Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 16th December 2011, 03:52 PM
UB40 Fan

Send a message via MSN to Marty
Default Bt/Jb old picture for 2012 europe tour......

Hi guys just to let you know that i saw some old picture of the band with ald...and mick.....for the 2012 europe tour.... i pretend that you will like to know

Cheers from the cold!

Nearest events — Siemens Arena

http://www.cidoarena.lt/?site=25&item=29739

Last edited by Marty; 16th December 2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 16th December 2011, 05:03 PM
UBloonie

Is it possible that he just has a really ABSENTMINDED publicist or marketing personnel and it is just an "OOOOOOOOPS!, we've been running the wrong copy for 3 years!!"

...or, no?...

Old 16th December 2011, 06:25 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty View Post
Hi guys just to let you know that i saw some old picture of the band with ald...and mick.....for the 2012 europe tour.... i pretend that you will like to know

Cheers from the cold!

Nearest events — Siemens Arena

Cido arena
Is this a UB gig with Ali & Micky in the picture, or an Ali gig with UB40 in the picture? Confused. Either way, there is a promotor somewhere in serious need of a slap.
Old 16th December 2011, 06:32 PM
UBloonie

Right, sorted. I've just checked the UB tour dates and this is a UB gig. That picture needs to be updated, sharpish!
Old 16th December 2011, 11:02 PM
Über UBLoonie

Oh baby baby its a mad world.... I do think it is just not checking...surely..?
Old 17th December 2011, 08:35 PM
UBloonie

Location: East London and PROUD..(now SLUMMUMING IT in Essex)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Warrior View Post
Right, sorted. I've just checked the UB tour dates and this is a UB gig. That picture needs to be updated, sharpish!
gotta agree with UKW here
we are the first to complain when Aldi is using false advertising

get it sorted guys
Old 17th December 2011, 09:07 PM
UB40 Band Member

we'll get on to it monday.

we want everyone to know that he has absolutely nothing to do with UB40 any more.
Old 17th December 2011, 10:00 PM
UBloonie

Jimmy, I appreciate that you want everyone to know that he’s got nothing to do with UB40 anymore but for the below reasons I’m not sure you could ever put a stop to the press/promoters etc… using footage and pics of UB40 from years past…no matter how hard you try.

In an ideal world of course we'd like up-to-date pics of the band however, that picture is in fact a picture of UB40 and it is UB40 who are playing. 90% of UB40 material, vids, pics, interviews etc..will of course include Micky & Aldi. Its UB40's history and you have every right to tap in to it.

This is how I see it anyway - UB40 is a company like any other.
Say you own a company called ABC Doors that makes and sells wooden doors and has done successfully for the last 30 years, to a regular customer base. Imagine you had a picture of all your 10 employees on your website and marketing material but then 2 of them, a designer and a sales guy (lets call them Michael and Alistair) decided to leave the business. You wouldn't change the picture would you?
In the same instance the quality of the product nor the process would likely change that much either would it? so the customer would still get a very similar quality product.
The company and the brand would always be bigger than a couple of individual employees no matter how talented they are.

Now, imagine that these 2 employees (Michael and Alistair) set up a company down the road and called it ABC's Doors and made really cheap poor quality versions of their old company's products and tried selling to their old customers, still posing as the old company...! How would that make you feel?

Then, just for good measures. People started saying you need to erase any material from your advertising that involved products previously designed and sold by Michael and Alistair...how would that make you feel?

Anyway - its just my opinion but I don't think this is as clear as "tit for tat"

cheers and have a nice Christmas everyone!

Paul
Old 17th December 2011, 10:09 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
we want everyone to know that he has absolutely nothing to do with UB40 any more.
No sh*t.......get out of here .......when did that happen ???

Get me a chair.......I need to sit down. I don't think I can handle this
Old 17th December 2011, 10:57 PM
UBloonie

Location: East London and PROUD..(now SLUMMUMING IT in Essex)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickpaul.96 View Post
Jimmy, I appreciate that you want everyone to know that he’s got nothing to do with UB40 anymore but for the below reasons I’m not sure you could ever put a stop to the press/promoters etc… using footage and pics of UB40 from years past…no matter how hard you try.

In an ideal world of course we'd like up-to-date pics of the band however, that picture is in fact a picture of UB40 and it is UB40 who are playing. 90% of UB40 material, vids, pics, interviews etc..will of course include Micky & Aldi. Its UB40's history and you have every right to tap in to it.

This is how I see it anyway - UB40 is a company like any other.
Say you own a company called ABC Doors that makes and sells wooden doors and has done successfully for the last 30 years, to a regular customer base. Imagine you had a picture of all your 10 employees on your website and marketing material but then 2 of them, a designer and a sales guy (lets call them Michael and Alistair) decided to leave the business. You wouldn't change the picture would you?
In the same instance the quality of the product nor the process would likely change that much either would it? so the customer would still get a very similar quality product.
The company and the brand would always be bigger than a couple of individual employees no matter how talented they are.

Now, imagine that these 2 employees (Michael and Alistair) set up a company down the road and called it ABC's Doors and made really cheap poor quality versions of their old company's products and tried selling to their old customers, still posing as the old company...! How would that make you feel?

Then, just for good measures. People started saying you need to erase any material from your advertising that involved products previously designed and sold by Michael and Alistair...how would that make you feel?

Anyway - its just my opinion but I don't think this is as clear as "tit for tat"

cheers and have a nice Christmas everyone!

Paul
we all get on our soap box whe aldi promotes himself as UB40
i think the same should be done when UB40 are promoted with Aldi in the pictures...i personally dont want to see it
i want Duncan and Tony in the pic's

as a member of the BB i know that Aldi has gone
there are still people (fans) that dont know, and having pics of Aldi and Mickey on the advertising aint going to help

people need to know who they are going to see and a pic of UB40 with Ali aint going to do anyone any favours