Old 15th August 2014, 05:07 PM
UBloonie

i heard ali`s new single on radio 2 this morning and loved it.
Old 15th August 2014, 05:34 PM
UBloonie

good for you. i wont be listening to it.
Old 15th August 2014, 05:42 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
this highlights another fundamental difference between UB40 and our ex singer.

The only place I post is ON THIS SITE. I visit lots of different sites, but have never ever posted on any of them. And I think that probably applies to MOST of the band. The most prolific poster in the band is probably BT, then RBC on here and maybe Facebook. And that's it.

So when I do come across some snide post on one of our [say] youtube videos, it's lovely to see fans of the band defending us. And it's incredibly heartening that so many fans out there can counter with the REAL story. Fans that have stuck with us through these difficult times. There aren't many extra facts that we need to demonstrate, you guy's seem to have it well covered.

However. . .

aldi OTOH [not himself of course, probably his ex groupie wife] spend countless hours scouring the internet looking for anything connected to UB40 so they can troll them. Various family members, including ex members wives have nothing better to do in their lives than post negative comments about us. It's part of their campaign to try and destroy us. Most, if not ALL of the trolling is done by them, not by disgruntled fans.

WE don't need to reply because you guys always get in their first and pick them apart.

It's a boodiful thing.
jim truth is he any of ub40 had done anything wrong we would morally have put you in your place too the fact is the strange crotch grabbing grannies and their prefect have no morals and are too far down the line to say anything different now as they have made themselves look complete dicks as well as their headmaster as so they will keep on trolling the net to spread their venom to make themselves look like they have chosen their idol over the best reggae band in the world. they wont want detention will they
Old 15th August 2014, 06:23 PM
UB40 Band Member

Yes OL.

That kind of fanatical, unconditional support for an artist is something teenagers do.

Let's face it, most fans of the band [and aldi] are certainly NOT teenagers any more.

When you get older you become more discerning.You apply your well earned knowledge and experience to your decisions.

You have to earn respect, and most UB40 fans have lost respect for our ex singer.
Old 15th August 2014, 06:50 PM
UBloonie

i cant even listen to him now mate i detest him and that voice. i would have still listened to ub40 with him because it was the band but now i would'nt give him the time of day. Ub40 are a stronger unit now without the charlie big bollox in the ranks. I still listen heavily to the early stuff but after ub40 the album i i leave them in the cabinet and just have LOL 4 and GOTS in the car with SO. If my other half has ubs on in her car its normally Cover up ,WYFF and GOTS
Old 16th August 2014, 07:27 PM

Send a message via MSN to UBLutwyche Send a message via Yahoo to UBLutwyche

You detest him that much you can't even listen to his voice and anything pre-LOL4 ? **** me, you guys really have it bad.

You're all as bitter as he is lol.

Last edited by UBLutwyche; 16th August 2014 at 07:45 PM.
Old 16th August 2014, 08:10 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBLutwyche View Post
You detest him that much you can't even listen to his voice and anything pre-LOL4 ? **** me, you guys really have it bad.

You're all as bitter as he is lol.

Pre-LOL4, Ali wasn't acting like a wanker (at least not in PUBLIC), and we were supporting the band as a whole. Same goes for now, we still support the band as a whole, but Ali, Astro and Mickey decided to no longer be a part of that band, and Ali has taken it upon himself to slag his former mates, use their name and cause this entire problem. Some of us have morals and won't support someone who is a total jackass. Why can't you understand that? And why do people take up for the very person who started the entire fight to begin with? UB40 shouldn't be given a bad name for defending their stance and responding to what Ali has started. Or do you expect them to just take all this garbage and not respond at all?

Truth is...listen to Ali's music. How many of his songs on his own solo albums has he actually written? Brian wrote a lot of the songs on Big Love and Running Free. Flying High has a bunch of covers, Great British Songs is a cover album of old rock songs (and he cuts UB40 down for doing a reggae album of country songs! LOL), and his album "Silhouette" is named after an old reggae cover....and the song "Silhouette" is his single off that album. The verdict is in....Ali has a problem with originality. He no longer has Brian, Robin & Jimmy to write his songs for him, so he basically HAS to live off old UB40 hits and cover versions of other people's songs. Maybe this is why he's telling his family members that he's so depressed. If he has a conscience left, it should be bothering him right about now...

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 16th August 2014, 08:52 PM
UB40 Band Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBLutwyche View Post

not really.

I'll give you an extreme example so that you can understand why some people have a visceral dislike for aldi.

gary glitter.

Overdoing it a bit, you might think, but all I'm saying is this. . .

Lots of people loved gary glitter records, the public bought them by the millions. Then he was exposed as a paedo and no one wanted to listen to them any more. They were the same records everyone seemed to love at the time. Those records haven't changed. They are still extremely well made pop records. But now we know what we know, our REACTIONS to those records have changed.

To most decent people, the idea of selling out your family and friends, stabbing them in the back and seven years later trying to steal their livelihood from them, is a fairly serious moral crime. Not up there with child molesting obviously, but still very serious, particularly in a situation where the culture was 'all for one, and one for all' as it so obviously was for UB40. We all back each other up and we all share equally in the rewards.

It's true that the records haven't changed.

What's changed is people's REACTION to the records. Knowing what they know now makes people feel a bit. . . cheated.

From that perspective it's difficult to understand how some people seem to be able to overlook it and excuse it.
Old 16th August 2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GefferyMorgan View Post
Pre-LOL4, Ali wasn't acting like a wanker (at least not in PUBLIC), and we were supporting the band as a whole. Same goes for now, we still support the band as a whole, but Ali, Astro and Mickey decided to no longer be a part of that band, and Ali has taken it upon himself to slag his former mates, use their name and cause this entire problem. Some of us have morals and won't support someone who is a total jackass. Why can't you understand that? And why do people take up for the very person who started the entire fight to begin with? UB40 shouldn't be given a bad name for defending their stance and responding to what Ali has started. Or do you expect them to just take all this garbage and not respond at all?

Truth is...listen to Ali's music. How many of his songs on his own solo albums has he actually written? Brian wrote a lot of the songs on Big Love and Running Free. Flying High has a bunch of covers, Great British Songs is a cover album of old rock songs (and he cuts UB40 down for doing a reggae album of country songs! LOL), and his album "Silhouette" is named after an old reggae cover....and the song "Silhouette" is his single off that album. The verdict is in....Ali has a problem with originality. He no longer has Brian, Robin & Jimmy to write his songs for him, so he basically HAS to live off old UB40 hits and cover versions of other people's songs. Maybe this is why he's telling his family members that he's so depressed. If he has a conscience left, it should be bothering him right about now...
Lol. How does that justify not listening to pre-LOL4, which is all I said btw.
Old 16th August 2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
not really.

I'll give you an extreme example so that you can understand why some people have a visceral dislike for aldi.

gary glitter.

Overdoing it a bit, you might think, but all I'm saying is this. . .

Lots of people loved gary glitter records, the public bought them by the millions. Then he was exposed as a paedo and no one wanted to listen to them any more. They were the same records everyone seemed to love at the time. Those records haven't changed. They are still extremely well made pop records. But now we know what we know, our REACTIONS to those records have changed.

To most decent people, the idea of selling out your family and friends, stabbing them in the back and seven years later trying to steal their livelihood from them, is a fairly serious moral crime. Not up there with child molesting obviously, but still very serious, particularly in a situation where the culture was 'all for one, and one for all' as it so obviously was for UB40. We all back each other up and we all share equally in the rewards.

It's true that the records haven't changed.

What's changed is people's REACTION to the records. Knowing what they know now makes people feel a bit. . . cheated.

From that perspective it's difficult to understand how some people seem to be able to overlook it and excuse it.
Understand totally. But I still don't see how not long listening to 24 albums with Ali's voice on justifiable. Sounds almost extremist as a religious fanatic. We were all gutted at the split admittedly, and we've all had our eyes opened to many facets of the band's circumstance over the years, but, seriously, not listening to his voice is a bit extreme. Maybe I'm picking up on that comment a bit too much, but all the same...