Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 2nd March 2014, 03:23 AM
Super Über UBloonie

Default Aldi's Bottle Going

In the article below Aldi spouts his usual bollox but one bit leaps off the page for me.

THE POSTER FOR HIS IRISH VILLAGE SHOW MAY READ UB40 BUT ALI CAMPBELL IS QUICK TO CORRECT THAT IT IS ACTUALLY UB40 REUNITED

Obviously the statement from the boys has got his arse twitching.So it should.

UB40 v UB40 in Dubai: the brothers speak out over reggae grudge match | The National
Old 2nd March 2014, 09:21 AM
Über UBLoonie

The people who wrote the article aren't stupid either.

Quote:
While the deft name change might have been made to avoid legal action, Ali says it also serves a deeper purpose: they are the real deal.
However, let's assume for one second that Ali is correct (which he isn't) - let's assume there is such a thing as the 'true sound' of UB40. He doesn't have it. If there is such a thing, then you need the remaining 5 band members to recreate that sound. It's disrespectful and delusional to imply that since 1978, you only needed Ali and Astro for UB40 to do everything they have done (he doesn't even mention Mickey).

Deluded... and a proven liar.

The worst part, the very worst part is that it didn't have to be like this. We didn't need all this hostility over the last 6/7 years. He could have gotten on with his solo career, clearly advertising himself as the former lead singer. Hell, I would have been okay if he said he was the former golden voice. He didn't need to constantly attack his old bandmates, it's not going to sell him more tickets.
Old 2nd March 2014, 10:24 AM
Super Über UBloonie

He created a band in response to the other band’s latest album, the country and western-inspired Getting Over the Storm.

“That was absolutely terrible. It was a country album and it was not reggae at all.

“I decided to form this band to rescue the legacy of UB40 that I helped start, which is to perform and promote reggae. I got a deluge of people telling me how disappointed they were and I felt that I had to do something about it.”

Of course he did............... Reading that, it's like he left yesterday.

Another name change and nothing changes.

I'll applaude him, 10/10 at trying to keep face.

He's a idiot.
Old 2nd March 2014, 12:05 PM
UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to big Mick 68

One word sums him up...... Turd
Old 2nd March 2014, 01:11 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate13 View Post
He created a band in response to the other band’s latest album, the country and western-inspired Getting Over the Storm.

“That was absolutely terrible. It was a country album and it was not reggae at all.

“I decided to form this band to rescue the legacy of UB40 that I helped start, which is to perform and promote reggae. I got a deluge of people telling me how disappointed they were and I felt that I had to do something about it.”

Of course he did............... Reading that, it's like he left yesterday.

Another name change and nothing changes.

I'll applaude him, 10/10 at trying to keep face.

He's a idiot.
Let's get this right... so he didn't leave in 2008 to forge a (hopeless) solo career, he left to recreate (except he can't) the sound of the band he used to sing with??? Guy's lost it big time....
Old 2nd March 2014, 01:50 PM
Über UBLoonie

just an ever so minor point, ali claims he set up this new band to compensate what he believes was the mistake of the gots album.............the biggest flaw in that logic is that his only new recruit is on said album!
Old 2nd March 2014, 02:11 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Remember when he first started getting billed as UB40 about 4 years ago? His "team" said it was an error by the promoters.Lies then and lies now.Some things never change.
Old 2nd March 2014, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator
UBloonie

I just read a very hazy article where he actually takes credit for G.O.T.S lmfao

"The band’s latest album, Getting Over The Storm, which was released in September, is doing well in UK. What is the secret?
We are giving our loyal fans reggae the way they always wanted it. That’s the secret."

Niiiiiice

The rest of the article conveniently merges one UB40 history into the 'other', and makes it look like our guys have left.. Oh My Days.
Even I'm confused reading this!

Last edited by Luci Lockit; 2nd March 2014 at 04:45 PM.
Old 2nd March 2014, 02:55 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luci Lockit View Post
I just read a very hazy article where he actually takes credit for G.O.T.S lmfao

"The band’s latest album, Getting Over The Storm, which was released in September, is doing well in UK. What is the secret?
We are giving our loyal fans reggae the way they always wanted it. That’s the secret."

Niiiiiice

The rest of the article conveniently merges one UB40 history into the other, and makes it look like our guys have left.. Oh My Days.
Even I'm confused reading this!

Do you have a link to this article?
Old 2nd March 2014, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator
UBloonie

I refuse to add links to their press releases etc, but google it Anant. If you cant find it I will pm it you x