Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 1st November 2014, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator
UBloonie

Default Leicester Road Trip (not that far really lol)

Had a fanbloomintastic time last night at the Leicester gig with mi old mucker Helena Payne at the tremendous UB40 concert.
Great crowd, and great vibes coming from both stage and audience!! Yes we did find a very private balcony to watch it on, a birds eye view, clean and carpeted so we could dance, stand, sit or even lounge on the floor! This was mainly due to my convincing the manager that Hels could have the baby at any time, and we may need fresh clean towels too. Hahaha. I think we will do this on future tours, and I shall get Hels to stick a pillow up her top next time we road trip.
A great night was followed by much frivolity in the dressing room and a welcome meet with The Crumps, Lisa Keates and Kerry, Mr Sid and lovely Kelvin Fortune. Im sure I saw Saad but I dont know where he got to? Great to see the lovely Lesley Travers of course! Though Eamonn Power had to be found by the burger van, and dragged back to the venue by his hair by me to meet the band. No mean feat as he doesnt have much, but I managed.
We had a lush midnight feast on paper plates when we got home, with dinner being provided by the lovely gentleman of the UB40 catering crew, who wrapped it up carefully and popped it into the car. Poor Hels was falling asleep by the time we'd eaten and dissected the show, the setlist, the shenanigans, the week's gossip, and the day in general.. and had to get up for work. Mind you so did I.
It was a loooong day today! lol
Old 1st November 2014, 07:23 AM
UBloonie

Glad you had a great time. Really looking forward to the Croydon show especially after seeing the band back in April at Shepherds Bush. I really think the sound was tight and would love to hear some of these live recordings released.

Best regards Chronic
Old 1st November 2014, 08:05 AM
UBloonie

Thank you, Luci. It was a great night for lots of reasons. The crowd were fantastic, it felt more like a Saturday night party than a Thursday night 'gotta go to work tomorrow' gig didn't it? It's always a pleasure to see you and the boys, Luci, you're such wonderful hosts. See you sometime soon. K.x
Old 1st November 2014, 10:11 AM
Super Über UBloonie

See you can mix food n Ub40 into a review ... The correct way!

oLdbOi....
Missing the shows, lovin' the reviews
Catch one soon
Old 1st November 2014, 10:14 AM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luci Lockit View Post
Had a fanbloomintastic time last night at the Leicester gig with mi old mucker Helena Payne at the tremendous UB40 concert.
Great crowd, and great vibes coming from both stage and audience!! Yes we did find a very private balcony to watch it on, a birds eye view, clean and carpeted so we could dance, stand, sit or even lounge on the floor! This was mainly due to my convincing the manager that Hels could have the baby at any time, and we may need fresh clean towels too. Hahaha. I think we will do this on future tours, and I shall get Hels to stick a pillow up her top next time we road trip.
A great night was followed by much frivolity in the dressing room and a welcome meet with The Crumps, Lisa Keates and Kerry, Mr Sid and lovely Kelvin Fortune. Im sure I saw Saad but I dont know where he got to? Great to see the lovely Lesley Travers of course! Though Eamonn Power had to be found by the burger van, and dragged back to the venue by his hair by me to meet the band. No mean feat as he doesnt have much, but I managed.
We had a lush midnight feast on paper plates when we got home, with dinner being provided by the lovely gentleman of the UB40 catering crew, who wrapped it up carefully and popped it into the car. Poor Hels was falling asleep by the time we'd eaten and dissected the show, the setlist, the shenanigans, the week's gossip, and the day in general.. and had to get up for work. Mind you so did I.
It was a loooong day today! lol

Sadly Luci it wasn't me but some other handsome dude who looks like me

But I did have the fortune to witness the Oxford show earlier in the week and I agree Kelvin is lovely and we're catching up on gig experiences today
Old 1st November 2014, 10:46 AM
UBloonie

I thought we were taking the kids to Safff'end?
Old 1st November 2014, 12:07 PM
UBloonie

Excellent review Luci, thanks for sharing .... it sounds like you all had a fantastic time
Old 1st November 2014, 01:57 PM
Super Über UBloonie

2 Saads in the world? Heaven forfend
Old 1st November 2014, 02:22 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine007 View Post
2 Saads in the world? Heaven forfend
You're point being............?

Old 1st November 2014, 02:27 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Thanks luci, yeah this tours really going down a storm.