Old 16th August 2014, 09:47 PM

Send a message via MSN to UBLutwyche Send a message via Yahoo to UBLutwyche

Quote:
Originally Posted by GefferyMorgan View Post
That's cool. Not a problem at all. Just like you prefer to listen to both, I prefer to listen to just UB40. Ali had my loyalty for many years, and then he proved that he no longer deserved it. Ya know?
I'm on this earth for a good time, how people co-ordinate their lives is up to them. I'm just enjoying what's being offered.
Old 16th August 2014, 10:01 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBLutwyche View Post
I'm on this earth for a good time, how people co-ordinate their lives is up to them. I'm just enjoying what's being offered.
But some of us can't just cast aside what's happened. It's hard for me to take anyone seriously if I know they treat their friends like crap. If a person would hurt their own friends, then they truly cannot care about anybody...and to me....that's why it's impossible for me to listen to him. Does it really matter how talented he is and how great a singer he is if that's ALL he has and has no substance or moral backbone? Not trying to sway you one way or the other...just asking a very valid question. To me, he's a clanging cymbal...a resounding gong....he sounds good, but in the end, he offers nothing of good substance.

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 16th August 2014, 10:09 PM
UB40 Band Member

Quote:

Is it that simple though sean ???

What about gary glitter ?? If he released a record you liked would you buy it, and pay to see him live.?

If the answer is, it wouldn't bother you what he had done if the record was good, that's taking 'I'm only interested in the music' to a perverse degree. If you turned up at a gig I think you will find you would be on your own.

If the answer is, sometimes some people do things that are unacceptable, therefore I do NOT support them, that means that it isn't only about the quality of the music.

The reality is that few things are black and white in that way. There are degrees. And our ex singer has acted in a way that many many UB40 fans find completely unacceptable.

You may personally have a different tolerance level. That's your choice.
Old 16th August 2014, 10:32 PM
Super Über UBloonie

The reality is that few things are black and white in that way. There are degrees. And our ex singer has acted in a way that many many UB40 fans find completely unacceptable.

Crystal clear J...

oLdbOi
Old 16th August 2014, 10:36 PM
UB40 Band Member

thanks B.

Old 17th August 2014, 02:26 AM
UB40 Fan

Quote:
You detest him that much you can't even listen to his voice and anything pre-LOL4 ? **** me, you guys really have it bad.

You're all as bitter as he is lol.
hey, how did you get from one person's comment to "you're ALL as bitter as he is" ?

i still listen to all the old UB40 music (as I'm sure most do). I just refuse to support his current fraud and won't be supporting him or buying his music any longer...
Old 17th August 2014, 08:31 AM

Send a message via MSN to UBLutwyche Send a message via Yahoo to UBLutwyche

That's all true, I guess. We all have different ways of dealing with the world, and people, and circumstances. What works for one, doesn't for another. Neither is right or wrong, just being human, I suppose. But then, I'm merely talking from a fans perspective. I'm sure it'll be a different story if it was a lifelong pal, and fellow band member for decades. I guess, it wouldn't be so easy to switch off or tolerate if I was in that position. But then, who knows how I would react, I can only imagine.
Old 17th August 2014, 10:57 AM
UBloonie

of course i still listen to all ub40 music but to choose what goes in my car is a choice. i listen to the early stuff , simply because thats what i fell in love with and the freshness of it all; also being the lead vocalist , but as the years passed i became aware that the band became more commercial and the music became easy to listen too and the lead vocalist also became different not as fresh well croaky but i still loved the music and the band ,not an individual, lol 1,2 were constantly on the radio and tour after tour were swamped with those tracks and less and less the early stuff and as the years went on after p&l and lol3 it was obvious that the early stuff had pretty much gone fron the tours and it became obvious to me that they could not do the early stuff justice, king and food for thought were played at some gigs but vocally i did not like them live; as the years went on and the faux jamaican accent was practically evident i felt that the tours were now heavily LOL and although the casual fans would welcome those tracks at gigs i would just listen and dance and still be at most ub40 concerts , because i was a hardcore fan. Since the departure of the ex singer the tours have been exceptional because we are hearing old tracks being played live and sung smoothly,with no fake accent and they sound amazing and you can tell the band are enjoying going back in time. The lol4 album was superb but GOTS was genius, i admit it took a while but once i heard it live wow. Now good luck to the ex singer on his solo venture most ub fans were gutted me included because for 28 years he was part of the greatest band ever but its now that i appreciate even more how a united band play without the disruption of an egomaniac who luckilyfor him had a great band playing with hi because with his voice deteriorating as it has he would have been long gone as a soloistc

Last edited by old loonie; 17th August 2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old 17th August 2014, 12:23 PM
UBloonie

just to add further the subsequent behavior of the ex singer has left a very bad taste in the mouth. yes its ok for people to listen to both sides musically but the strange venom directed at ub40 from a minority of ardent followers of the ex singer make them no better than him,so to lie,cheat,slate and try to make himself out to be ub40 is ok is it, bet those same people would'nt do or say those things about their own family or would they?
Old 17th August 2014, 12:44 PM
UB40 Fan

Send a message via AIM to oneillk Send a message via MSN to oneillk

Loonie tunes chatting it again!