Old 15th November 2014, 03:12 AM
UB40 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie Rock Star View Post
The Rock, where in SA are you?
Montagu 2 Hours Drive From Cape Town
Old 15th November 2014, 08:59 AM
UBloonie

they also dragging it out to cause extra costs to the band as it is probably costing him nothing.
Old 15th November 2014, 12:45 PM
UBloonie

Not exactly sure what this all means at this point, but ain't no way he's can prevail. The evidence/reality is on the side of the real UB40. One look at the sold out tour dates and upcoming schedule alone must speak volumes.

Peace and All The Best UB40!
Bagga....
Old 15th November 2014, 01:13 PM
Über UBLoonie

Send a message via ICQ to Skirge, The Chef Send a message via MSN to Skirge, The Chef

When the courts find in favour of the band and they will I have no doubt about that, the blow to Ali will be massive financially & future career wise. Him trying so desperately to trade off the back of the UB40 name shows that his own name means very little on its own to the music world, other than his loyal followers. All his branding in media and online is now using the name UB40 in some way as soon as he has to stop that then where does he go what does he do ?
Sadness me so much that this has had to happen when he left to pursue his solo career it was a blow but he was wished well and off he went. It is not the fault of UB40 that it did not work out for him as he has hoped.
Infuriates me when I read all this crap "ooh Ali you are the voice of UB40" erm what ? I would not say that even when he was part of the band that he was the voice of UB40 YES okay he did sing most lead vocals BUT that sound when you hear it and so yup that is UB40 is still there now without his vocals.

If by some corrupt middle earth type miracle he won the rights to the UB40 name then the music would no longer sound like UB40.
Old 15th November 2014, 01:42 PM
UBloonie

I was at Croydon and judging by the footage at the other concerts all the fans attending don't care that Ali's not there so why doesn't he just draw a line in the sand and move on. Life's too short!!!!!
Old 15th November 2014, 06:32 PM
UBloonie

cos hes a dick.

Ani
Old 15th November 2014, 06:39 PM
Über UBLoonie

thats a insult to dicks lol
love
chris
Old 15th November 2014, 08:09 PM
UB40 Band Member

Thank you everyone. As usual, you can all see through our ex singers latest attempt to avoid justice. A delaying tactic is all it is. Changing courts won't make any difference to the end result. it just allows him to get away with using OUR name for a little while longer. Booking gigs under our name and hiding them in OUR sold out british tour. Like a leech. very annoying. But it makes us even MORE determined. I think when the judge does see all his fantasy's and lies he might have him committed for therapy.
Old 15th November 2014, 08:46 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB40 View Post
Thank you everyone. As usual, you can all see through our ex singers latest attempt to avoid justice. A delaying tactic is all it is. Changing courts won't make any difference to the end result. it just allows him to get away with using OUR name for a little while longer. Booking gigs under our name and hiding them in OUR sold out british tour. Like a leech. very annoying. But it makes us even MORE determined. I think when the judge does see all his fantasy's and lies he might have him committed for therapy.

I feel sorry for the poor bugger who has to carry out the corrective treatment!
Old 16th November 2014, 08:53 AM
UB40 Fan

On Running Free he was also labeled as The Voice Of UB40. To me it was ohk coz he was still part of Ub40 but I got a feeling that without that tagline people didn't knew who he was hence using that tagline. Now he's no longer part of UB40 so how can he still be the voice of Ub40 if there is a new voice in Duncan!!!