Old 11th June 2010, 12:47 PM
UB40 Fan

tell them to send a surveyor round with a machine they poke in the wall to see if its damp or not ,they always try that one, dont be afraid to go above your housing officers head (often works) and try housing associations often more sympathetic in these situations .
Old 11th June 2010, 01:03 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by flossy View Post
tell them to send a surveyor round with a machine they poke in the wall to see if its damp or not ,they always try that one, dont be afraid to go above your housing officers head (often works) and try housing associations often more sympathetic in these situations .
Thanks for your advice. I've contacted the labour councillor, she's says I need to fight and to go to someone further up the ladder, as you have said.
There's is a woman calling round on Monday to talk about my situation....don't know who she is or where she is in the terms of of getting us moved.

I'll keep you posted, Flossy.

love jen x
Old 11th June 2010, 01:39 PM
UB40 Fan

housing officer then housing manager then above if needs (director in housing ass dont know in council ) always write down date ,NAME and job title of who you speak to, regardless ,you may need to refer to something said!! never throw anything said in letters and always remain calm but firm. putting things in writing often works better than a phone call but follow up with a phone call if you hear nothing. good luck x
Old 11th June 2010, 04:45 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by j59 View Post
thanks once again for all your kind wishes and PMs and phone calls

Jackie, wig and stand arrived today,it's very kind of you.

I've yet to find out how I go about the hair shave and sponsorship. I'll put up a seperate post once I know what I'm doing. At the moment I'm still having more tests done and also having to sort out the paperwork for going on long term sick, who I need to inform etc. When you're on a low wage and claim some benefits it's not as simple as just having chemo you've got to fill in a 100 million forms to prove it.

Just for fun I'm trying to get the council to move us out of this damp flat. So far the MacMillan nurse has spoken on my behalf. She was told the flat wasn't damp it was only condensation. The nurse explained condensation causes micro spores, which can make some one on chemo to become very ill. The councils reply was I'd get 30 points on there system and it'll take years to be moved. Well, it's something to take me mind off the cancer, lol

love jx

Glad the wig and head arrived so quick Jen

and so sorry to hear of the other problems you are facing re the housing and benefits, not what you need at a time like this

but when you DO get round to your hair shave and sponsorship if you need any advice or help give me a shout if i can be of any help

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time
Old 11th June 2010, 04:49 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Nes B40

30 points and take years to be moved and In those conditions, they are taking the piss.

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn213/nesbit_bucket/
Old 11th June 2010, 04:51 PM
Über UBLoonie

Awe blimey, just what you don't need, hope they get a move on and sort this out for you asap
Old 14th June 2010, 12:48 PM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to ub40bwoy2005 Send a message via Yahoo to ub40bwoy2005

oh my god, same as my mum's friend who had breast cancer she felt a lump at the early stages, and at present its gone, cause surgeons removed it and now she's on medication. i'll give strong comfort for you. keep on killing the cancers.