Old 1st June 2011, 09:52 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to dutchy Send a message via Yahoo to dutchy

Ali is a big succes on youtube compare to UB40 haha, hard to get 1000 views for Ali, Does Ali ride horses? It looks like it when he's trying to dance, maybe it's better for him to sit down, he's aging fast after he left UB40, he must be doing very well in life haha
Old 1st June 2011, 10:24 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy View Post
It's fricken kewl to stir up the shyte on the aldi youtube clips haha, i love being in stupid conversations
Old 1st June 2011, 10:27 PM
Super Über UBloonie

They have been saying they are writing new material for 3 years Dutchy.... They keep telling you that, then release back catalogue! Suckers! if they do record any originals, who will distribute it! You can't market Duncan. They released LOL4 (Proven seller for them) In Feb when the charts have poor sales and it still flopped! What do you think will happen if they were to release an album of originals? it will cost them money they haven't got! Not gonna happen! Back catalogue!

Sardonicus
Old 1st June 2011, 10:49 PM
UB40 Band Member

he's an expert at getting it totally wrong dutchy. We've had the support of EMI ever since aldi left. And the next album will be on EMI. They love Dunc.
Aldi, on the other hand has had to resort to finding investment from outside the music business [there are plenty of suckers out there who see £ signs when UB40 are involved, if only historically]. Each album has been on his own home-made label. that's because he can't get a deal with a major label. He loses too much money.

and LOL4 sold 50,000 in a couple of weeks. Not many of aldi's records have managed to sell even 10,000. And the last one didn't even manage 5,000.

if they lie to themselves often enough then maybe they can convince themselves that it's all great. But no one else is convinced. His gig attendances are poor, and not many promoters will take another chance on him. that's why there are only a handful of shows in the UK, and those he did play were empty. When he's finished his 'tour' [half a dozen club sized venues mostly empty], it'll be like nothing happened. Then he'll have to wait until we come out with a new record and tour before he tries to release anything else.
Old 1st June 2011, 10:55 PM
Über UBLoonie

I've avoided posting on this topic for a while.

Can I just say... pancakes

He really is intent on harming the UB40 name. All of his interviews (where he bitches and whines) are timed when a tour or album release is imminent from either side. He's like a child
Old 1st June 2011, 11:05 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Yes Jimmy, i saw that after the lol4 release, soon after he released british songs. Problem with Sardonicus is: he isn't good in a discussion, when you ask questions, he's only starting about moving on. I told him why i don't like Ali's music anymore, simply because of the lack of music. But i really think he has no clue what i'm talking about. If i wanna hear synthesyzers, i will listen to trance and techno music, and i love those both styles of music. Using a synthesizer as an extra on top of the other instruments, that's ok. It looks like all the Ali fans are just listening to his voice, but not hearing how the songs are played instrumental, that's why we ub40 fans saying it sounds like karaoke. The fans who stopped follow ub40 and follow ali now, are not listening to the music.
Sly and robbie did a poor job on flying high, and to be honest, i don't like them, they don't have the skills to suprise us listeners. I'm not licking your poophole Jimmy, but you have the skills to improve your drums, otherwise it would be boring i think. Same as for the brass, it's always kewl to hear how it starts, where it starts, how it's being mixed with the other instruments, most remarkable is: i hear the baseline, but it is hidden so good within the other instruments, as a fan from the early days, it still is a delight to hear the improvement on the instruments by UB40.

Dutchy
Old 1st June 2011, 11:06 PM
Super Über UBloonie

He's worse than a child Anant, he's allegedly an adult. Its way past time for him to know better.
Old 1st June 2011, 11:06 PM
UB40 Band Member

he scavenges off UB40. releasing records to coincide with OUR tours. Flyers at OUR gigs. OUR name is the biggest name on his posters, giving the impression that it is US that are playing.[His own band don't even get a mention on his gig posters].

then slags us off to whoever in the media will listen.

nice.
Old 1st June 2011, 11:08 PM
Super Über UBloonie

No karaoke with the legends ub40 ,

FREE GARY TYLER

www.freegarytyler.com/

Old 1st June 2011, 11:13 PM
Super Über UBloonie

And Ali isn't serious about being a musician/performer. @ his age you have to take care of your body and weight in a way to perform on stage, what i've seen he looks terrible, completely out of shape, dancing like he rides on a horse every day. If you start out solo and you wanna impress, you have to follow diets, getting in shape etc.
But he thinks all is coming natural, but those days are over.