Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > General Anarchy

Old 16th January 2009, 05:15 PM
UBloonie

Default Why, me black bredda, WHY?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Dlkv9GgXY

How amazing it is that 'roots' reggae artists such as Sizzla and others, who would posture themselves as 'anti establishment' 'anti babylon' have rallied to Obama. And it's purely based upon colour. Fickle. And ignorant of information. Bill Clinton said much the same as Obama, and I never saw ONE roots reggae artists literally singing his praises.

Reggae artists used to provide an alternative media to the mainstream, as hip hop did before it was turned in another direction, i.e BACKWARD. To now hear some of these lyrics in Obama songs is like reading the headlines of Sun, designed for non-thinkers. Where it once spoke out against the corruption flowing from the White House, now they are supporting it, because it's in a black face.

There was a time when the reggae movement was seen as 'subversive' and monitored by the CIA
http://www.7mac.com/academy/CIA_reggae1.htm
Hip hop was also monitored. For the time being, the intelligence community needn't bother wasting their time looking for subversive lyrical messages amongst these artists. They've more chance of finding Bin Laden.

Hurray, there's a black man in the White House! We live in a fair world now. Yeah, ok. A black man is now in charge of the most corrupt, warmongering (Vatican puppet) modern day Nazi government in recent history, and you call that PROGRESS?
I can understand people who are ill informed or in complete denial believing that. Me? I see the very people who create strife throughout the world NOW supporting Obama- so I will suspect his motives 100%.

Old 16th January 2009, 06:59 PM
Super Über UBloonie

It's sad really....

Why would you trust any politician....whether he's black or white; that's what he is, a politician. And no matter how good or nice they appear before they get the power, once they're in charge they're all the same pocketfilling b'trds. I hope Obama's different but personally I think it's too much of a 'coincidence' that he's the President now. You could also call it good publicity....just what the USA needed eh And if he screws up, well the whole world can blame the black guy and reggae artists can go back to their 'normal' lyrics again, lol!

I don't consider Sizzla a roots singer btw, but I must admit I usually give up listening after 10 seconds of bashing/shouting so I don't know too many tunes by him haha!!

Hope all's well with you Imani.......good thread again my friend xx

www.myspace.com/cloggyreggae
Old 16th January 2009, 10:39 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

absolutely agree 100% imani as you knew i would xxxx

moni, sizzla has turned to 'roots n culture' music nah. he's a terrible singer buuuuuuuuut i actually quite like him...lol x
Old 16th January 2009, 11:25 PM
UBloonie

Hi Sting.......

Moni....you've pretty much summed it up.....it's a publicity stunt.

It's quite a new thing for artists to run like lemmings to fawn over a politician. In the past, politicians have always tried to enlist the support of artists, a) to appear to be cool and down, b) they know they can get a lot of votes with that affiliation.

Obama is backed by the same corrupt hands that gave the world George Bush. If his intention is good, then why did the same people who backed Bush back Obama with 21 million dollars plus in his campaign? The information is out there, folks- I don't do 'conspiracy theories' (you can see enough of those on CNN and BBC) Only a blinkered fool could dismiss this information, and much more that could be brought to the table. And this is why the human race keeps getting shafted, because people are so into this cult of personality bullcrap evry election.

People should keep in mind when Tony Blair became the uk prime minister. It is an identical scenario, Obama's rise to prominence.

Old 16th January 2009, 11:54 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STING
absolutely agree 100% imani as you knew i would xxxx

moni, sizzla has turned to 'roots n culture' music nah. he's a terrible singer buuuuuuuuut i actually quite like him...lol x
Hahaha pmsl@terrible singer!!! LOL!!! I almost wanted to check his tunes out! But....curious as I am...I'll HAVE to hear some of it.

Hope you're well Sting.....xxx

www.myspace.com/cloggyreggae
Old 17th January 2009, 06:11 PM
UBloonie

Where Obama is concerned I see a similar scenario as with the release of Mandela and his presidency. Or when Africans began to be presidents/prime ministers after years of European colonial rule.

i.e, At the very most, minor and superficial change could happen....but generally speaking nothing will change except the faces. Just like the same bloodlines behind the scenes run tings in Africa, so it is in the (yet to be) United States.