Empty rather than open.
Old 16th July 2012, 10:48 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Great topic ,

FREE GARY TYLER

www.freegarytyler.com/

Old 17th July 2012, 12:07 PM
UBloonie

I am going to open myself up to ridicule here but to be honest I would say it to anyones face if I was in a room and we were having this discussion face to face. I believe that Aliens have been visiting us for millions of years and I also truly believe that they have helped us establish a civilisation and way of life.
Its been widely debated that life on this planet mustve come from a distant place in the form of a meteorite that crashed onto this plaanet when it was forming and this sparked the earliest forms of life as scientists havent a clue about what formed the first strains of DNA that is still within us now.

I also believe that if you read very early versions of the bible or indeed any Holy books, there are numerous mentions of strange looking beings that lived amongst human life that were here to teach us how to build and construct things - this is possibly where the "God and the creator" story came from in newer versions of the bible originate from, its easier to say that gos looked like us instead of being green with hollow eyes and a funny shaped skull.

Alot of ancient texts make mentions of massive disasters that bestowed the earth wiping out the knowledge that passed down to us, this is why the bible is littered with stories of plagues and notably the story of Noahs ark and the great flood. Now one thing alot of people agree on is that there mustve been a massive flood wiping out most of the worlds population at some point as The ancient greeks, chinese, Africans and early Europeans texts all make a mention of it.

Out of these ancient texts historians believe were written as a record of events of life in its early stages and due to manipulation and population control have been corrupted over the years to form the various different religions that seek to divide and conquer us and keep us fighting each other.

The oldest recorded texts were discovered in a place called Ubaid which is now located somewhere near Jerusalem about a hundred years ago.
And the people of Ubaid make lots of mentions of beings coming from the sky and mixing and breeding with us. There are numerous drawings of the beings and several look quite clearly like what a modern day "grey" alien looks like in todays media.
One of the most famous statues ever found in the area shows one of these beings holding a human hybrid baby - again that the theory is that is where the Jesus and Madonna iconography came about, the story of a half human man born to a woman.

Now if youve ever read Bill Brysons "a brief history of nearly everything", scientists have discovered "proto human" forms, not just neandathals, but actual early versions of our modern day selves. Could this be proof that aliens tried to breed with us yet their experiments failed?.

Alot of these answers may be possibly found in the vast library in the Vatican where alot of these ancient texts have gone to be buried and forgotten, why arent scientists studying these and trying to find answers?. why hide them away, what is it that the Vatican are trying to protect, perhaps there are things in those texts that could blow their man made religion to peices and end the control of the people?.

But like anything thats happened, if religious people dont like what they read, they just rewrite a new chapter of a made up history, hence why we no longer learn the old testament and that modern day bibles have dropped alot fo the original chapters that if read could blow alot of peoples minds and also where the "lizard people" theory comes from.
No the version we have to today has to be pallatable to our interpretation of the world and anything esoteric has been excised and convieniently forgotten.
Old 17th July 2012, 12:29 PM
UB40 Band Member

A short history of everything is a fantastic book. It's been passing round my family for years. Everyone should give it a go.

And yes, there is a school of thought that reckons life was sparked by an asteroid crash landing. But I don't see how that can be wilfull in any way. My impression was that the wandering asteroid brought with it one of the ingredients that completed the recipe for life to start developing. So it was just a random thing.

And it's also true that there were other types of humans living here. Homo sapiens and neanderthals lived side by side for a brief period of history. Humans even bred with them. Theres a little bit of neanderthal in all of us. And they were a completely different strand of human. As different as an alien perhaps.

I love those sci-fi stories where aliens are the new messiahs [close encounters was the first] where they look down on us and nurture us. But it's wishfull thinking on an EPIC scale. It turns a scary idea into something beautiful and inspiring. Like a pop culture replacement for organized religion [which turned out to be more trouble than it was worth].
Old 17th July 2012, 12:46 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
A short history of everything is a fantastic book. It's been passing round my family for years. Everyone should give it a go.

And yes, there is a school of thought that reckons life was sparked by an asteroid crash landing. But I don't see how that can be wilfull in any way. My impression was that the wandering asteroid brought with it one of the ingredients that completed the recipe for life to start developing. So it was just a random thing.

And it's also true that there were other types of humans living here. Homo sapiens and neanderthals lived side by side for a brief period of history. Humans even bred with them. Theres a little bit of neanderthal in all of us. And they were a completely different strand of human. As different as an alien perhaps.

I love those sci-fi stories where aliens are the new messiahs [close encounters was the first] where they look down on us and nurture us. But it's wishfull thinking on an EPIC scale. It turns a scary idea into something beautiful and inspiring. Like a pop culture replacement for organized religion [which turned out to be more trouble than it was worth].
I think the new school of thought though is that neandarthals were more animal like, totally different to us, what Bryson mentions are human v.1, v.2, v.3, early forms of us that didnt survive. Long before neandarthals came along. There is a theory that human bones were softer and more jelly like originally and that is why we dont find much evidence of our early selves around.

But going back to Hollywood and things like close encounters, you have to wonder where Spielberg got his ideas from?, being Jewish he would of heard stories of "creation beings", that seeked to nurture and create us.
But have you noticed how Spielberg has changed tack in the last few years, his benevolent aliens of E.T and C.E.O.T.T.K have now become destructors of his later films like "war of the worlds and Indianna Jones and the crystal skull".

The pop stories we have to today have been extracted from ancient texts and cave drawings clearly depicting alien looking life forms standing over human beings as they toiled. Why are there so many statues surviving showing unhuman looking forms?, there cant have been that many bad sculptors around then. Every creed on this earth has evidence of other beings existence written down and recorded. We never get taught this in school, you have to read some very unusual books and attend some underground talks to just hear about it. It fascinates me, its liek a good magic trick, I need to work it out.
Old 17th July 2012, 01:42 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
Theres a little bit of neanderthal in all of us.
You've met Fi then?
Old 17th July 2012, 02:17 PM
UB40 Band Member

Old 17th July 2012, 03:20 PM
UB40 Band Member

I think your right about speilberg Mr C.

I think the first half of 'war of the worlds' is one of the most intense and frightening experiences I've ever had in the cinema. From the opening scene, when the aliens first appear, through to the ferry sinking sequence, it was awesomely dark and very subversive. The breakdown of order and the impotence of the armed forces was a message that cuts through the flag-waving and jingoism of mainstream america. And the sound and imagery were nightmarish on an epic scale. It's a shame that that tension didn't follow through right to the end, but that would probably have been impossible. It was too much to live up to.

sci-fi does play with religious symbolism. The aliens of close encounters and mission to mars are omnipotent and benign, like a christian god. And alien and WOTW are visions of hell and the devil.
Old 17th July 2012, 04:14 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratcatcher View Post
You've met Fi then?
how very australo"pithy"cus you are.....
Old 17th July 2012, 06:53 PM
UBloonie

totally impossible for us to be the only living thing in space.

we are the equivalent of just one grain of sand on the whole planet that we live, and theres alot of sand out there.

I do strongly believe that something may have visited our planet and maybe still does but without actually witnessing it for myself cannot say yes or no.

Imagine a 10ft square blanket, now imagine how many millions of germs or bugs that live in the blanket, it might take one bug 100million of our years to get from one side to the other...

300 years ago no one had contemplated the nuclear bomb, 100 years ago no one had contemplated a computer, where does this knowledge to build these things come from? why didnt generations years ago invent them? all the stuff you need for these things and more can be found on the planet we live on (apart from moon rock ).
Man is too stupid to even live together let alone invent stuff like this.
Why are there pictures of non man things in eygyption pyramids that we all know are thousands of years old?

@ratty, if you havent met fi i dont think youre in a position to comment

Ani