Old 28th October 2014, 12:10 PM
UBloonie

Default Oxford Brilliance

What can I say …… Oxford city was a beautiful backdrop for the amazing UB40 concert last night. I have to say I wasn’t certain that I would make it at all having been to hospital weeks prior to the concert and then on meds for an agonising inflamed muscle in my shoulder blade. Determined to make a rapid recovery I made it and I am so glad I did.

The DJ was pumping out some amazing tunes and Shazam was on the ready to catch the few I didn’t know. I particularly liked the build up to the band coming on and the amazing mix of Baggaridim choons, ire.
When the band hit the stage it was electric. I loved the tracks choices from the GOTS album very much but equally relished the older tracks; each one sung and played with musical precision. What made the concert brilliant for me was the fact that all of the band members were cohesive and thoroughly enjoying every moment.

My favourite song of the night was Silent Witness, sang beautifully by the Campbell brothers. I gave Brian a wave near the end of the show and I am convinced the last choon was dedicated to me but he could have been talking to the person behind me, any hew ……… Kingston Town ended another fabulous night. To all of the band members thank you for weathering the storm and still delivering a first class concert to your fans.

As a footnote I would like to encourage the UBs to squeeze in a UK tour (even a mini one) every year; especially during half term lol. It is evident by the sold out venues that we all still greatly love and appreciate your music and need a regular yearly topup. Oh and Jimmy, I think you beard makes you look quite distinguished.
Old 28th October 2014, 12:51 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Helena

Glad to hear you had a great time. I'm just gutted they're not doing birmingham but that sure as hell won't stop me and i'm definitely going to try and get to one of the other closer shows
Old 28th October 2014, 01:29 PM
UBloonie

nice review QueenV, thanks.
Old 28th October 2014, 03:39 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenv View Post
What can I say …… Oxford city was a beautiful backdrop for the amazing UB40 concert last night. I have to say I wasn’t certain that I would make it at all having been to hospital weeks prior to the concert and then on meds for an agonising inflamed muscle in my shoulder blade. Determined to make a rapid recovery I made it and I am so glad I did.

The DJ was pumping out some amazing tunes and Shazam was on the ready to catch the few I didn’t know. I particularly liked the build up to the band coming on and the amazing mix of Baggaridim choons, ire.
When the band hit the stage it was electric. I loved the tracks choices from the GOTS album very much but equally relished the older tracks; each one sung and played with musical precision. What made the concert brilliant for me was the fact that all of the band members were cohesive and thoroughly enjoying every moment.

My favourite song of the night was Silent Witness, sang beautifully by the Campbell brothers. I gave Brian a wave near the end of the show and I am convinced the last choon was dedicated to me but he could have been talking to the person behind me, any hew ……… Kingston Town ended another fabulous night. To all of the band members thank you for weathering the storm and still delivering a first class concert to your fans.

As a footnote I would like to encourage the UBs to squeeze in a UK tour (even a mini one) every year; especially during half term lol. It is evident by the sold out venues that we all still greatly love and appreciate your music and need a regular yearly topup. Oh and Jimmy, I think you beard makes you look quite distinguished.

I think she means you look quite old JB

Great review btw and they were superb last night and GOTS itself was supreme...............
Old 28th October 2014, 08:12 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Nice review Vern, sounds like you had a great gig Kingston Town was just for you, xx

You like Jim beard it makes him look distinguished. i'll get back to you on that one, i've seen pics and didn't like it.

Saad you had a good time
Old 28th October 2014, 08:23 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate13 View Post
Nice review Vern, sounds like you had a great gig Kingston Town was just for you, xx

You like Jim beard it makes him look distinguished. i'll get back to you on that one, i've seen pics and didn't like it.

Saad you had a good time
A lovely chat with Robin and Brian après gig - what's not to like after a great gig and talking to two of the loveliest guys in reggae
Old 28th October 2014, 08:48 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad View Post
A lovely chat with Robin and Brian après gig - what's not to like after a great gig and talking to two of the loveliest guys in reggae
Lucky you Saad, I'm holding out to get a backstage pass one day preferably before I start drawing my pension

Where were you? I was trying to spot loonies and thought I might have seen Michelle but didn't dare move incase I lost my spot.
Old 28th October 2014, 08:56 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Aaah I hope x

Quote:
Yes it looked well groomed

Quote:
Saad you had a good time
You and me both Saad
Old 28th October 2014, 08:57 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaker View Post
nice review QueenV, thanks.
My pleasure it was a fabulous night
Old 28th October 2014, 09:04 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena View Post
Glad to hear you had a great time. I'm just gutted they're not doing birmingham but that sure as hell won't stop me and i'm definitely going to try and get to one of the other closer shows
Yes I had an amazing time Helena and I hope you manage to get to a gig ..... you definitely won't regret it.