Old 14th January 2010, 01:23 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Soul View Post
To expand a little bit on my earlier post, I'm disturbed by the presence of the Red Cross at this tragic event. Here is a section of an online article

Every time there is a major catastrophe the Red Cross and similar organizations like United Way are given all the media attention while other charities are left in the shadows. This is not to say that the vast majority of Red Cross workers are not decent people who simply want to help those in need.
But what the media fails consistently to remember in their promotion of the organization is that the American Red Cross have been caught time and time again withholding money in the wake of horrible disasters that require immediate release of funds.
The Red Cross, under the Liberty Fund, collected $564 million in donations after 9/11. Months after the event, the Red Cross had distributed only $154 million. The Red Cross' explanation for keeping the majority of the money was that it would be used to help 'fight the war on terror'. To the victims, this meant that the money was going towards bombing broken backed third world countries like Afghanistan and setting up surveillance cameras and expanding the police state in US cities, and not towards helping them rebuild their lives.

OKLAHOMA BOMBINGS

The first days after the bombing,” says one family member, “people from all over the country were sending checks in lieu of flowers and we were getting a lot of checks and cash every day — hundreds, even thousands, of dollars. Then the Red Cross went down to the post office and made arrangements to collect the mail and they would deliver it to us in bulk. All the mail had been opened, and from that point on there never was a dime, even in letters that said money was enclosed.”

The Red Cross has been caught engaging in rampant corruption on an all too regular basis.

3,000 people died after thousands of Canadians were infected with HIV and hepatitis C from tainted blood supplies.The Canadian Red Cross pleaded guilty to the charges earlier this year after they had been directly caught knowlingly shipping out the infected blood.
Smaller charities [which ones? (my insert)] that were involved with the 2004 Tsunami relief project went public to say that large charities like Red Cross and United Way were engaged in secret backroom negotiations with each other that meant a large portion of the donation money was purposefully restricted from reaching the most needy areas affected by the disaster.

The history is clear, the Red Cross and other large so-called charities are in actual fact front group collection agencies for the military industrial complex.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Having an idea of how some 'charity' orgaisations operate, none of the above surprises me. I'll be looking for reputable organisations so that I know it gets to the Haitians.
FULL ARTICLE:

Don't Give Your Hurricane Donations to the Red Cross

Old 14th January 2010, 02:31 PM
UBloonie

Has anyone read what Pat Robertson, that disgusting excuse for a human, has been saying??

Apparently Haiti is paying for a pact it made with the devil!!

Pat Robertson says Haiti paying for 'pact to the devil' - CNN.com

www.trudiemunnart.co.uk

"Some birds aren't meant to be caged, their feathers are just too bright"
Old 14th January 2010, 04:08 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallytruly View Post
Has anyone read what Pat Robertson, that disgusting excuse for a human, has been saying??

Apparently Haiti is paying for a pact it made with the devil!!

Pat Robertson says Haiti paying for 'pact to the devil' - CNN.com
Yes, I heard this on Talksport radio. What an inbred he is.

Old 14th January 2010, 04:11 PM
UBloonie

Default Wyclef Jean's Yele Haiti Foundation lead aid efforts

The Yele Haiti Foundation, begun by Haiti native Wyclef Jean, is collecting donations to help those affected by the Haiti earthquake.
Jean said in a statement:
"I cannot stress enough what a human disaster this is, and idle hands will only make this tragedy worse. The over 2 million people in Port-au-Prince tonight face catastrophe alone. We must act now."
Jean urged people on his Twitter account to help in the Haiti disaster relief effort by texting "Yele" to 501501. This donates $5 to the Yele Haiti Foundation, automatically charged to your cell phone bill.
People can also donate to the Yele Haiti Foundation online here.
The Yele Haiti Foundation Web site is suffering from server issues at the moment, so the best way to donate is by text or the site above.

article link is below:

Yele Haiti Foundation: Wyclef Jean Leads Effort In Aiding Haiti Victims

Old 14th January 2010, 04:26 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

Thanks for that Imani, I've forwarded the Wycliff information to my sister in law who is spearheading a local campaign through her church.... getting the Mormons involved, gets the job done.
Old 14th January 2010, 07:40 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Soul View Post

The Yele Haiti Foundation, begun by Haiti native Wyclef Jean, is collecting donations to help those affected by the Haiti earthquake.
Jean said in a statement:
"I cannot stress enough what a human disaster this is, and idle hands will only make this tragedy worse. The over 2 million people in Port-au-Prince tonight face catastrophe alone. We must act now."
Jean urged people on his Twitter account to help in the Haiti disaster relief effort by texting "Yele" to 501501. This donates $5 to the Yele Haiti Foundation, automatically charged to your cell phone bill.
People can also donate to the Yele Haiti Foundation online here.
The Yele Haiti Foundation Web site is suffering from server issues at the moment, so the best way to donate is by text or the site above.

article link is below:

Yele Haiti Foundation: Wyclef Jean Leads Effort In Aiding Haiti Victims

This is a severe loss of life; my heart goes out to the inhabitants of Haiti. They will need a lot of support to re-build their lives.
Old 17th January 2010, 03:02 PM
I'm New here

Default haiti tragedy

I want send condolence to victims. Big damage. I don't wish it to any worst enemy.
Old 17th January 2010, 05:02 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzegorz Doniczkowski View Post
I want send condolence to victims. Big damage. I don't wish it to any worst enemy.
Nice thoughts.

Welcome to the bb.

love jx