Old 8th May 2015, 08:48 PM
Über UBLoonie

Default Seriously .....??

Does anyone know anyone who voted Tory .... and can explain why .....

Do they really exist? Even if the SNP had not existed(56) the Tories would still have got in with a majority .....

I am more fascinated than sad

What is the age group? Surely not young ....or has "Made in Chelsea " and the hype about child/princess bearing assets had more influence than we think .......

Are they majority Male/Female ...in fact the question would now be ..... what is different about the areas Labour retained .....

I guess that will all be analysed to pieces soon........

Puzzled.......
Old 8th May 2015, 09:24 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Can't answer that. Apart from my misguided cousin I don't know anyone who voted tory (don't deserve a capital T). Our ward swung from LD to Labour, more due to financial dodgy dealings with the prospective LD candidate than anything else I think. But then Labour almost totally blitzed London so all I can say is 'it wasn't me, honest'
Old 8th May 2015, 09:40 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine007 View Post
Can't answer that. Apart from my misguided cousin I don't know anyone who voted tory (don't deserve a capital T). Our ward swung from LD to Labour, more due to financial dodgy dealings with the prospective LD candidate than anything else I think. But then Labour almost totally blitzed London so all I can say is 'it wasn't me, honest'
Fellow Comrade I never doubted you LOL x x at least you swung to labour ...I mean, I even understand why people would vote UKIP ....but tory ??? (see I am going to not use a capital either in solidarity )
Old 9th May 2015, 12:22 AM
Super Über UBloonie

I understand exactly why my cousin voted tory - he works in an investment bank in the city... it's the culture. That doesn't excuse him, however!
Old 9th May 2015, 12:51 AM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine007 View Post
I understand exactly why my cousin voted tory - he works in an investment bank in the city... it's the culture. That doesn't excuse him, however!
I know someone's parents who live in Scotland and vote tory .....but that's it :l
Old 9th May 2015, 10:41 AM
UBloonie

this old spitting image sketch might answer your question neph...

Old 10th May 2015, 12:54 AM
Über UBLoonie

Lol Mr gf , thank you ...my questions have been answered ...oh dear , the worry is, it is the same issues ....only the faces in number 10 have changed to even uglier inexperienced deceitful public school layabouts x x
Old 11th May 2015, 11:19 AM
Über UBLoonie

I believe many of those who actually do vote, vote for the candidate as apposed to the party they see the individual and not the bigger picture
Old 11th May 2015, 04:54 PM
Über UBLoonie

Not bothered so much by how people voted but the fact that the Tories got 36.9% of the votes cast but over 50% of the seats is just plain ridiculous.

We need a more representative form of voting so that votes carry some sort of value otherwise why bother when safe Tory and Labour seats never change hands so for up to 65% of the votes cast in some places make no difference.
Old 12th May 2015, 02:24 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Helena

You do have a point about the system Saad. It seems madness. I did feel bad for the LDs, they got 2.4M votes and got just 8 seats, yet the SNP got 1.4M votes and got 56 seats. Then there was the Democratic Unionist Party (who?), who got less than 0.2M votes and they also got 8 seats. Whats that all about? Maybe they need to re-map all of the constituencies or something so that they're more even, though I can see that being hard in Scotland and other areas where such few people occupy such a huge area. Having said all that it was actually quite funny that UKIP got 3.8M votes yet only 1 seat - no sympathy for them at all.