Old 22nd October 2014, 03:39 PM
UB40 Fan

Default Bands Instruments

Hi all!
All the band have fine looking instruments – expertly played to the delight of our ears! Have always thought how smart Robins blue guitar looks, in particular. (Nearly died of shock when I saw a clip of him chucking it up in the air at the end of a gig on FB ha ha)
Anyway, someone called Tony just asked on FB, who made Robin’s guitar and Luci very kindly replied with the answer. It made really interesting reading, thanks, Luci, and got me wondering if there are any other interesting “UBFactoids” about other band members instruments we could hear please? I often wondered if they had old favourites they liked to stick to, or whether they all own a few ? Bet they’ve made quite a collection over the years between them?

Only two more sleeps til my next UB40 Fix !

BIG LOVE ALL X
Old 22nd October 2014, 07:28 PM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to bazza

Sadly for yourself being a relative newcomer to the site you have missed many a chat on here over the years with Jimmy Brian and Pikey in particular waxing lyrical about their particular instruments and set ups on stage etc. Some memorable ones being Brians choice of reed for the sax and strap for holding it up and his initial dislike for the wind synth he uses and Jimmys choice of drum set up.Hopefully they will refresh all of our memories, however if you search hard enough there are a few good clips in the back stage passes on youtube of Jimmy showing off his kit and also a great episode of Roadies where they explain how Jimmys kit works including the subwoofer built into his seat so he can feel the bass drum and Robins Patrick Eggle(did i spell it right?)guitars he had made.Maybe a few more loonies remember some stories too.I dont recall when Astro used to come on here him ever revealing his fave tambourine though
Old 22nd October 2014, 08:36 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post
Sadly for yourself being a relative newcomer to the site you have missed many a chat on here over the years with Jimmy Brian and Pikey in particular waxing lyrical about their particular instruments and set ups on stage etc. Some memorable ones being Brians choice of reed for the sax and strap for holding it up and his initial dislike for the wind synth he uses and Jimmys choice of drum set up.Hopefully they will refresh all of our memories, however if you search hard enough there are a few good clips in the back stage passes on youtube of Jimmy showing off his kit and also a great episode of Roadies where they explain how Jimmys kit works including the subwoofer built into his seat so he can feel the bass drum and Robins Patrick Eggle(did i spell it right?)guitars he had made.Maybe a few more loonies remember some stories too.I dont recall when Astro used to come on here him ever revealing his fave tambourine though

That is naughty (but V.FUNNY!!!)
Old 23rd October 2014, 12:22 AM
Super Moderator
UBloonie

Lol Bazza.
Cruel but fair..

For the benefit of non facebook people, I was telling someone about RBC's blue guitar...

Patrick Eggles made it Tony. He made a pair for Robin.They were identical bar the font used for the 'RBC'. The custom colour was exactly the same paint as his BMW850, and was supplied by BMW.
Old 23rd October 2014, 12:36 AM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luci Lockit View Post
Lol Bazza.
Cruel but fair..

For the benefit of non facebook people, I was telling someone about RBC's blue guitar...

Patrick Eggles made it Tony. He made a pair for Robin.They were identical bar the font used for the 'RBC'. The custom colour was exactly the same paint as his BMW850, and was supplied by BMW.
Are you coming to the Oxford gig Luci??

Saad
Old 23rd October 2014, 08:09 AM
UB40 Fan

Cheers Bazza, I will delve in the archives! x
Old 23rd October 2014, 02:54 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

Quote:

Errrrrrrrrrrr.......
Old 23rd October 2014, 08:16 PM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to bazza

No probs Lynnie there is some gold dust in there, i def remember Jimmy being filmed by BT at rehearsals talking through how he plays a hugely complicated loop during Reggae Music.Can't however find the one where Astro goes through his full range of up and down or side to side though. Ok Ok i will stop with the tambourine jokes,hehe.
Old 25th October 2014, 11:36 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via AIM to Groovy 40 Send a message via MSN to Groovy 40

Quote:
No probs Lynnie there is some gold dust in there, i def remember Jimmy being filmed by BT at rehearsals talking through how he plays a hugely complicated loop during Reggae Music.Can't however find the one where Astro goes through his full range of up and down or side to side though. Ok Ok i will stop with the tambourine jokes,hehe.
that was the video they filmed for me

i'm going nowhere & i know i wont be missed!!

Lest We Forget & Remember The 96 15/04/89

25yrs on...finally JFT96 YNWA