Old 3rd May 2011, 03:04 AM
UBloonie

I think the problem with the green party is the name...it implies tree hugging & whale watching & certainly there is nothing wrong with those things.Their agenda is much deeper than that.It pisses me off so much that Elizabeth May was not allowed to join in any of the debates...we are all allowed a voice & supposedly freedom of speech & mind.All they think about in this country & daycare,illegal immigrants & hiking the taxes to pay for it all.I wish we could all live in a better world....voting is important but this election is all hype from the NDP party.I wish they would spend the money more wisely, it's so frustrating to see it wasted.....but on the bright side we are in a better position than America is (right now) because what the f**k will happen when Donald Trump runs for election????Now that will be an election worth watching!
Old 3rd May 2011, 04:41 AM
UBloonie

WOW....love all your thoughts Limey and god help America (I call it the USA because there are many "Americas" as you know, each with their own political climate and system) if they listen to CNN. Donald would be a shoe-in but they're much wiser than we give them credit for sometimes.

But again WOW....the polls are in over here and I don't think it could have turned out better. Majority Conservative government that allows our nation to move forward and get things done coupled with a significant "left wing" opposition and a strong one at that. The "other" similar right wing party defeated royally and rightly so, the rest really don't matter. Glad I couldn't vote BLOC because their own people defeated the communist wanna be's. G'bye BLOC. RIP.

Very happy for my country, my kiddies stand a much better chance of succeeding with the outcome tonight although my one little girl, soon of voting age, indicated she will vote GREEN when she can....tree hugger...but I love her anyway....radical.

Great night....g/nite.
Old 3rd May 2011, 01:52 PM
UBloonie

WELL that certainly back fired in the face of the Liberals...serves them right....now they have no majority at all in Parliament.And I don't suppose for one minute that the NDP will still want to form a coalition....they only want that when they are losing.Even the green managed to get a seat but what did any of it proove? NOTHING! Conservatives still in power & all that money wasted...changed nothing.What I would like to know is does this mean Stephen Harper now begins a new 4yr term, or will there be another election in 2012 when his orginal 4yrs would have come to an end? Somehow I think there will be another election in 2012 as Jack Layton will never be happy.Time will tell I suppose
Old 3rd May 2011, 06:13 PM
UBloonie

Must admit not happy with a majority Harper government. But, big shift in the parties last night, alot of bigwigs losing their seats, in Parliament and in their own ridings...Bloc killed by the NDP in Quebec...very interesting night, that's for sure!
Old 3rd May 2011, 06:39 PM
UB40 Band Member

three canadians in one thread. !!

surely that's some kind of public order offense ????
Old 3rd May 2011, 06:48 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
three canadians in one thread. !!

surely that's some kind of public order offense ????

Yeah, that is scary. Do you think they are planning to bother a moose? Or maybe they are going to start a sudden hockey game?

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 3rd May 2011, 08:06 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GefferyMorgan View Post
Yeah, that is scary. Do you think they are planning to bother a moose? Or maybe they are going to start a sudden hockey game?
- Oh well glad things went ur way Kmaker!!!
Old 3rd May 2011, 08:20 PM
UBloonie

...Thanks Neph. I actually think the election went "our" way for a change. I'm sure not all agree but at least we know we won't be spending another 300 million on an election in 2 years.
Be well!!!
P