Old 21st January 2008, 05:16 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula
well tikitup,
as i said its my thoughts,as for ali letting the band down,the rest of
the band were having a great time on stage and ali was not,he didnt interact with the crowd and even the rest of the band,and
as for the rest of the band,ali surged ahead head with the solo tour,with not a thought for the ub40 tour,theres alot more to ali
than meets the eye,but as i said my opinion we all have 1
big love
paula

Just a question on this post...I'm not looking for an argument...but I do believe some of you are actually dissin Ali...despite you saying you aren't...

Paula...you say 'ali surged ahead head with the solo tour,with not a thought for the ub40 tour'...do you actually know that for sure? How would you know???? Do you REALLY think he hasn't discussed when to go off on his own for a bit...without talking to ANYONE? Hmmm...very, very unlikely! I don't think you are in a position to say anything like that at all...(unless you have regular chats with the rest of the band)????

Everyone's getting a bit hotheaded about this...and for what? When the band takes a breather...and let's face it...with all the touring they've done over the recent years...they deserve it...they are entitled to do what they want...so Ali wants to promote his album/tour on his own...so what?????

Like some keep saying...if you want to go...go...if you don't...don't...simple as...but give the guy a break!

(Right...that's my piece said...probably get hung, drawn & quartered now)

"Get one of your own
So you can whisper too"
Old 21st January 2008, 05:53 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by After Tonight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula
well tikitup,
as i said its my thoughts,as for ali letting the band down,the rest of
the band were having a great time on stage and ali was not,he didnt interact with the crowd and even the rest of the band,and
as for the rest of the band,ali surged ahead head with the solo tour,with not a thought for the ub40 tour,theres alot more to ali
than meets the eye,but as i said my opinion we all have 1
big love
paula

Just a question on this post...I'm not looking for an argument...but I do believe some of you are actually dissin Ali...despite you saying you aren't...

Paula...you say 'ali surged ahead head with the solo tour,with not a thought for the ub40 tour'...do you actually know that for sure? How would you know???? Do you REALLY think he hasn't discussed when to go off on his own for a bit...without talking to ANYONE? Hmmm...very, very unlikely! I don't think you are in a position to say anything like that at all...(unless you have regular chats with the rest of the band)????

Everyone's getting a bit hotheaded about this...and for what? When the band takes a breather...and let's face it...with all the touring they've done over the recent years...they deserve it...they are entitled to do what they want...so Ali wants to promote his album/tour on his own...so what?????

Like some keep saying...if you want to go...go...if you don't...don't...simple as...but give the guy a break!

(Right...that's my piece said...probably get hung, drawn & quartered now)

Here here..Like I said the poor bloke can't do anything right ....when he's with UB he gets slated for 'walking off', and now he's being slated for 'doing his own thing in his own time'. It's only 4 poxsie weeks........UB's won't be touring here till the end of the year anyway...unless they do forest gigs again???.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Come by.........
Old 21st January 2008, 06:57 PM
Extra Super Über UBLoonie

Send a message via MSN to Waltjo

Paula I thought Ali had very good interaction with the crowd in Cardiff and with Maxi and his tribe when they sang 'I shot the Sheriff' he really seemed to be having a good time and now that we know he was going off early for a very good reason I for one didn't mind

~THE GEMINI DEFECTIVES - DON'T COME TO US FOR ADVICE!!!!~
Old 21st January 2008, 07:46 PM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to marc#1

some1 told me ali's doing the albert hall this year...is he?

the sins of the fathers, are visited by all.
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:03 AM
UB40 Fan

here we go again, all dis fussin n fightin not good for no1

I care for elderly people on weekends
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:06 AM
Über UBLoonie

cough
Old 22nd January 2008, 01:45 PM
Über UBLoonie

Send a message via Yahoo to Mick_f

At the end of the day i dont know what all the fuss is about Ali has the golden voice with or without Ub40 why shouldnt he do his own thing im sure the group support him in this so why shouldnt we had he said this is for good then i could understand it. sorry just had to have my say will get my coat now
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:10 AM
UBloonie

oh well im getting jumped on again,but as i said it my thoughts,
and i can say wot i like,as for alis tour,if i say im not going thats up 2 me,and if i dont like the fact that ali said he was only doing rah only and its a 1 off get your tickets quickly as it will never happen again,and then does a whole tour when 24/7 is just out,2 me he is not going 2 be about to promote 24/7,im not saying he cant do his solo tour as some peeps have said who am to say anything,well freedom of speech is a great thing,most of the band have done
solo stuff and they dont do wot alis doing,so lets set things straight
im not washing my hair the whole of june,i dont think i no everything because i may get back stage and talk 2 the band
as some may think,i would love to no when i did because i cant remember,all i was doing was speeking my mind and if people dont like that life,so keep jumping as it doesnt make any differance to wot i said,so have a go all u like.
big love
paula
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:15 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Location: Birmingham,Home of UB40&Aston Villa FC.Cadburys Ozzy Osbourne,Rover cars and HP Sauce Deceased.

Anybody for a cup of Tea and a Crunchie ?
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:23 AM
UBloonie

me i would love 1