Old 9th September 2013, 04:39 PM
UB40 Band Member

Default a message from JB.

hello all.

I have to admit I wasn't looking forward to coming here after last weeks announcement. I expected a lot of people to be mightily pi**ed off about the gig cancelations. And rightly so, particularly after the gigs had already been postponed from earlier in the year [when legal wrangles over the use of Robert palmers voice forced us to delay the release of 'getting over the storm'].
I feel for those particularly who are out of pocket because of this. There isn't much spare cash around these days so I feel really bad about adding to that. If it's any consolation, the band stand to lose a lot too. Not least of which is the band being unable to promote the new album live.

In the end though, the one I feel most sorry for is myself.

A drummer with a repetitive strain injury is about as useful as a chocolate teapot ! There are a couple of dozen people who are relying on me to make a living and it's my fault that they might not be able to pay their bills. So the weight of responsibility is heavy on my shoulders at the moment.

I feel like the inflatable boy who was found smuggling a pen-knife into his inflatable school, and told by his inflatable headmaster that 'he hasn't just let himself down, he's let everyone else down as well !!'

Not sure what the future hold atm. It might just go away, or it might involve surgery. There's no way of knowing right now. It's just a waiting game.

Still, there are a couple of minor plus-points.

The painkillers are good

And I've managed to convince the wife that I'm unable to pee without assistance that's put a regular smile on my face. although mrs JB doesn't look quite so pleased about it.

thanks for the get well soon messages. i've got the fingers of one hand crossed that this will go away sooner rather than later.
Old 9th September 2013, 04:51 PM
Super Über UBloonie

And I've managed to convince the wife that I'm unable to pee without assistance that's put a regular smile on my face. although mrs JB doesn't look quite so pleased about it.

remember...more than 3 shakes is a w@nk!...

all the best Jimmy

oLdbOi
Old 9th September 2013, 04:55 PM
Über UBLoonie

the main thing is you get yourself better or at least more comfortable, constant pain or irritation isn't nice to live with or see someone suffer, lara suffers from fibromyalgia and one of the many symptoms is constant pain and stiffness, these things happen they can't be helped
Old 9th September 2013, 05:43 PM
UBloonie

he bro,

wish you all the best, and it's more important to recover well THEN fast, hope you understand what i mean

Respect

ubnormie
Old 9th September 2013, 05:53 PM
UBloonie

you might have to borrow the 1 armed drummer from def leapard, drum kit.

i suppose i could have made a wanking joke, but i felt it might leave a bad taste in peoples mouths....
Old 9th September 2013, 05:53 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Ey up Jim's back....................WB.

I've gota ask, Which wrist did you knacker.

BBL.
Old 9th September 2013, 06:42 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
A drummer with a repetitive strain injury is about as useful as a chocolate teapot ! There are a couple of dozen people who are relying on me to make a living and it's my fault that they might not be able to pay their bills. So the weight of responsibility is heavy on my shoulders at the moment.
Awwww.....Jimbob ........don't beat yourself up so much about it mate .......You must allow this wrinkly, incontinent, brittle boned, senile, old as dirt, one foot in the grave old lady do that little deed for ya my lovely !!

Joking!!! Joking!!!

Seriously Jim.....that's the way life goes sometimes and it doesn't matter how much you beat yourself up, it ain't going to change a thing. I know many of us will be disappointed at the situation but as far as I'm concerned, there are two choices here....either we get over it, move on and hope to see you guys back up there soon or we simply stay bitter about it all. I know which my choice is and it isn't the latter. One day at a time me thinks......hope you get yourself sorted soon. You take care
Old 9th September 2013, 07:31 PM
UB40 Band Member

It's heartwarming to know that none of you are too upset to take the p*ss !

and bruno.

I told mrs JB it was more than 39 shakes is a

[so if you could keep that one quiet for now please]
Old 9th September 2013, 08:08 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
It's heartwarming to know that none of you are too upset to take the p*ss !
Would we really take the out of your limp wrist Jim ?????

As if.....
Old 9th September 2013, 08:18 PM
Über UBLoonie

I get it ...the thought of losing money on anything these days makes me want to howl...and I can't think of the devastation that everyone in the band feels as it is a mighty fine album .......but in a place I know , they whoop with joy when someone gets an ailment or loses money ....they say you are lucky as you have been spared a worse fate ..... both your hands could have been bitten off by a crocodile for e.g, so ... it could be worse

You got one life .......and I am mightily sure we would all rather have you all with strain injuries .......and whatever else.... than not have you....at least you are here ...and we love you ....

Nuff said ..... Nuffink wrong with your brain....

Dunno how you are going to live this one down ....after the ribbing you gave poor Duncan ... ...(( oh the wit))

I quite like the the thought of a chocolate teapot I think could find a lot of good uses for it ......

My advice ...take the painkillers as it prevents your hands deforming according to what is painful ...just saying (Kiss added to annoy all those who think I am ass lickingly sanctimonious XXXXXX