Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > Polls

View Poll Results: DO YOU BELIEVE IN MEDIUMS?
YES 20 60.61%
NO 13 39.39%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26th May 2007, 07:44 PM
Über UBLoonie

Default DO YOU BELIEVE IN MEDIUMS?

Interested to see if anybody has ever consulted one before??
Old 26th May 2007, 07:57 PM
Super Über UBloonie

i said no even though i do sometimes watch John Edward .....and theres a few friends of mine that have been to a guy around here that "seems" to be good.........BUT.....i dont actually believe that they're talking to dead people
Old 26th May 2007, 08:53 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to ~JENNY~

We have a medium on the board

Fiona Ruth also known as pixi too lol

At last minfest she was in our room an we all sat down to try an see if anyone cum through,, sumone called joseph did but we didnt no him well we THINK we didnt no him one of us must have

Shes soooooooooooo nice too
Old 26th May 2007, 09:15 PM
UBloonie

Never been to one myself, i do know people who have though, but never seen anything to convince me they are genuine, personally i think they take advantage of vulnerable people

Looking good Mr Fix It!
"I ..... love it when you smile"
Old 26th May 2007, 09:39 PM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Emma B

I believe deffo....my mam went to see a local medium few weeks ago and her knew loads of stuff....he even knew that my brother had kicked a set of drawers upstairs and broke hes little toe!! amazin he was!!

Then i went to see the same man in a pub and he pickedthis guy out who ripped him to death saying he was lying until.....he told him that hes dad was there and that hes dad saw him drop an egg on the floor when making the tea and that he picked it back up and put it on the plate!! the guy was shocked and couldnt believe that he knew that!! he answered wit wow i did do that...but i didnt put it back on my plate i put it on hers (pointing to hes mrs) haha!

Im hoping to go see him sometime soon...im in the process of emailing him at the moment!
Old 27th May 2007, 01:21 AM

nope
Old 27th May 2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine2005
nope
That is to say ... i dont like the idea of SO CALLED MEDIUMS charging people to SUPPOSEDLY speak to their dead relatives n such like ... leaves clammy hands over me and a nasty taste in my mouth.

MAYBE ... Some of them are GENUINE but id say they are in the minority and that 99% of what they do is wild guesses at worst and at best ... good training and psychology.
Old 27th May 2007, 04:13 PM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Emma B

yeah im also with you on that elaine...some are a load of shit...who make stuff up but you can tell them ones a mile off!
Old 27th May 2007, 04:15 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

Quote:
Quote:
nope
That is to say ... i dont like the idea of SO CALLED MEDIUMS charging people to SUPPOSEDLY speak to their dead relatives n such like ... leaves clammy hands over me and a nasty taste in my mouth.

MAYBE ... Some of them are GENUINE but id say they are in the minority and that 99% of what they do is wild guesses at worst and at best ... good training and psychology.
i also think there's another option too. what if some of us are able to read other people's minds? it's just as far flung as talking to the dead, so why not? we used to be able to communicate via esp until the world took oer, got too fast, too stressful and bunged up our minds wi shit. i'm definitely on the fence when it comes to this. i must say though that mandy goes to see a medium regularly and has almost talked me into going to see her too, though not quite.
i'd like to see what she's got to say for hersen. if she can truly tell me stuff i have never told anyone else then perhaps i'll believe it. but the best proof o the pudding to me is if she tells me summat even I don't fkin know and i have to guh ask the other person involved. perhaps i'll believe it then

ps. my cousin ,danny, is a medium but he'll never tell me owt cos he dunt 'do' family cos he obviously knows too much about us all for any o us to tek him seriously innit?
Old 27th May 2007, 06:09 PM
Über UBLoonie

was thinking of going to one......my sister in law paid alot of money to see a very reputable one in London.it was taped & the medium named me BY NAME AS WELL AS HUBBY
We listened in silence & it was the most quiet few minutes after that I can remember for a long time.Then my husband proceeded to tell his little sister that she must have told him stuff before the tape went ahead.....she was insistant that she did not & I believed her;they were spookily very accurate with their info in respect of yourself only knowing that & the like ......to which he said what a load of old bollox.........& he is of Romany desent & you know what that lot can have you believe
I've been told its the Devil who is comunicating with them when the deceased come through....
Still in two minds whether to go