Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 31st August 2014, 10:43 PM
UBloonie

Thumbs up UB40: Wolverhampton- SELL OUT! Concert...

JUST TESTING- STANDBY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsqxcCME5pE
Old 31st August 2014, 10:59 PM
UBloonie

Thumbs up

okay...

lets try another one

YES i've cracked the code WHOOOOHOOO!!
Old 31st August 2014, 11:15 PM
UBloonie

Thumbs up

Don't know where to start or finish really so i wont finish lol ... except what a fantastic night here in Wolverhampton on Fri 29th August...

Whole venue fueled by sheer excitement! about UB40 performing "LIVE" at the sell out venue in- front of thousands of punters and fans!

There's been nothing but positive vibes before and after show... the fans here have really enjoyed UB40's distinctive presence from new and ole fans alike!

One thing is for sure - Wolverhampton loves UB40 - " we want more"...

Big love guys

Bob Jo Posse and Wolverhampton xx

standby for some more... i need a piss
Old 1st September 2014, 06:10 AM
UBloonie

So damn good! Thanks for posting this!
Peace,
Bagga......
Old 1st September 2014, 11:32 AM
UBloonie

the bottom one you posted is private. won't show

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 1st September 2014, 03:08 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggariddim View Post
So damn good! Thanks for posting this!
Peace,
Bagga......
Agreed Bagga,I expected no less,Bobby's videos are always top quality.Second one won't play for me either,think it's taunting me.

Thanks Bobby,great stuff.
Old 1st September 2014, 06:23 PM
UBloonie

Nice videos!!

It was quite an interesting crowd - I'd say 25% were there for the races and 75% for the band, but with it being a West Mids crowd I think the 25% we're UB fans anyway

I'm guessing that the vast majority had probably seen the band before at some stage in the last 30 odd years but few had seen them with Dunx.

When he walked on stage after the heavy brass lead opening to Present Arms there was almost a silence as everyone waited to hear his voice...

As soon as he sang "you got no job you got no pay"...
All I could hear was "Oh my god, he's fantastic", "wow - what a voice", "bloody hell, I didn't expect that"....
Basically people let out a big gasp/sigh of relief - and realised within seconds that he clearly has a brilliant UB sounding voice...

I was with a couple of mates who to be fair, only know the big numbers and even they said "wow - he sounds good"... I said "wait till his brother kicks in and you hear the harmonies".... they were blown away, not only with the vocals but with the overall sound.

The next morning, for a laugh, I sent them the latest Aldi gig on youtube to compare. The response was simple and i quote: "shower of sh*te, static, uninterested, boring"

On Friday, they were blown away with how much was going on, on stage. That Tony, Earl, Bri and Pikey we're all on keyboard. How powerful the brass was. How brill it was to see different people taking lead vocals (oh, and how smart JB looked in his vest )

They felt thoroughly entertained, even though they only vaguely knew 4/5 songs which for me says it all. They've been on the blower asking which is the best album to download and when's the next gig???

Anyway, another great show for all but who am i to comment - "let the fans decide" lol lol lol lol
Old 1st September 2014, 07:21 PM
UB40 Band Member

. . . .let the fans decide' [but I'll try and tell them what to think by slagging off UB40 before they get the chance to make their own minds up].

It was a great night P. Dunc was particularly energised for that show. I do believe he's actually having a great time on stage now. That rabbit in the headlights look has long gone.

There are no guarantees that a gig will go as planned. You can't take for granted that an audience will actually turn up. And if they do, you can't guarantee that they will like you. We don't take any of it for granted.

So when things seem to go so smoothly, and the audience reaction is so warm and celebratory, you can't help but feel this is something to celebrate for the band too.

The band are well aware that we have never sounded better. We've always had a lot of passion in our performance but now the technical aspects of that performance have reached a new level. The bands confidence on stage is at an all time high.

The vocals have never sounded richer, the brass is even more dynamic, and the interplay on stage has grown organically out of the songs performance. It all feels natural, unforced. Everyone on stage has 100% belief that we have something worth offering. And a pride in the history of the bands many historical achievements.

And the fact that we keep breaking attendance records 35 years after our first hit record is one of life's wonderful miracles. We may not deserve it, but when you get this kind of luck you have to go with it.
Old 1st September 2014, 07:27 PM
UBloonie

Thumbs up

LOL ..Thanks Bagga - Geffery Morgan -Hickpaul.96

sorry about the last one i think it should play now

Hey Rhonda thanks ... hows it going buddy - hope you well?... be nice to catch up with you bro and a few pints lol

To be honest i'm embarrassed with the vids... it was just a random thing as i didn't take my usual camera with me and used Jo's Galaxy s5 ... couldn't resist so just hoped for the best lol but admit it could have been worse lol

thanks again all

respect

Bobster

here's another one ONE IN TEN and FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Old 1st September 2014, 07:50 PM
UBloonie

Earl and Norman...