Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 16th July 2010, 02:17 PM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to ub40bwoy2005 Send a message via Yahoo to ub40bwoy2005
Default Signing Off Tour...(Mr. Brian Travers)

How have you been? I just Only have just a question i would like to ask, just recently relised you and your band members will be peforming the Signing Off Tour in coming months, will this tour be recorded live and on producing it on dvd?

Respect from Down Under.
Old 16th July 2010, 02:20 PM
UBloonie

Well i for one hope so... for all the fans that can't make it to the UK

You've cat to be kitten me right?
Old 16th July 2010, 02:54 PM
UB40 Band Member

Greetings...Working on it..now if you can just have a word with the 700,000 people that downloaded Labour of Love IV..tell them they are very naughty and it's stuff like that ,that makes the record labels say..." why should we spend on vast amounts of budget to make dvd's and records when the public doesn't actually buy them any more, preferring instead to download them for diddlysquat...I must admit I understand their logic, these things don't make themselves and require a LOT of $$$€€€£££ to get into the shops...
Old 16th July 2010, 02:59 PM
UBloonie

Well... if money is the problem... can't the same thing be done like with the rehearsal show? Have several people tape it, have one person (like Joris f.i.) to make it all digital on dvd and spread from there? Us loonies are happy to help eachother out re-copying it for others... or aren't we?

You've cat to be kitten me right?
Old 16th July 2010, 06:07 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Nes B40

Poesie, i'm planning on filming the whole gig if thats ok with BT, Jimbob and the rest of UB40 and get away with it in the venue, then same thing has the rehersals can be done.

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn213/nesbit_bucket/

Last edited by Nes B40; 16th July 2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 16th July 2010, 06:08 PM
UB40 Band Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poesiemau View Post
Well... if money is the problem... can't the same thing be done like with the rehearsal show? Have several people tape it, have one person (like Joris f.i.) to make it all digital on dvd and spread from there? Us loonies are happy to help eachother out re-copying it for others... or aren't we?

something I have been speaking about, I think it would be a lot more artistic than an over produced pro multi camera shoot..this could be something much grittier, realistic, contemporary etc ...except I would like to get all the film and edit it ourselves this time...maybe if enough people here would commit to filming complete songs, staying very still and not waving the camera about...and if we could decide on a format ..for example only HD cameras so there would be at least a continuity of format..then I might think on it a little more, would be cool to make a film with your footage from the whole tour.....its a lot of organising...what do people think?
Old 16th July 2010, 06:15 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt/ub40 View Post
something I have been speaking about, I think it would be a lot more artistic than an over produced pro multi camera shoot..this could be something much grittier, realistic, contemporary etc ...except I would like to get all the film and edit it ourselves this time...maybe if enough people here would commit to filming complete songs, staying very still and not waving the camera about...and if we could decide on a format ..for example only HD cameras so there would be at least a continuity of format..then I might think on it a little more, would be cool to make a film with your footage from the whole tour.....its a lot of organising...what do people think?
Oh I like that idea.........would make you feel like you've been part of the tour !!
Old 16th July 2010, 06:20 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
What they said

Low cost, fans contribute material. I'd pay for a copy. Everyone happy. BUT I am a short ass and cant stand still when UB40 are playing, so someone else will have to do the filming!
Old 16th July 2010, 06:20 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
That would be great

But I havent got a HD camera
Old 16th July 2010, 06:28 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Nes B40

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybluenoes View Post
That would be great

But I havent got a HD camera
No, neather is mine, But the 5 full vids I did at brum looked and sounded ok, and pretty still, mind you I did have my elbows for support resting on the barrier,maybe I could post it to Reflex then Mr.T could do what ever he wanted to it,

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn213/nesbit_bucket/