Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > General Anarchy

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 18th February 2014, 09:32 PM
queenv's Avatar
queenv queenv is offline
UBloonie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bedford
Posts: 989
Default A teacher's Holiday!!!

Just in case anyone thinks that teachers do not deserve the regular termly holidays, I just feel I have to support the hardworking teaching community. Although I have a week off, I have to go in for three of those days to mark books, plan lessons and prepare resources. The other two days I am working from home typing up over 200 reports (and that’s just for one year group that I teach!). This is the norm during all of the holiday periods.

It is my chosen profession but I do get upset when people think that we do not deserve the holidays allocated but without them I would have to work at least a 12 hour day to keep on top of all the work we have to do.

Anyway on a positive note, I have been blasting music all day, from Bob Marley, several UB40 albums, R Kelly, Michael Bolton…… It’s been great listening to the Labour Love albums again, tomorrow’s selection will be Promises and Lies, UB44 and Signing Off, plus a range of other favourite artists.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 18th February 2014, 09:48 PM
rhondda rudie's Avatar
rhondda rudie rhondda rudie is offline
Super Über UBloonie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Penyrenglyn,Rhondda Cynon Taf
Posts: 13,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenv View Post
Just in case anyone thinks that teachers do not deserve the regular termly holidays, I just feel I have to support the hardworking teaching community. Although I have a week off, I have to go in for three of those days to mark books, plan lessons and prepare resources. The other two days I am working from home typing up over 200 reports (and that’s just for one year group that I teach!). This is the norm during all of the holiday periods.

It is my chosen profession but I do get upset when people think that we do not deserve the holidays allocated but without them I would have to work at least a 12 hour day to keep on top of all the work we have to do.

Anyway on a positive note, I have been blasting music all day, from Bob Marley, several UB40 albums, R Kelly, Michael Bolton…… It’s been great listening to the Labour Love albums again, tomorrow’s selection will be Promises and Lies, UB44 and Signing Off, plus a range of other favourite artists.
Behind you all the way.Teachers are chronically undervalued in our society.I'm sick of the way teachers and other public sector workers are criticised by pig ignorant commentators.Enjoy your well earned break.
__________________
REGGAE MUSIC CAN'T REFUSE IT
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 18th February 2014, 09:51 PM
nephertiti's Avatar
nephertiti nephertiti is offline
Über UBLoonie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 5,905
Default

Good on you - totally agree, it is one of the most difficult jobs in the world and you get bombarded from all sides
Respect ...and enjoy what you can of your break - you deserve it x
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 18th February 2014, 09:54 PM
rhondda rudie's Avatar
rhondda rudie rhondda rudie is offline
Super Über UBloonie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Penyrenglyn,Rhondda Cynon Taf
Posts: 13,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenv View Post
Just in case anyone thinks that teachers do not deserve the regular termly holidays, I just feel I have to support the hardworking teaching community. Although I have a week off, I have to go in for three of those days to mark books, plan lessons and prepare resources. The other two days I am working from home typing up over 200 reports (and that’s just for one year group that I teach!). This is the norm during all of the holiday periods.

It is my chosen profession but I do get upset when people think that we do not deserve the holidays allocated but without them I would have to work at least a 12 hour day to keep on top of all the work we have to do.

Anyway on a positive note, I have been blasting music all day, from Bob Marley, several UB40 albums, R Kelly, Michael Bolton…… It’s been great listening to the Labour Love albums again, tomorrow’s selection will be Promises and Lies, UB44 and Signing Off, plus a range of other favourite artists.
Also,please accept my commiserations on having Michael Gove as secretary of state.
__________________
REGGAE MUSIC CAN'T REFUSE IT
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 18th February 2014, 09:58 PM
queenv's Avatar
queenv queenv is offline
UBloonie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bedford
Posts: 989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondda rudie View Post
Also,please accept my commiserations on having Michael Gove as secretary of state.
Thanks Tom, it’s nice to be appreciated. Especially as Mr Gove is trying to drive us all into having a major mental breakdown, with all his great ideas!!! The blokes a right plonker, he wouldnt last a hour some of my classes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 18th February 2014, 09:59 PM
queenv's Avatar
queenv queenv is offline
UBloonie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bedford
Posts: 989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephertiti View Post
Good on you - totally agree, it is one of the most difficult jobs in the world and you get bombarded from all sides
Respect ...and enjoy what you can of your break - you deserve it x

Thanks Neph, I can always escape to Candy crush to zone out for a while when by brain is frazzled
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 18th February 2014, 10:04 PM
nephertiti's Avatar
nephertiti nephertiti is offline
Über UBLoonie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 5,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenv View Post
Thanks Tom, it’s nice to be appreciated. Especially as Mr Gove is trying to drive us all into having a major mental breakdown, with all his great ideas!!! The blokes a right plonker, he wouldnt last a hour some of my classes.
I think you are being a tad on the nice side ........
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 18th February 2014, 10:09 PM
queenv's Avatar
queenv queenv is offline
UBloonie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bedford
Posts: 989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephertiti View Post
I think you are being a tad on the nice side ........

Very true Neph, I would give him five minutes with some of my challenging students and he would be running back to London or where ever he comes from.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 19th February 2014, 03:26 PM
rhondda rudie's Avatar
rhondda rudie rhondda rudie is offline
Super Über UBloonie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Penyrenglyn,Rhondda Cynon Taf
Posts: 13,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenv View Post
Very true Neph, I would give him five minutes with some of my challenging students and he would be running back to London or where ever he comes from.
My wife works in a primary school as a dinner lady and also as a cleaner.She often tells me about teachers running after school activities like sport and drama clubs,all on an unpaid basis.These teachers are devoted to their pupils,school and community and I'm sure there are similar things happening all over the country.Yet teachers have to endure a pompous buffoon like Gove lecturing them.
__________________
REGGAE MUSIC CAN'T REFUSE IT
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 19th February 2014, 03:37 PM
rhondda rudie's Avatar
rhondda rudie rhondda rudie is offline
Super Über UBloonie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Penyrenglyn,Rhondda Cynon Taf
Posts: 13,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenv View Post
Very true Neph, I would give him five minutes with some of my challenging students and he would be running back to London or where ever he comes from.
He's from Edinburgh and was brought up in Aberdeenshire.He's MP for Surrey Heath in the south of England though.He'd have to be,Scots don't elect tories.
__________________
REGGAE MUSIC CAN'T REFUSE IT
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 (Unregistered)


Forum SEO by Rapid Web Ltd