Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 4th February 2011, 05:54 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Thanks for the text Neph, I was indeed up... and on the journey from hell to work. Though I'd much rather that than this morning's tv, I'd have thrown the set out the window!
Old 4th February 2011, 06:15 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine007 View Post
Thanks for the text Neph, I was indeed up... and on the journey from hell to work. Though I'd much rather that than this morning's tv, I'd have thrown the set out the window!
Just got confused, as did my mum - she was all excited for me (I did have alarm bells as no one had mentiond it here........

My peaceloving attitude is dissolving though....ya don't mess with my mum!!!!

Anyway ...my thoughts are....I am sure the BBC won't like being messed with either....plus apparently they did show real UB40 clips (unintentional publicity)...and who is going to look bad at the end of the day? Will the manager/publicist be trusted again?
Old 4th February 2011, 06:33 PM
UB40 Band Member

From what I hear he didn't vent his spleen over his ex family and friends [makes a refreshing change]. So we can't really complain. But I think his 'teams' approach to promotion is showing how confusing it all is. I'm betting that he doesn't want to be billed as UB40's front man any more, but because his promotion has been willfully obscure in the hope of conning UB40 fans into his gig, it's having a knock on effect on everything else. For gig promotions he seems to be happy to keep it all a bit confusing. But when it comes to telly I imagine he would prefer that his own music was being highlighted. But the confusion is spilling across to different media. That's what being amateur does for you.
Old 4th February 2011, 07:47 PM
UB40 Band Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
From what I hear he didn't vent his spleen over his ex family and friends [makes a refreshing change]. So we can't really complain. But I think his 'teams' approach to promotion is showing how confusing it all is. I'm betting that he doesn't want to be billed as UB40's front man any more, but because his promotion has been willfully obscure in the hope of conning UB40 fans into his gig, it's having a knock on effect on everything else. For gig promotions he seems to be happy to keep it all a bit confusing. But when it comes to telly I imagine he would prefer that his own music was being highlighted. But the confusion is spilling across to different media. That's what being amateur does for you.

its all so sad and really quite desperate..and its all got absolutely 4k all to do with music and everything to do with money grubbing..so very sad....On the other hand UB40 spend our days playing music, composing and writing new stuff everyday..we don't talk about TLVO we just get on with the music..

VIEW ALL UBTV CLIPS via link below...

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheInsideEye?feature=mhum
Old 7th February 2011, 12:22 AM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt/ub40 View Post
its all so sad and really quite desperate..and its all got absolutely 4k all to do with music and everything to do with money grubbing..so very sad....On the other hand UB40 spend our days playing music, composing and writing new stuff everyday..we don't talk about TLVO we just get on with the music..
many more years of music BT
Old 7th February 2011, 08:19 AM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt/ub40 View Post

Too true, there dosent seem to be in passion in his solo material, as his last album will testify, ive heard the lot on a streaming website and its dull as dishwater and quite a cynical ploy just to get some product out there regardless of creativity.

How much input did Aldi have in the songwriting process when he was with UB40?, he seems devoid of any ideas.

How does he always manage to get on the BBC news?, its not the 1st time hes been on, yet ive never seen any members of the real UB40 on there?.