Old 16th August 2014, 09:11 PM
UB40 Band Member

The idea that there is bitterness on both sides is also very wrong.

One day, for whatever reason, our singer left the band.

He went on to make his own records and toured as aldi campbell and his dep band.

UB40 get themselves a new singer and continued recording and touring as UB40.

We wish our ex singer luck with his new life.

But what he cannot do is claim that he is US, because he isn't.

No bitterness involved, we are just protecting ourselves.
Old 16th August 2014, 09:16 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post

He went on to make his own records and toured as aldi campbell and his dep band.

(((presses invisible "like" button)))

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 16th August 2014, 09:18 PM

Send a message via MSN to UBLutwyche Send a message via Yahoo to UBLutwyche

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post

He leaves UB40 and starts using their name as his own. Wrong totally. He left to pursue to a solo career, and I wish he would exploit himself as a solo performer.
Old 16th August 2014, 09:34 PM
UB40 Band Member

looks like we're on the same page after all sean.
Old 16th August 2014, 09:36 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBLutwyche View Post
He leaves UB40 and starts using their name as his own. Wrong totally. He left to pursue to a solo career, and I wish he would exploit himself as a solo performer.
Right. I've seen and heard people complaining about BT and Jimmy saying stuff and slating them, saying that "they're unprofessional" by saying what they say about Ali. Problem is, it's ALI who says things like "We are UB40" and "the dark side are making country music now", and "we are reclaiming the UB40 name to promote reggae." Jimmy and Brian haven't said anything at all in the press about Ali, except that he's trying to steal their livelihood. Does Brian tend to say a lot of swear words on Facebook and on here? Well, yeah, but could you imagine how you'd respond if you'd been in a band for 35 years and three of your ex-best friends and bandmates left you and then showed back up years later trying to steal your livelihood? The Pope himself would be mad enough to swear if that happened to him! lol And no, this isn't aimed at you, Sean. This is for the people out there who try to defend Ali until the death. He's the one causing ALL the problems and keeping the shit stirred. But for some reason, some people choose to take up for him and blame the UB's.

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 16th August 2014, 09:38 PM
UBloonie

I said all that and forgot to get to my point lol. Point is....Ali would still be liked and listened to by most UB40 fans had he not caused this problem. He's got his own self to thank for the arguments.

Old 16th August 2014, 09:40 PM
UB40 Band Member

Yes matt.

it's difficult to understand how some people refuse to recognise the difference between aldi's tirades to the press, and our response on this website, which only has a handful of members left.
Old 16th August 2014, 09:41 PM
UBloonie

Speaking of this board having few members left...Jim, when are you joining Facebook?

Old 16th August 2014, 09:42 PM

Send a message via MSN to UBLutwyche Send a message via Yahoo to UBLutwyche

Quote:
Originally Posted by GefferyMorgan View Post
Right. I've seen and heard people complaining about BT and Jimmy saying stuff and slating them, saying that "they're unprofessional" by saying what they say about Ali. Problem is, it's ALI who says things like "We are UB40" and "the dark side are making country music now", and "we are reclaiming the UB40 name to promote reggae." Jimmy and Brian haven't said anything at all in the press about Ali, except that he's trying to steal their livelihood. Does Brian tend to say a lot of swear words on Facebook and on here? Well, yeah, but could you imagine how you'd respond if you'd been in a band for 35 years and three of your ex-best friends and bandmates left you and then showed back up years later trying to steal your livelihood? The Pope himself would be mad enough to swear if that happened to him! lol And no, this isn't aimed at you, Sean. This is for the people out there who try to defend Ali until the death. He's the one causing ALL the problems and keeping the shit stirred. But for some reason, some people choose to take up for him and blame the UB's.
I can only imagine. But I ain't here to judge. And I ain't there to judge either. Regardless of the politics I will support both sides like I've already said. There's nothing false about creativity, and that is what I count upon.

And doesn't make me oblivious, naive nor thick.
Old 16th August 2014, 09:44 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBLutwyche View Post
I can only imagine. But I ain't here to judge. And I ain't there to judge either. Regardless of the politics I will support both sides like I've already said. There's nothing false about creativity, and that is what I count upon.

That's cool. Not a problem at all. Just like you prefer to listen to both, I prefer to listen to just UB40. Ali had my loyalty for many years, and then he proved that he no longer deserved it. Ya know?