the only ones that will get things done, it will be the 'haves' who will be the only ones that benefit. They will sit on their arses like they usually do and watch 'doers' being exploited and gather up the profits from the safe distance of some tax exile.

And when it comes to music. Protest songs have made their contribution to political progress for centuries.

Protest music is more than just 'moaning' in musical form.
Old 21st March 2013, 07:56 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
I think that all depends on your perspective.

It 'is the way it is' because somebody MADE it that way. And it wasn't GOD.

Yes it's all man made.

You have to laugh at that budget, they're just not getting it.

Proves the point, the barclays fella got a 17 million bonus in shares and cashed them in, no one bats an eyelid....Aslong as the tories get their tax rebate alls right in England..............No worries though those little people can have a penny of a pint, How much did ciggies, wine & spirits go up.
Old 21st March 2013, 08:18 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine007 View Post
What non stinking rich, average person can afford to raise a £60k deposit in order to be considered for a mortgage?

Yes, Don't worry they'll lend you 20% towards the mortgage deposit..... If they can just afford the morgage payments what happens when the interest rates go up, Wages arn't going up to match it.

It's the tory way of trying to get to get the housing market moving.

Lets start by not leaking money in a seive, you'know Built housing, keep it as Council run property, more money back in to local councils/goverment not giving it to private landlords, Build more council run care homes, it would cut the cost by 2/3's than paying private care homes extornate amounts of money ! and create jobs, and you'd know the people are being cared for properly...............Easy......................O pen factories start exporting goods not importing them All.
Old 21st March 2013, 09:32 PM
UBloonie

Quote:

And when it comes to music. Protest songs have made their contribution to political progress for centuries.

Protest music is more than just 'moaning' in musical form.

jerry dammers and free nelson mandela

i heard that played by a kiwi band in bahrain to a crowd of south africans.

1 example of a political song that influenced many people.

i think, like lamzbread says, you should get on with it and stay as positive as possible, otherwise you will go mad.
but that doesnt mean you shouldnt have an opinion about the world, the world is a big place and this economic shit isnt happening everywhere to the extent it is here, but they dont tell you that in the media.
if i could sing id get a gig with a covers band in the middle east,
plenty of gigs out there, if your willing to move for 6 months.