Old 19th September 2010, 03:37 PM
UB40 Band Member

Default Go home

OK. Now that has p*ssed me off.

So the pope reckons that the ultimate expression of atheism is the nazi party. That by some trick of the light the 2nd world war was a christian war against the evil forces of godlessness.

What a load of bo**ox.

This is from the leader of a religion [and ex-member of hitler youth] that openly collaborated with the nazi's during the war.
Hitler was a christian, and so were many of the guards in the concentration camps. Many of them educated in the anti-semitic views of Martin Luther, a very important religious figure for many germans.

This is a perverse and distorted view of the 20th century.

The second world war was a war for freedom, freedom against tyranny. And that also means freedom from the kind of society that would force people to worship a god that they don't believe in.

To suggest, as this pope does, that atheism equates to facism is yet more scare mongering to try and reverse the decline in support for what is essentially an idea who's time has run out.
Old 19th September 2010, 03:46 PM
Super Über UBloonie

I'll agree with all you said.

what pissed me off aswell was him wearing red slippers cause he was walking on sinner ground....who the bloody hell think he is.
Old 19th September 2010, 03:53 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Considering some of the most heinous sinners are priests in the Catholic church that's truly hypocritical of him. Perhaps they're ruby slippers and he needs to click his heels together saying "there's no place like home" 3 times before he gets trounced by a gathering of athiest, fascist or non facist sinners. I'm glad I haven't watched any coverage, the tv wouldn't have survived.

My workmate asked me on Friday if I'd watched the pope's arrival etc on Thursday night. She had a look of wonder in her eyes, and she's not even Catholic. My "why would I watch that?" statement brought her down to earth with a bump. Let's see what she has to say tomorrow.
Old 19th September 2010, 03:53 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

Another prime example of how disconnected this church is with reality...They need a seriouly good PR firm...
Old 19th September 2010, 03:59 PM
Super Über UBloonie

No disrespect to the Catholics on here but He's a silly old man, who represents the catholic church of 30-40 years ago.
I was watching a programme about him, the rotweiller no, he's obsessed with the past but has no idea about the future.

All the atheism remarks he'd have me in that bracket aswell.
Martin Luther started the prostant religion, he broke away from the catholic religion for it being too strict and every law then when back to Rome or sumit like that.
Old 19th September 2010, 04:15 PM
Über UBLoonie

Well .....forgive those who know not what they say...(or something to that effect)...agree though, it might be dangerous if the theory gets written down as history........

Otherwise ...let us be honest ...the church went all out ...the marketing was quite good....but mostly it was like...looking at a moving 16th century painting (I was stargely fascinated).....I think it might have worked... because even I thought, how lucky those people are who can believe in something...I even shed a tear when they visited the old people's home - I was thinking how happy the nuns would be (Ok went to a catholic school in Africa run by ancient Italian nuns who used to be so wistful about maybe never seeing Rome in the Spring again) ...Ok I am a sentimental saddo

What really really pissed me off is Tony Blair attending at least 2 of the services in the front row....with his smug face ...WHAT...WHO IS HE?????. how dare he???..that totally put me off...That was a bad PR move...I'm afraid that is what made me shout/scream /throw things at the tele
Old 19th September 2010, 04:26 PM
UBloonie

Send a message via Skype™ to nani

When people try to rewrite history, you gotta wonder why and what are they up to next? The big picture hasn't changed over the centuries. Look to it's ground roots and see where they're going.
Old 19th September 2010, 04:45 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephertiti View Post

What really really pissed me off is Tony Blair attending at least 2 of the services in the front row....with his smug face ...WHAT...WHO IS HE?????. how dare he???..that totally put me off...That was a bad PR move...I'm afraid that is what made me shout/scream /throw things at the tele
Tony Blairs he's a bleedin idiot His mrs went to sacred heart, taught by nuns, they used to tell the girls if they sat on a boys knee, they had to put one off the old thick telephone directories between them or they'd be up the spout.
Old 19th September 2010, 04:47 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
When people try to rewrite history, you gotta wonder why and what are they up to next? The big picture hasn't changed over the centuries. Look to it's ground roots and see where they're going.
Nani they're split, Some like him, so don't.
Old 19th September 2010, 04:51 PM
Über UBLoonie

Im not into holy things...my kids havent been "christened" so to speak I was as a c of e and andi a catholic..as your parents did in the 60's..never followed anything ..so our children could decide what they wanted to follow when that time came...no enforced bible classes...religion is so 4ked up so much hatred from all divisions...and they say they teach peace?...
the last word has to go to...

YouTube - GOD- john Lennon

love chris xxx