Old 2nd May 2011, 06:09 AM
UBloonie

Default Election Day again

$300,000,000.

Yep, 300 Million Canadian Dollars (today, that's about 3.15 million US bucks btw) passed along to tax payers so that the minority PC government here can try to defend their position....much the same as 2 years ago as I recall.

This election is as a result of the opposition parties banding together to call the election....because they can.

Current Status: One left wing party has one seat, the leader of the "official" opposition party doesn't really live here but has great eyebrows and has no idea what a seat is or how many he has, the green party....well, who frickin cares, and the other party wants to separate the country and form his own nation but he doesn't quite have the support of his own people in his own state/province/nation.....Personally, I want to vote for him ('cause I've frickin' had enough) but I can't. He and his party aren't on my ballod as an option....only those that reside in "his" nation (province) can vote for him.

WTF???

Ideally, there is a majority government voted in this time so the other parties can be put out to pasture. If not, we do it all again in 2 years time and spend another 300+ Million $$$$$

JEEEZZZZZAAAAASSSSS!!!!

Wish us luck.

Last edited by kmaker; 2nd May 2011 at 06:22 AM.
Old 2nd May 2011, 11:28 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Luck

love jx
Old 2nd May 2011, 01:18 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Wish us luck.
sounds like you need loads of it . . . .
Old 2nd May 2011, 03:34 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaker View Post
$300,000,000.

Yep, 300 Million Canadian Dollars (today, that's about 3.15 million US bucks btw) passed along to tax payers so that the minority PC government here can try to defend their position....much the same as 2 years ago as I recall.

This election is as a result of the opposition parties banding together to call the election....because they can.

Current Status: One left wing party has one seat, the leader of the "official" opposition party doesn't really live here but has great eyebrows and has no idea what a seat is or how many he has, the green party....well, who frickin cares, and the other party wants to separate the country and form his own nation but he doesn't quite have the support of his own people in his own state/province/nation.....Personally, I want to vote for him ('cause I've frickin' had enough) but I can't. He and his party aren't on my ballod as an option....only those that reside in "his" nation (province) can vote for him.

WTF???

Ideally, there is a majority government voted in this time so the other parties can be put out to pasture. If not, we do it all again in 2 years time and spend another 300+ Million $$$$$

JEEEZZZZZAAAAASSSSS!!!!

Wish us luck.

What he said.
Old 2nd May 2011, 05:00 PM
UBloonie

Don't be put off to much by the green party.Unfortunatly for them people think they are all tree huggers but read their agenda...they are the only ones making any sense.We are supposed to live in a free society but they weren't even allowed to join in any of the debates.Don't even know if I'll bother to vote they are all a bloody waste of space.....yet, again, another waste of tax payers money for an election we don't need or want....especially when all that money could have been pumped into the education system,health care or the homeless & unemployed.Seems Harper will waste a lot more when we get the "official" state visit of William & Kate.God!help us all
Old 2nd May 2011, 09:48 PM
UB40 Band Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey View Post
Don't be put off to much by the green party.Unfortunatly for them people think they are all tree huggers but read their agenda...they are the only ones making any sense.We are supposed to live in a free society but they weren't even allowed to join in any of the debates.Don't even know if I'll bother to vote they are all a bloody waste of space.....yet, again, another waste of tax payers money for an election we don't need or want....especially when all that money could have been pumped into the education system,health care or the homeless & unemployed.Seems Harper will waste a lot more when we get the "official" state visit of William & Kate.God!help us all

a good post is always worth repeating.

maybe canada should try AV.
Old 2nd May 2011, 10:18 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
a good post is always worth repeating.

maybe canada should try AV.
If voting ACTUALLY changed anything it would be illegal.............
Old 2nd May 2011, 10:31 PM
UB40 Band Member

true saad.
Old 2nd May 2011, 10:33 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad View Post
If voting ACTUALLY changed anything it would be illegal.............
Then I might start voting again

love jx
Old 3rd May 2011, 02:28 AM
UBloonie

Can't give up hope guys....at least for about 4 more hours....we do need to vote.

Limey, maybe you're right about the Green Party, seems I'm led to believe that their agenda is fairly narrow....let you know in the morning if I vote for them next time.

But just can't understand why I couldn't find the box to check for the BLOC on the ballad tonight when I've paid for them to exist..AND...I agree, with your comment on the National Debate issue where they (the Greens) weren't allowed to participate but one a'hole representing one Province with only an agenda to divide the nation was.....

I just want to vote for them so it's a better place for my kids...that's all I ask.