Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 5th April 2014, 09:21 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Talking Glasgow ... Leeds ... Nottingham gigs

Between them ive not had time to come on and do a review but heres a bit of one .....
A lot has already been said but ......

Alex "GOLD-DUBS" He is great he has a fantastic set and really gets the crowd into the mood all dancing and singing away However in Nottingham he wasnt centre stage as he was in the previous two and where he "should" be he was high up in a box and all you could see was his head! You could see clearly that this did influence the crowd ... although his set was still playing you couldnt see him and didnt get the same vibe so were a lot quieter and a lot more still

UB40 time came and as they all came out onto the stage the gigs exploded!! From the moment they came on until they went off everyone was dancing and singing away and having a great time
Dunx is feeling very brave this year and has even started to talking more ... dancing a bit more ... and even manages to walk accross the stage to the other side now
Somebody did ask on facebook if anyone got to sing happy birthday to Dunx? I did .... and i also made sure others joind in if only to drown out my singing voice
The set list is amazing Its plain to see that the fans are really happy with it ... as are the band. They are all having a whale of a time up there and thats lovely to see
Poor Rob isnt well at all but carries on like a real trooper bless him

The proof of how well they are doing is there plain as day in the "sold out" venues ...... no more to say on that part is there
If you havnt managed to get to a gig yet .... try your best to get to one or more!! It really is a refreshing to see them all as they are now

Happy band = happy fans and vice versa

Its been lovely to catch up with some loonies that ive not seen for a while and to meet some fans that i didnt know before who have said that they will be going to the gigs on a more regular basis now
Luci it was lovely to see you again its been a while ... hope you had a really great birthday gig
Tom .... thank you for sorting out my wiper bottle! That saved me putting water in where it shouldnt have been

A very special thank you has to go out to the band and the crew that make the whole "gigging season" the most amazing time
Old 5th April 2014, 09:47 PM
Über UBLoonie

What a fab (summarised 3 in 1) review LOL ....

QUOTE : Happy Band=Happy fans ...and we all seem quite ecstatic
Was great meeting you ...brought it all back

Sorry to hear about the gallant Captain .... wee rest tomorrow
Old 5th April 2014, 09:48 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB40 View Post
Between them ive not had time to come on and do a review but heres a bit of one .....
A lot has already been said but ......

Alex "GOLD-DUBS" He is great he has a fantastic set and really gets the crowd into the mood all dancing and singing away However in Nottingham he wasnt centre stage as he was in the previous two and where he "should" be he was high up in a box and all you could see was his head! You could see clearly that this did influence the crowd ... although his set was still playing you couldnt see him and didnt get the same vibe so were a lot quieter and a lot more still

UB40 time came and as they all came out onto the stage the gigs exploded!! From the moment they came on until they went off everyone was dancing and singing away and having a great time
Dunx is feeling very brave this year and has even started to talking more ... dancing a bit more ... and even manages to walk accross the stage to the other side now
Somebody did ask on facebook if anyone got to sing happy birthday to Dunx? I did .... and i also made sure others joind in if only to drown out my singing voice
The set list is amazing Its plain to see that the fans are really happy with it ... as are the band. They are all having a whale of a time up there and thats lovely to see
Poor Rob isnt well at all but carries on like a real trooper bless him

The proof of how well they are doing is there plain as day in the "sold out" venues ...... no more to say on that part is there
If you havnt managed to get to a gig yet .... try your best to get to one or more!! It really is a refreshing to see them all as they are now

Happy band = happy fans and vice versa

Its been lovely to catch up with some loonies that ive not seen for a while and to meet some fans that i didnt know before who have said that they will be going to the gigs on a more regular basis now
Luci it was lovely to see you again its been a while ... hope you had a really great birthday gig
Tom .... thank you for sorting out my wiper bottle! That saved me putting water in where it shouldnt have been

A very special thank you has to go out to the band and the crew that make the whole "gigging season" the most amazing time
Great read,thanks Marg.Must admit I had visions of you breaking down because I'd diluted the oil.LOL
Old 5th April 2014, 10:57 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Good job you never asked my dad to refill the washer bottle Marg, he'd have given you a full on car maintenance lesson

Having only done 1 gig this tour (oh the shame!) I don't feel qualified to do a review yet so I'm glad you and Tom and all the rest have saved my typing fingers. Have a good day's rest before your next outing
Old 6th April 2014, 09:28 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Thanks marg great review, i'm glad it's all going sound.x
And your all having fun,
Old 6th April 2014, 09:50 AM
Über UBLoonie

great review
Old 6th April 2014, 10:16 AM
Über UBLoonie

Great read Marg

C
We won`t run and we won`t hide
Old 6th April 2014, 03:21 PM
UBloonie

Love it Marg - the review that is.. you are total mentalist...driving to Glasgow and back - a 10 hour round trip. You nutter! x
Old 6th April 2014, 03:49 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Helena

Great to see you in Glasgow Marg. You seriously drove home afterwards? Roll on the next one
Old 7th April 2014, 12:55 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Great read Marg as usually.