Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 8th September 2013, 10:27 AM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Just Bianca
Default Getting over the storm :(

I've just listen to the album Getting over the Storm....not happy...not happy at all.
I love the voices of Duncan and Robin together...but the howling guitars on the background...iieeuuww, don't like the country stuff. My personal opinion is you guys are a step to far from your own sound...maybe two or three steps.
I love you guys so so much but this album...no not one goosebump here. never had that before, sometimes you don't like a song so much but there is always a song that gives you joy or happiness or whatever kind of feeling but it was always a good feeling. Getting over the Storm gives me nothing .
So sorry guys...looking forward to the next album and hoping it will be smashing like all your albums before, like Present Arms, guns in the ghetto, promises and lies, twentyfourseven, who you fighting for, Cover up, that kind of stuff.

Love Bianca

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Last edited by Just Bianca; 8th September 2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old 9th September 2013, 04:08 PM
UB40 Fan

Well, for me just the opposite is true: the more creative you are making music, the better. The guys made an excellent job on GOTS, the've just made their point: reggae and country have something in common and can...no!...should be combined, and that for sure! There's a great load of freshness coming with GOTS, and I really, really hope they will keep on suprising us. At least I feel totally suprised
Old 11th September 2013, 02:56 PM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Just Bianca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrek View Post
Well, for me just the opposite is true: the more creative you are making music, the better. The guys made an excellent job on GOTS, the've just made their point: reggae and country have something in common and can...no!...should be combined, and that for sure! There's a great load of freshness coming with GOTS, and I really, really hope they will keep on suprising us. At least I feel totally suprised
Hey Piotrek,
Im glad you like the album, but i don't like country at all and maybe im a rusty old lady but i love the UB40 sound and i know they must be refreshing everytime again to stand up in the difficult music business but i think they are doing it all the time. exept this time...i miss Astro on this album very much and the howling guitars is a little bit too much for me .
Enjoy the album Piotrek and for this time i will grab the older albums till the next smashing album is out

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.