Old 10th December 2009, 06:58 PM
UBloonie

Default M.e.n

I have seen UBs numerous times in Manchester and i cant ever remember it being full, was it the same this time?
Old 10th December 2009, 06:59 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

I read here somewhere that there were a few rows of empties.
Old 10th December 2009, 07:06 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

But with that said, I don't think anyone is really selling out arena/stadium tours right now with Christmas and a bad economy.
Old 10th December 2009, 07:12 PM
UBloonie

Just that Manchester dont really seem to feel the reggae, Brum and London its a wicked vibe, Toon has been good and Liverpool was also pretty good, just think the M.E.N has not got the atmosphere, maybe its me, i have not realy felt the vibe in that arena.
Cardiff was very good
Old 10th December 2009, 07:18 PM
UB40 Band Member

In todays financial climate the tour has been a real success story. Even though we did 3 shows on consecutive nights within an hour of each other [something we normally don't do] the attendances were surprisingly healthy. 2 years ago, when Tlvo was still with us, I don't think we played Sheffield, and I know we didn't play Liverpool. And even then the MEN wasn't sold out. So as far as attendances are concerned, there isn't THAT much change. Maybe a reduction of about 10% on last time. And that can be explained by the general economic climate. There hasn't been an obvious TLVO effect. With shows as varied as The Smiths, Madness, Tom Jones and Disney on ice all struggling to survive then I think we are doing pretty good. And with the record selling respectable numbers we are finishing the year on a high.
Old 10th December 2009, 07:30 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Nes B40

Well I for one thought Manchester was buzzing, did hear some fans behind asking where Ali was and heard some at viky tran st saying they was expecting him but the atmosphere was electric.

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn213/nesbit_bucket/
Old 10th December 2009, 07:35 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
In todays financial climate the tour has been a real success story. Even though we did 3 shows on consecutive nights within an hour of each other [something we normally don't do] the attendances were surprisingly healthy. 2 years ago, when Tlvo was still with us, I don't think we played Sheffield, and I know we didn't play Liverpool. And even then the MEN wasn't sold out. So as far as attendances are concerned, there isn't THAT much change. Maybe a reduction of about 10% on last time. And that can be explained by the general economic climate. There hasn't been an obvious TLVO effect. With shows as varied as The Smiths, Madness, Tom Jones and Disney on ice all struggling to survive then I think we are doing pretty good. And with the record selling respectable numbers we are finishing the year on a high.
Jim i was not reffering to the ex singerss departure, just wanted to know how the M.E.N was in terms of bums on seats, cos that venue and i really dont know why has never excited me. The buzz of Brum and london is amazing, even Cardiff on WYFF tour was great. Just seems that North of Brum they seem to prfer there Oasis kind of stuff, my opinion btw. I have lived up North and the UB thing is not top of there listening, the radio stations dont play UB40, emailed them plenty of times.
But if you guys are still playing to massive audiences and enjoying your new success and Virgin are happy then we are over the moon.
As i said roll on Lol5 ,but cant wait for lol4
Old 10th December 2009, 07:37 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nes B40 View Post
Well I for one thought Manchester was buzzing, did hear some fans behind asking where Ali was and heard some at viky tran st saying they was expecting him but the atmosphere was electric.
Are people still going on about him?
Have they been living on Ben Nevis without Media/TV/Radio/Phones or something, ya mean he has not gone to the Ben Nevis papers yet lol
Old 10th December 2009, 07:49 PM
UB40 Band Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old loonie View Post
Jim i was not reffering to the ex singerss departure, just wanted to know how the M.E.N was in terms of bums on seats, cos that venue and i really dont know why has never excited me. The buzz of Brum and london is amazing, even Cardiff on WYFF tour was great. Just seems that North of Brum they seem to prfer there Oasis kind of stuff, my opinion btw. I have lived up North and the UB thing is not top of there listening, the radio stations dont play UB40, emailed them plenty of times.
But if you guys are still playing to massive audiences and enjoying your new success and Virgin are happy then we are over the moon.
As i said roll on Lol5 ,but cant wait for lol4

Greetings OL...I can honestly say that Manchester is always a BIG BUZZ to play , the audience is definitely one of the UK's most enthusiastic....I'd have to say Manchester is the UK's music city...As JB says everyone is down this year, 75%-90% sales...many factors...I s'pose with TLVO leaving hasn't helped BUT its certainly not that bad..we haven't cancelled a single show , we are keeping up with all the other acts, doing better than some names (i wont name them BUT they are BIG acts)...All this talk of Manchester being empty simply is'nt true 1 block at the back was closed off everywhere else was quite healthy, im told we had 8 thousand + in....anyway....thanks for the post and for the support...cheers
Old 10th December 2009, 07:58 PM
UBloonie

Manchester is one I can't miss, always have a fantastic time there. I hate the drive to get there but it's so worth it

Tags
manchester