Old 23rd September 2014, 01:44 AM
UB40 Band Member

Default another whopper.

Whenever I see our ex singer lying in the press I always like to put the record straight here for anyone who is interested.

In a recent interview he was asked 'what is the biggest current drain on your finances?'

Aldi replied 'Legal costs. I'm involved in court cases with my brothers Duncan and Robin, and it's bleeding me dry'.

This is a COMPLETE LIE.!!

He is being taken to court by his old band for miss use of the name of the band he left 7 years ago. He is NOT BEING TAKEN TO COURT BY HIS BROTHERS.

DUNCAN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THE LITIGATION AGAINST OUR EX SINGER. He has never been involved in any litigation against his brother, and has no intention of EVER being involved in any court case involving either UB40 or his younger brother.

He is a liar. He is just plugging his tabloid narrative of sibling rivalry, painting himself as a victim.

Our ex singer left the band 7 years ago because he thought he could make more money as a solo artist.

It hasn't worked out for him and he is now so desperate he has been passing himself off as UB40, and lying in the press to try and get some sympathy.
Old 23rd September 2014, 03:36 AM
UB40 Fan

Send a message via MSN to Marty

Verry funny i read the article yesterday .... And he was ask if he was a big spender!!!! Not really he said! Lolll don't worry jim we have a good bullshit detector!

Cheers
Old 23rd September 2014, 01:58 PM
UBloonie

all he keeps doing is dragging Dunc in when all Dunc did was plug the hole he left and because Dunc has had rave reviews as the band have had ,it is eating away at him.
Old 23rd September 2014, 09:33 PM
UBloonie

Just read the article. What an absolute twat
Old 23rd September 2014, 09:40 PM
UBloonie

Ali not chemical Ali or comical Ali but just as funny

http://members2.boardhost.com/ubjams/
Old 23rd September 2014, 09:43 PM
UB40 Fan

Whatever he was trying to achieve with that interview, it backfired. From the comments:

"Wow, he can lay legitimate claim to another #1 now;
Maybe he should call his next album "Lazy, hypocritical, tax avoiding half-wit"?"

and...

"I got a 1m tax-free advance from Virgin, but rather than promote the album I just took the money and ran"
You sound like a really nice and honourable person. I'm at a loss to understand why all the people around you are so horrible to you...
Old 23rd September 2014, 11:50 PM
UB40 Fan

This statements speaks volumes , what a wanker !

"After the Promises and Lies album I held out for a solo deal, so for that album, Big Love in 1994, I’d been out of the country for two years to be tax exempt, and I got a 1m tax-free advance from Virgin, but rather than promote the album I just took the money and ran. So they then cross-collateralised it, trying to make that money back from other UB40 albums, which caused a bit of friction."
Old 24th September 2014, 12:07 AM
UBloonie

oh dear another large and very long rusty nail into the coffin of the once great and legendary half wits now doomed sad career.
Old 24th September 2014, 12:13 AM
UBloonie

theres a thing, when JB or BT say anything regarding the ex singer then the odd couple of ex singers groupies jump in and try to defend his actions but when Robin says the same thing then nothing is said because they know that Robin would not hide anything away and is not only hurt by the ex singers actions as a bandmember but a Brother but he is saying exactly what BT and JB have been saying for nearly 7 years . Truth
Old 24th September 2014, 12:23 AM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to bazza

I once had the privilege to share emails with the wonderful Pam Starks and she said how when Ali released that album she co-wrote That Look In Your Eye so had a vested interest to have it do well, and they were told if they went out promoting it then it could have sold loads more and he just said he didn't give a toss as he already had a million quid from it.So even back in 94 he was only interested in looking after himself.