Old 13th July 2012, 02:35 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Default John Terry

How the fk did he get off?
Old 13th July 2012, 03:03 PM
UB40 Band Member

I was listening to the radio reports of the case this afternoon. Terry was found not guilty somehow. They seemed to be blaming ferdinand for being an 'unreliable witness'. And also mentioned the fact that nobody on the pitch actually heard what terry said. Although, I'm confused as to which part of 'F****** black c*** ! ISN'T racist.

if somebody burgles your house, but you don't notice anything missing until somebody ELSE points it out to you, does that mean a crime hasn't been committed ??
Old 13th July 2012, 03:15 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Exactly Jimmy.I thought his line of defence was pathetic.Think the judge's surname must be Griffin.
Old 13th July 2012, 04:46 PM
UBloonie

Ferdinand should have knocked him out there and then. Simple, immediate justice.
Old 13th July 2012, 10:59 PM
UB40 Band Member

OK. I get his defense now. He reckons he was only repeating what ferdinand had said to him !

Although, as terry is white, ferdinand must have been calling himself a 'black *************** !'
Old 14th July 2012, 09:39 AM
UBloonie

He got off on a technicality really didn't he? It was a case of the Johnny Cochran mantra of "if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit". The judge said that in the absence of witnesses (ie other players who were also on the pitch at the time) in court to confirm that they also heard Terry verbally abuse Ferdinand it made the case difficult to prove, actually either way. In light of this the jury could not be totally sure that Terry's defence was not entirely accurate. This raises doubts about the prosecution's claims and if there is doubt they cannot find Terry guilty. It came down to a lack of hard evidence from the prosecution. Despite all of the YouTube footage. Bizarre, yes, but that's the law for ya.
Old 14th July 2012, 10:04 AM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
OK. I get his defense now. He reckons he was only repeating what ferdinand had said to him !

Although, as terry is white, ferdinand must have been calling himself a 'black *************** !'
I'm confused. Was he alleged to have called him a "'F****** black c***" or a "'black *************** "?
Old 14th July 2012, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator
UBloonie

The former. Sometimes JB is a little ***lexic. Dont mock, it's not polite
Old 14th July 2012, 01:26 PM
UBloonie

isnt it odd we censor ourselves when using bad language but not when using the word ...black...
but yet the word black is the difference between,
just being descibed as abusive and being a racist...

if someone is described as being a ""black man"", thats ok,
but describing someone as a ""black bastard"" ....isnt,
so which is the offending word??? is it black, or bastard or both?

ruud gullett the dutch footballer was once asked how he felt about people describing him as a black bastard,, he said..
doesnt bother me... as
no1... i am black,,, and ...no 2 ...i am a bastard..
is he wrong to think this way?

this case should have never ended up in a court and should have been sorted out at the time, like the suarez case,,, even ashley cole reckoned it was a waste of time.. and who paid for all this... and the only winners are the lawyers..

is john terry a racist, personally i cant see it, but ive never met him.
lets ask didier drogba, a strong minded opinionated black man from cote d'ivoir.. im sure if terry was, he would have something to say about it. and would the other black players at chelsea want to play with such a person..
Old 14th July 2012, 03:47 PM
UB40 Band Member

I get the feeling that, in chelsey, john terry rules the roost. If you remember, he tried to take over the job of managing the england team by holding a press conference and insisting joe cole should be in the england team. This was at the last world cup.

After the match in question, ashley cole told ferdinand that 'you don't talk to JT like that'.

I suspect that you don't get very far in chelsey if you get on the wrong side of JT.

The football establishment- the managers and owners and agents and executives- are almost exclusively white. Considering how many non white footballers are in the premiership, they are badly underrepresented in the football establishment.

So I think there is a long way to go before casual racism is taken out of football.