Old 10th August 2011, 11:07 PM
UBloonie

Default Riots ....

Haven't been here for a while, but have been reading threads tonight. I have no answers for solutions of the rioting -but, if Mr Duggan had not been wandering around with a gun, perhaps none of this would have happened? No decent law abiding citizen in the UK wanders about with a gun.
Old 10th August 2011, 11:20 PM
UBloonie

the riots are nothing to do with that incident,just a bunch of morons, those guys on the streets providing there own street patrols much respect to you..hope you nail the idiots
Old 10th August 2011, 11:27 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by old loonie View Post
the riots are nothing to do with that incident,just a bunch of morons, those guys on the streets providing there own street patrols much respect to you..hope you nail the idiots
Not saying the morons were rioting about the incident, but the incident was the catalyst - OK they would have used any excuse eventually to riot. What I'm saying is let's not make too much of a "victim" of him - he was out and about with a gun. Had he not been, his family would not have needed to go to the police station for answers. Whatever anyone thinks of the police, they don't just go out shooting anybody for no reason. They might be pretty crap at their job these days, but we'd be up the creek without a paddle without them
Old 10th August 2011, 11:38 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by evt17 View Post
Not saying the morons were rioting about the incident, but the incident was the catalyst - OK they would have used any excuse eventually to riot. What I'm saying is let's not make too much of a "victim" of him - he was out and about with a gun. Had he not been, his family would not have needed to go to the police station for answers. Whatever anyone thinks of the police, they don't just go out shooting anybody for no reason. They might be pretty crap atholda their job these days, but we'd be up the creek without a paddle without them
n
Yeh you are right mate,Stop guns,its a crazy situation,hold a weapon and face the full force
Old 10th August 2011, 11:48 PM
UB40 Band Member

tensions between the police and some sections of the population have got a long history that go's all the way back to riots in the early sixties.
racism in the police has been documented since then too. Any efforts to redress the balance with employment of officers from different ethnic origins was resisted strongly by the police. Non-white officers have been hounded out of the force. Even at the highest levels, the cabal of corrupt chiefs closed ranks against some of the most capable new recruits.

a few years back it was discovered that a disproportionate amount of young black men were dying in police custody from being 'restrained'. This prompted one high ranking officer to suggest that, because of biological differences, black men were more prone to death from asphyxiation when you stand on their throat.

he was quickly told to shut his mouth, but it's an indication of a prevailing attitude that permeates the whole force.

it may be that it turns out mr duggan wasn't innocent.

but that doesn't change the fact that there are so many who were.
Old 11th August 2011, 10:26 AM
UBloonie

Yes you are right jim,but the riots back in the 80s were racially triggered I believe, but the disgusting nature of the looting and total disregard of peoples property and livelyhood makes this moronic criminality a lot different. I am a londoner and listening to how the youth of today talk, is amazing, they cant even hold a conversation without 'innit, dat,dis' what the hell is that all about. In my opinion it is a total 2 fingers at our govt. Who is going to employ someone who cant string a sentence together, I have been in a job since was 16, never been out of work, I worked hard to get my car,holiday etc not stand on street corners with a hoodie trying to intimidate law abiding citizens. About time we stood up against these idiots, did not see any looting or rioting in enfield and eltham last night, wonder why?
Old 11th August 2011, 08:56 PM
Über UBLoonie

jimmy why has every riot has to be be racially motivated? you really cant point this as a racial act? its the scum no matter what race who have done this ... its not the polices fault this time...look at the people who came together to tidy up london mixed race and a say british proud mixed race... and you cant relate this to 60s 70s immigration get a grip please
chris...
Old 12th August 2011, 10:16 AM
UBloonie

Yeh chris, this is not racial but the young lawlessness society who really have no regard for their own city/country. They had no problem confronting our soft police force who may as well have stayed at home. They have m power and zero respect from the youth of today. Strong policing is a must, rubber bullits would do it. When the millwall,eltham and enfield mobs went out on the streets where were the little wannabe bad boys then? Tucked up in bed I suspect
Old 13th August 2011, 03:19 AM
UBloonie

Personally I am sick of hearing the racial card being played.We can't compare what happened in the 80"s to what is happening now because it's a different generation.Granted rearing has a lot to do with it....when you hear about children as young as 11 taking part in these riots you have to ask where the parental supervision is.We can't keep blaming religion, education,the police,or the government.At the end of the days all those involved are nothing but mindless, ignorant idiots with no social conscience or values.:There was people involved that came from all social backgrounds & everyone is equally to blame.At the end of the day no matter age,colour, religion,educate,sex,social background,career choice,poverty or financial security we all the difference between right & wrong & they were wrong.So very, very WRONG.
Old 13th August 2011, 11:27 PM
UBloonie

i have said this to you before jim(yesterday)why do you always bring the racist thing in