Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 19th June 2014, 07:02 AM
UB40 Fan

Default Ub40 on local news last night

Did anyone else see the south east today news last night at 6:30? It started with a clip of rrw with the presenters saying ub40 were on during the show. Come the end of the show I was expecting to see an interview by Brian or jimmy only to be let down by it being the other ub40. I know the wheels are in process of turning in respect of the use of the name etc but that section really is misleading and taking the p***. To use achieve footage of the band etc etc and for it to be made out that this site - the dark side - according to aldi is a country band is disgusting. And to top it off for me, I was disgusted with how happy aldi was confirming he had written a track for their new album about cyber bully boys who, to me, aimed it at the real ub40. Sorry for the rant, I wasn't going to post anything as this isn't anything new from him etc but I've slept on it and am still angry with his portrayal of the band!!
Old 19th June 2014, 07:19 AM
UBloonie

You have every right to be upset, but let's be patient. Ali Campbell has become a very bitter person who turned against his best friends and is doing everything within his power to destroy them. All he is doing is destroying his own reputation though, and every time he appears on TV or on the radio, or even on internet websites using the name UB40, he's just digging a deeper hole for himself. But rest assured, the day is soon coming when he will be exposed for all to see, and there will be no more confusion. The REAL UB40 that we know and love will win out! Just hold on tight and don't lose sight.

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 19th June 2014, 10:40 AM
UBloonie

What a crock of sh*t that interview was. Aldi needs help.
Old 19th June 2014, 01:30 PM
UBNewbie

what a load of ole bull I bet you all still listen to his early days..thats ub40...wake up you sheep ub40 died the day they split anything made now by both is 2nd rate..they said it would be if they split..donkeys years ago in interviews..jeeez
Old 19th June 2014, 05:36 PM
UBloonie

Lambzbred, you say that "ub40 died the day they split." Would you please tell that to the fans who turned out in droves on this last sell-out tour? They seem to disagree with you!

Just because a band has a lineup change doesn't mean that it "died". Actually, the current REAL UB40 are doing better, because they don't have that fat jerk with a cancerous attitude around anymore....or his backstabbing tambourine player.

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance, he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow, 'God and The Astronomers'
Old 19th June 2014, 06:58 PM
UB40 Fan

Fiona, help! We have an invader!

Sorry, couldn't resist.. but geez Lambzbred, did you just call me a sheep?
Old 19th June 2014, 07:09 PM
UBNewbie

the real ub40 is no longer together my friend.. when we love something or someone we tend to hang to it or them regardless..warts n all..even when its over..this explains the fans..to say either of them are doing better is a bit of an overstatement..fairplay if your a musician what else are you gonna do but carry on..this constant one upmanship only chips away that real ub40 legacy..theyre both good to go see..its down to personal preference now..as for cancerous and backstabbing..how do you know.. you weren't in the band.. you only know what your told by the remaining band and do you really think your getting a neutral story...I doubt it....
Old 19th June 2014, 07:17 PM
UBloonie

I know this stuff is true by what Ali is saying in the media, not totally by what Brian and Jimmy have said. It's kind of hard for this to remain a personal conflict between band members when one of the ex-members keeps spreading his idiotic comments all over the news. If someone can't see that Ali is a jerk and that Astro is a backstabber, then they must really be the sheep...with wool pulled over their eyes (no pun intended). As for the rest of what you said, fair play, but just because the band "we know and love" aren't together in its original form, that doesn't mean that it's any worse now. Music preference is always in the eyes (or ears) of the beholder. What's "not as good" to you may be "better" to another. You're entitled to your opinion but don't state it as fact....it's an OPINION. However, a sellout tour is FACT.

Last edited by GefferyMorgan; 19th June 2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old 19th June 2014, 08:02 PM
UB40 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambzbred View Post
the real ub40 is no longer together my friend.. when we love something or someone we tend to hang to it or them regardless..warts n all..even when its over..this explains the fans..
I think you do the fans a disservice if you think we're only here 'cause we're "hanging on" - perhaps you are, but don't speak for everyone else. We listen to and support what we like, if I didn't still like them I'd have moved on ages ago...

Quote:
as for cancerous and backstabbing..how do you know.. you weren't in the band.. you only know what your told by the remaining band and do you really think your getting a neutral story...I doubt it....
I can read what Ali says. When he says UB40 are now a country band for example, he's talking shite plain and simple. When he calls his band UB40 cause nobody buys Ali Campbell tickets then he's being fraudulent. I don't need the remaining band to tell me anything, I can see and read for myself. And when I've read 4 different stories about why he left, all from his own mouth, then I know he's lied at least 3 times.

You're free to your opinion of course, but its presumptious of you to dismiss others who may not share your opinion as being sheep....
Old 19th June 2014, 08:39 PM
UB40 Band Member

exactly JRS.

its very arrogant to suppose you know what complete strangers are thinking.

whilst it may be true that our ex singers music is mediocre.

ub40 are better than ever.

check out the revues for the first leg of our tour. particularly the recent revue for uttoxeter in blues and soul magazine. then find me a revue anywhere near as good for our ex singer.

and you won't find any interviews from the band lying and bad mouthing our ex singer. we don't do that.