Old 9th November 2014, 12:40 AM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to bazza
Default Bristol gig

Just got home from a great night at a sold out Bristol o2 and we had a fantastic night. We were a bit concerned when there was a technical hitch just as the band were about to hit the stage,Jimmy was already stood there waiting to jump on the drums when worried faces started looking at laptops and running back n forth to the mixing desk.Half an hour later and all was sorted n the band hit the stage.The whole band were having fun and Duncan has come on brilliantly since his nervous start in 2009.The horn section were as solid as ever,Jimmy was battering his drumkit and Norms dancing was as mad as ever.It was my fiances first ub gig(my 30th) and she loved it and was suitably impressed with what an awesome bunch of musicians they are.A special shout out to Tony who was by the mixing desk before the show taking pics and was very polite when i said hello and shook his hand.
Old 9th November 2014, 08:23 AM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post
Just got home from a great night at a sold out Bristol o2 and we had a fantastic night. We were a bit concerned when there was a technical hitch just as the band were about to hit the stage,Jimmy was already stood there waiting to jump on the drums when worried faces started looking at laptops and running back n forth to the mixing desk.Half an hour later and all was sorted n the band hit the stage.The whole band were having fun and Duncan has come on brilliantly since his nervous start in 2009.The horn section were as solid as ever,Jimmy was battering his drumkit and Norms dancing was as mad as ever.It was my fiances first ub gig(my 30th) and she loved it and was suitably impressed with what an awesome bunch of musicians they are.A special shout out to Tony who was by the mixing desk before the show taking pics and was very polite when i said hello and shook his hand.

Excellent review Bazza. Iím sure the technical hitch had everyone chomping at the bit waiting for the guys to get on stage.Iím so glad to hear that your finance had a wonderful first experience of the UBs and that everyone had a fabulous time. Thanks for sharing.
Old 9th November 2014, 10:00 AM
UBloonie

I have to agree, I don't post much on here, and was going to put up on here about how much Duncan has changed has his own presence on stage and now interacts with the audience brilliantly 😄😄
Great gig with a few outstanding songs for me Dream
A lie and Love is all is alright bloody amazing live... Loved it all !!
Old 9th November 2014, 02:06 PM
Super ‹ber UBloonie

There were some people behind us who were most upset at the delay. There was no way anyone related to the band could tell us from the stage as the PA was broken - hence no sound. I think the baying hordes were, in the main placated after our boys put on a hugely solid performance - they are true pros! As an aside, another 15 minutes and the venue would have pulled the plug....
Old 9th November 2014, 02:20 PM
‹ber UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasons View Post
I have to agree, I don't post much on here, and was going to put up on here about how much Duncan has changed has his own presence on stage and now interacts with the audience brilliantly 😄😄
A lie and Love is all is alright bloody amazing live... Loved it all !!
They have been beyond compare this tour (parts 1 and 2) and even Duncan has surpassed what any us could ever have dreamed of. Earl to the fore with Oh America etc has been brilliant. Look forward to more from him in the future too.

Saad.
Old 9th November 2014, 08:40 PM
‹ber UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post
Just got home from a great night at a sold out Bristol o2 and we had a fantastic night. We were a bit concerned when there was a technical hitch just as the band were about to hit the stage,Jimmy was already stood there waiting to jump on the drums
......a wee tap dance on the drums ....mmmmm.

Quote:
A lie and Love is all is alright bloody amazing live... Loved it all !
I can't wait to see and hear Dream a lie ......I have also seen some of the Bristol videos ....looks totally fantastic x x
Old 9th November 2014, 09:18 PM
UBloonie

I wish I had booked another date now 😳😳 awesome
Gig, great sound... bloody amazing ! Dream
A lie was the best !!