Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 16th May 2015, 11:41 PM
UB40 Fan

Default God I love you guys!!!

I swear I am at my happiest when I'm at a UB40 gig! Nothing makes me happier! You are great guys, oozing with talent! Musical geniuses ! We had an awesome night, thank you sooo much. You're the very best . Simply adore what you do. Thanks guys for such a great evening! Can't thank you enough!
You just get better every time I see you xx

Happy Birthday to Laurence!

Sorry for the intrusion earlier but hope you liked the posters.

See you again soon xx
Old 17th May 2015, 12:05 AM
Über UBLoonie

Aaaaaahhhh thanks Lyn ...been waiting for a review....this was SOLD out x x roll on th e next one eh ? They should come on prescription x x
Old 17th May 2015, 01:19 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Ooh I have to order some tablets, will see if UB40 are on the list Thought it was great that everyone sang happy birthday to Loz

Knackered, foot hurts, venue can go on the 'never again' list but at least no one said 'where's ***' in Silent Witness tonight. Or at all that I heard, result

Crowd were singing along, even the balcony got up to dance in RRW, dunno if they were on their feet before that, my eyes don't usually leave the stage *ahem*.

Sorry we lost you Lyn!
Old 17th May 2015, 03:00 AM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine007 View Post
Ooh I have to order some tablets, will see if UB40 are on the list Thought it was great that everyone sang happy birthday to Loz

Knackered, foot hurts, venue can go on the 'never again' list but at least no one said 'where's ***' in Silent Witness tonight. Or at all that I heard, result

Crowd were singing along, even the balcony got up to dance in RRW, dunno if they were on their feet before that, my eyes don't usually leave the stage *ahem*.

Sorry we lost you Lyn!

Silent Witness was brilliant and I believe someone got a mention for singing along and we managed to say hello to a certain guitarist too after the show - didn't we do well
Old 17th May 2015, 07:42 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad View Post
Silent Witness was brilliant and I believe someone got a mention for singing along and we managed to say hello to a certain guitarist too after the show - didn't we do well
Brucie bonus? At least someone heard their shout out for a change
Old 17th May 2015, 10:32 AM
UB40 Fan

they were fantastic from start to finish. Two hours of pure dancing and singing left feeling knackered,like a good wine always getting better,thanks guys,
Old 17th May 2015, 03:30 PM
UB40 Fan

Now I've had sleep and I'm home, wanted to add to my Watford post. Tried twice lost it all twice . So trying again but in 2or 3 parts! Lol
Set list amazing as always. Not one song would I not want to hear. Thanks to Duncan I even enjoy RRW again (admit I had tired of it ever so slightly from over playing it but it's brilliant at live gigs)
Very happy Sing our own song, FFT, Love Is, Silent Witness and Deeam a lie included, to name but a few. Were there extra sound effects, echoie , particularly on Dream a lie? Sounded even better then how I remember from last time? I wonder if where you stand makes a difference to what you hear? We were more to the side this time?
New surprise song - another favourite - absolutely loved it! ..........
Old 17th May 2015, 03:47 PM
UB40 Fan

Had a better view of Jimmy. Man those drums take a beating! Duncs and Norman might have some groovy dance moves going on but hey you watch young Tony! Yikes, Early B Amazing! Whole band on top form an absolute pleasure and privilege to experience !
I still play and enjoy earlier UB40 CDs with Ali singing lead but I absolutely love and adore UB40 just as they are right now. They get better and better each time I see them and I just keep wanting to go back for more! Duncan's voice is incredible - and ooh together with our other lovely Mr Campbell's voice - eeee by gum

If you haven't been to gig yet but are going soon. Hold on to your hats, be prepared to be blown away! I'm surprised Watford Collesium still has a roof on!!!
Old 17th May 2015, 04:22 PM
UB40 Fan

The only damper on our day : we had been queuing from 1 - 2pm to get to the front and were first in queue but on entering the building they split us into two queues and unfortunately for us the other queue was let into stage area first so when we got in all our favourite front row spots were gone. I'd been allowed to hang a couple of posters on the barrier but we weren't near them and were more to the side. I could see well enough tho. I was behind Starshine who is the perfect person to have in front of you!!! Besides which once UB40 take to the stage your troubles are forgotten and the rest of the world fades into the back ground and you are whisked to a reggae wonderland!!
It was great to meet more UBloonies that I had only chatted on line with before. All super friendly ladies. We had such a giggle that even the queueing time was enjoyable!
Michele! Sorry I stupidly lost you and the other girls in the crowd, never got to say a proper good night. But great to see you again and catch up soon at Bath gig! Tar rar a bit !

Last edited by lynnie4ub40; 17th May 2015 at 04:46 PM.
Old 17th May 2015, 04:33 PM
UB40 Fan

By the end of the evening I was tired, broke, blisters on both feet, very hot and sticky, but extremely happy and buzzing, and I'd do it all again in a heart beat! ( ooh I am soon )
So happy and privileged to be on this earth same time as UB40. They're all I need to keep me happy. Thanks for the music guys and another wonderful evening- you're the best - the waves and smiles and recognition and interaction with us fans make you even more special!
Big love
Xxx