Serves her right for not sharing.
Old 6th December 2013, 02:52 PM
UB40 Band Member

That's exactly what I said Tom.

I thought women were supposed to be caring and sharing
Old 6th December 2013, 07:15 PM
UB40 Fan

Aye aye, enough of the wifie bashing

Was totally sickened by Cameron,s "sincere" speech. Plus the "news" that Victoria Beckham tweeted her thoughts on his passing was a headline! Just the celebrity nonsense we have to live with nowadays

Siobhan
Old 6th December 2013, 08:25 PM
UBloonie

I don't know if it was a doctored Tweet, but.... I've seen a picture of a Tweet by Paris Hilton which read something like she thought that Mandela's "I have a dream" speech was inspirational.

I hope it's a fake. No one is that thick. Are they??
Old 6th December 2013, 08:45 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGhost-F.G.E View Post
seeing ca-moron talking was a bit sickening,,, dave wakeling from the beat stuck something up on facebook saying much the same thing as jimmy, outing the torys attitude towards mandela and the anc....by posting a bit of propaganda of the time...

but i think jerry dammers and the special aka, need a pat on the back for writing that song, free nelson mandela...
not only did it bring attention to mandelas plight, and its because of that song, that people like me, and many others i suspect, first heard the name... nelson mandela..

on a side note, it was quite moving watching a bar full of south africans, back in bahrain 2005, singing and dancing to that song, performed by a bunch of kiwis..
I've still got that record MrGhost

love jx
Old 6th December 2013, 08:47 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Warrior View Post
I don't know if it was a doctored Tweet, but.... I've seen a picture of a Tweet by Paris Hilton which read something like she thought that Mandela's "I have a dream" speech was inspirational.

I hope it's a fake. No one is that thick. Are they??
Lol, don't be so sure about that!

love jx
Old 6th December 2013, 08:56 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
Yes comrade.

We can't let the Tories rewrite history. It was LABOUR who fought to free South Africa from the minority apartheid government. The Tories WERE the SA government, Tory supported racists manning one of the last outposts of empire with 100 percent support from the British Tories and British establishment, cheered along by the British press and the British aristocracy.

Labour otoh always supported Mandela and the ANC.

And Obama has every right to pay tribute to Mandela too. He spent his early years fighting to overturn apartheid and was obviously inspired by Mandela.

The American Republican Party were NO friend to Mandela either. They called Mandela a terrorist and banned the ANC, while doing lucrative business with the illegitimate minority white government in SA.

Maybe this thread should be a list of the enemies of Mandela.

It should also include the daily mail, the telegraph, and any Murdoch rag. All of them hated Mandela and would sooner have seen him hanged than freed from jail. All of them making profits from investing in the exploitation of SA land and resources, and the enslavement of the African population.

All of them trying to airbrush their own ignorant, venal, racist history from the story.

Hypocrites the lot of em.
Let's make it clear Jimmy, OLD Labour, not the NEW {tory} Labour of Tony Blair onwards.

love jx
Old 7th December 2013, 02:19 AM
UBloonie

What you describe above Jimmy is similar to certain negative comments I've heard on the airwaves here. Oh man.....

On another note, you mentioned Columbo. Used to love that program, one of the great detective shows of all time. Hope they don't try and re-make it. Peter Falk was a one-of-a-kind actor.

Peace,
Bagga......
Old 10th December 2013, 04:10 PM
UB40 Fan

Send a message via Skype™ to zagreb fan

I once met Mandela's wife, not the lovely Winnie, but the lady he married after divorcing, whilst I was working in Mozambique.The Assistant Manager of my hotel had done his training at the Metropole hotel at the NEC in Brum, and knew my dear old Mum as she worked in the shop, So I got moved into a nice suite, and had an open invitation to the nightly receptions held at the hotel. Free food and booze.

Anyway my translator, a lovely guy called David Massingwe, invited me to a family barbecue one Saturday. I drove there and decided not to drink as I'd already been arrested twice by the local plods. (Another story). I started drinking a yoghurt based concoction with a slight green tinge to it. Delicious, I must've had 4 or 5 pints of the stuff.

What I didn't know was it was laced with weapons grade marijuana. I had never been so stoned in my entire life. And that's saying something. I was rapidly becoming unable to function. I decided to drive back to the hotel before the paranoid catatonia got even worse. I drove very carefully the 15 miles or so, so much so that I was being overtaken by lame goats.

Then Richter scale munchies struck me down. Aha! I'll eat at the "do" that's on at the hotel tonight. Which I did. Unfortunately the CEO of the company I worked for tapped me on the back and there stood Mrs Mandela, and he introduced me to her. I remember thinking "Oh jeez, I don't think I have the power of speech just now".

But I made a heroic effort.

"Lovely to meet you Mrs Mandible, err Mandingo, err Mrs Man.....chester?". I think I might even have curtsied.

Oh, the look she shot me.

Sorry, I'll get me coat, I've obviously got too much time on my hands at the moment.

Last edited by zagreb fan; 10th December 2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10th December 2013, 04:15 PM
UB40 Band Member