Old 4th November 2009, 09:55 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Helena
Default We raised the roof

What a fab night.

Was having my dinner beforehand watching the news and was shocked to see a load of familiar faces on there. Loads of loonies standing outside venue, then interviews with bruno, elise and michele, also a very enthusiastic performance by marg running after astro.

Still jetlagged from holiday but managed to hold up just. First stop was wagon and horses where it was nice to catch up with a fair few loonies (though most were already at venue by that time). Still SteveO, Tik, Jamie, Matt, Mia, Nige and Sting where there. Was also nice to meet for the first time 1in8, Ani, JohnnyP, Mr Sid. Have i forgotten anyone? Probably.

Headed off to the venue just in time for gig. It's a nice place and the crowd was already in high spirits. Toilets were a bit iffy but apart from that it's great. Eventually we heard the intro music and on they came. All i can say is wow. They improve every time i see them. Duncans voice was perfect. A couple of technical hitches from drummer ( start of RRW) but i'm told that was a programming issue and not his fault. Crowd were great and were all dancing and singing along all the way through. It was over all too quickly although was on my last legs by the end so couldn't have lasted much longer. Saw lots of loonies after - Annie, neps, sarah, tanya, (some of them had been there queing since 3:30pm bless em), puma, elise, bruno, michele, marg, jane, jen (how you feelin now jen lol?). Most went back to pub after gig although i couldn't face the prospect with work next day so stayed behind for a sitdown and couple of drinks before heading home for some much needed sleep. At work now boo.

Got a few pics but they didn't come out very well because of lighting. Will pop em up later though.
Old 4th November 2009, 10:02 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Sleep, what's that Helena?

It was lovely to catch up with so many loonies last night and help raise the roof - but I think I'm glad I missed watching myself on tv! Still it was all in a good, cause even if those of us outside the venue in the afternoon are now infamous in Brum

Well worth the trip up, and the resultant insomnia
Old 4th November 2009, 10:11 AM
Super Über UBloonie

thanks for the review Hels Glad you loved it.

Now stay awake
Old 4th November 2009, 10:11 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Thanks for the call

Heard the show online, it was great, loving Duncan, great seeing his confidence grow and grow this last year, it was fab hearing a live gig so perfectly, what a treat And all you's loonies sounded great ! I was beaming with pride from hearing UBies but also from knowing that the crowd noise was being made by mostly people I know

Old 4th November 2009, 10:19 AM
Super Über UBloonie

no prob michelle. glad you all got to hear the gig too. not read all of the bb yet i hope skirge or someone has managed to arrange a download. need something new to listen to - i've done rehearsal and paradiso to death.
Old 4th November 2009, 10:46 AM
UBloonie

Hi Hels.
Was good to meet you too last night
As has been said what an absolutelyfrikinfantasticnight even if Jb did mess up lmao
Got loads of photo's... but most wont have come out due to waving arms and movemet... so videod some of it too
Dunc sounded great and Astro just keeps on rockin!
larfed a bit when the "Babylon" turned up and was singing at the side of the stage.
Lots of noise from the crowd... more so than the NEC
Need a download of the whole show though Skirgy.

A BIG thanks to the guys for yet again making it a bloody good night

Ani
Old 4th November 2009, 11:58 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Sorry it was brief Ani. Thought i may bump into you in the venue but didn't see any sign of you.
Old 4th November 2009, 01:51 PM
Über UBLoonie

Agree Hels...was fab...ain't seen u for a while, but was nice to see u...and Luci...only went & deleted the vid I took of the last song too...gutted...just thought it was a dodgy lighting pic (as you say), and deleted it...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Any ways, I got a few pics too...will do 'em a bit later too!

xx

"Get one of your own
So you can whisper too"
Old 4th November 2009, 02:13 PM
UBloonie

The part i heard was great, few hickups in the streaming line sometimes, but Dunc sounded clear and of course UB's were great as always. Had to stop listening after Kingston Town... twas bedtime for my by ten. Had it started earlier, no doubt i would have listenen to the whole thing

You've cat to be kitten me right?
Old 4th November 2009, 02:48 PM
Extra Super Über UBLoonie

Great you were able to make it there Helena.....what a fabulous night you all had