Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 25th June 2005, 02:39 AM
UB40 Fan

Default small vs. large venues - hey BT

Heeyyyyy BT! Nice to see you still pop on (I'm sure more often than I do!!). I was reading a post you made about small vs. large venues...ya said something about having to do 300 small shows to please everyone. Just a thought - cuz the last time I saw you guys was at 2 small venues (9:30 Club in DC with the Skatalites, and Electric Factory in Philadelphia with Jah Works) - I thought the whole tour was a small venue tour. And well, just for my 2 cents, it's much nicer in some ways to be able to be up close because it makes us feel like part of the show more than being up in some nosebleed somewhere with you guys looking like ants on the stage! On the other hand, more dancing room at a bigger venue cuz it's kinda no use trying to get up front, best just stay where ya are and groove! Soooo...point is (I'm long-winded, eh?)...just come back to the US, and I'll be happy with what I get! No whining, I promise (unless ya don't share that napkin trick with me... ) Hell....I'll even buy the beer!

Cheers!
Doctah [img]graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]
Old 25th June 2005, 12:18 PM
UBloonie

Default Re: small vs. large venues - hey BT

I got to agree with you to true, a small venue doe's have a good vibe and a more intimate feel, I remember after one of the Melbourne gig's years back I think it was Brian, Astro, and Micky jumped off stage rite after the last song and went and got a drink from the bar, you can't get more up close and personal than that, it was a cool gig and a real good night.
Old 25th June 2005, 12:24 PM
UBloonie

P.S I realy love the Skatalites, I have an album called The Skatilites meet King Tubby it's put out by Motion records and really worth it

I really enjoy the track Middle East DUB and Rock Bottom DUB and Starlight with Tony Brevett

very nice album
Old 25th June 2005, 12:37 PM
Über UBLoonie

Send a message via ICQ to Skirge, The Chef Send a message via MSN to Skirge, The Chef

I aint ever been to a small venue gig but as much as I am so excited for the cafe de paris gig I am just as excited for the big venue Toon gig in December. I think I will pick big gigs over samll gigs though having thousands of people in the one place all dancing and jumping about makes for an awesome atmosphere.
Old 25th June 2005, 11:11 PM
UB40 Fan

The small venue show I saw with the Skatalites opening was terrific! The boys were all up in the balconies over the stage dancing through the Skatalites set...I got the impression that they were rather bowled over - like the line-up should've been the other way round...it was great seeing the UB's have such a blast with their opening band. I prefer the small venue shows, to be honest - it gets hot all that dancing, and BT is great for tossing water to the sweaty ladies! LOL Not to mention Robin's comic relief at certain points. You miss all that if you're way in the back of some large venue.

Cheers!
Doctah [img]graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]