2000 till now 0 0%
All decades 6 24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21st April 2010, 02:20 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to dutchy Send a message via Yahoo to dutchy
Default Which musical era do you prefer most

Once, a sensible Dutchy post.
I like the era mid 50's till mid 60's and the late 70's till 1995 orso.
Old 21st April 2010, 02:21 PM
Super Über UBloonie

No Poll??

90's dance was my ting, an ting an ting!!!!

Donate to Bliss - www.justgiving.com/josephs-daddy
Old 21st April 2010, 02:25 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
No Poll??

90's dance was my ting, an ting an ting!!!!
You were to fast mike
Old 21st April 2010, 02:25 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Nes B40

This is a very dificult choice to make Dutchy, Think it would have to be early 80's to late 90's for me altho late 60's throu to the 70's was more my era and not to bad atall.

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn213/nesbit_bucket/
Old 21st April 2010, 02:28 PM
Super Über UBloonie

The swing era late 30's and 40's was kewl music too, the motown late 50's and 60's was very kewl too, the disco era late 70's was very kewl too, and the 80's is for me the best decade, but that's because i was young and not as dirty as i am now
Old 21st April 2010, 02:30 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nes B40 View Post
This is a very dificult choice to make Dutchy, Think it would have to be early 80's to late 90's for me altho late 60's throu to the 70's was more my era and not to bad atall.
Agree with you
Old 22nd April 2010, 12:01 AM
UB40 Band Member

Almost impossible to answer that one.

The seventies were amazing. Reggae, Funk, Tamla, dub. Great time to be a teenager.

The eighties had some great reggae and dancehall [steelie and cleevey, berris]. And it was also the decade for hip-hop and rap which, in the beginning was a revolution and swept the world. I loved it.

The nineties were even better. Dance music, chill-out, balearic, drum and bass, Nellie Hooper, paul Okenfold, L T J Bukem, Ecstacy, dancing till sunrise, the re-surgence of R&B. Fantastic !

The Noughties. Bit of a problem there. Indi guitar bands, 'quirky' nu_folk, Sophie Ellis Crapster, Lady Gaga, James Blun. . . [I was nearly sick then]
SH*TE !

Last edited by JB40; 22nd April 2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old 22nd April 2010, 12:29 AM
Super Über UBloonie

My favourite music era is late 70s and early 80s but if I've got to pick one decade it'll have to be the 70s because of the incredible reggae that came out.
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:01 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
Almost impossible to answer that one.

The seventies were amazing. Reggae, Funk, Tamla, dub. Great time to be a teenager.

The eighties had some great reggae and dancehall [steelie and cleevey, berris]. And it was also the decade for hip-hop and rap which, in the beginning was a revolution and swept the world. I loved it.

The nineties were even better. Dance music, chill-out, balearic, drum and bass, Nellie Hooper, paul Okenfold, L T J Bukem, Ecstacy, dancing till sunrise, the re-surgence of R&B. Fantastic !

The Noughties. Bit of a problem there. Indi guitar bands, 'quirky' nu_folk, Sophie Ellis Crapster, Lady Gaga, James Blun. . . [I was nearly sick then]
SH*TE !
Than vote all decades
Old 22nd April 2010, 01:24 PM
UB40 Fan

I really liked the 60's/70's music. Wish I was on this world in that decade. I love reggae, funk, and the classic rock of the 60's/70's. Well certain classic rock bands stand out to me such as Cream and Zeppelin kind of popularizing blues rock. Pink Floyd, the Beatles, and Jimi Hendrix with their psychedelic classic rock sounds. And also the R&B sounds of the motown era. Can't forget that.

I do like metal from the 80's. The start of thrash metal. Just can't listen to much at a time but it's nice for those "in the moment" times when you just want to hear something dark and dirty. This is where I like UB40's work most though. I love the sound of those albums like Geffery Morgan, Self-titled, UB44, RITK. Not really into much of the other mainstream artists of the 80's though.

I like the alternative rock from the 90's. Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins Soundgarden, Nirvana, and a revival of funk, punk, rap and rock mixed in one from bands like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against The Machine. Also the time I grew up so it's what I was hearing at early stages of my life, along with the UB's.

And then I have to disagree with you about the indie bands Jimmy. I really like indie bands like Bombay Bicycle Club, Bloc Party, The Strokes, Interpol, Kings Of Leon, The Killers. I just love the atmosphere of those guitars dancing back and forth with those melodies and rhythms. Especially with nice stereo mixing. But I do agree with you on disliking Lady Gaga and James Blunt. I can barely stand mainstream music nowadays. It's all about just sex appeal all the time. Nothing really meaningful. On the bright side though, I'm really digging UB40's new material. 24/7, DS 1 and 2, and LOL 4 are rated high on my favorite UB albums. So I guess it's a tie between 60's through now .

Just feel like I can't really leave any of those era's out since I love so much from them. If I had to pick one though, It would be the 90's because it had a little bit of everything.