Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 2nd March 2010, 06:37 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by old loonie View Post
lara we all loved him, it is very very sad to see him self destruct in this way, trying to make a few extra bob trying to hoodwink the people that dont really know the inns and out of what he has done to the band.
The hardcore UB40 fans are now ridiculing him.
He was a legend as part of 1/8th of a legendry band, he is /has lost his golden voice ,but with the UBs he had the unique brother blend, without Robin he is very average.
Listen to his vocals very carefully and you can hear the multi tracking of his voice and the extra echo/reverb that he puts on the tracks.
But its his inexcusable constant use of the UB40 name that he cant let go of even when he said he had enough of the boys.
HE IS A VERY DESPERATE MAN, his advisers sorry WIFE should be ashamed of herself
Well said OL. I think he's just so desperate to get his name out there, that he'll do anything to do it. I would assume by now he's lost the respect of almost all of his fans from when he was with the band, and let's face it, many wanted to support him as well as the band after he left. But his actions and pettiness, and his hateful words about his brothers and bandmates are just beyond anything that could have been imagined.

It must suck to be well loved and famous for so many years, and then all of the sudden be more or less a nobody, while the band you quit is still so successful. That would definitely make some people, especially people who thought they made the band what it was, desperate. I would assume he can't keep doing this for much longer, either lawyers will get involved, or he'll finally run out of money trying to do tours that are not profitable whatsoever. Its going to be lonely for him when it happens.
Old 2nd March 2010, 06:40 PM
Über UBLoonie

I think AC is trying to say that he misses UB40.
Old 2nd March 2010, 06:42 PM
UBloonie

After reading all of the posts and giving this lots of consideration, I have decided to speak my two cents worth. Ali is an unmistakeable talent, I agree that the breakup should have been a little more amicable on Ali's side, but it is, what it is.

As for Ali, he should have gone about his solo career as a "Solo" act. If he thought that his talent was greater than the sum of UB40, he should have dropped all the rubbish about TLVO, after all he thinks he is talented enough to make it on his own. Ali has had his bouts with substance abuse, and maybe the decision to go on his own had something to do with that issue. But I think it was greed and the almighty "Pound" that caused him to feel that he was invincible. "The longer the brawl, the deeper the hole"

Unfortunately I think Ali has dug himself into a hole sooooo deep that his pride is keeping him from throwing in the towel. Like many others if Ali made a clean break, I would probably be listening to his stuff also. I have always looked at UB40 as being the pop renegades of reggae music. In other words you never knew when the political song, pop song, roots rockers song, radical song, love song would come in. Ali's productions seem to be for the pop market and he is way overshooting his mark. Im tired of the bullshit, but I think Ali's end is going to come tragically, and soon. I do pray for Ali and his family. The Lord said pray for your enemies. This was hard to write, but it is the way I feel.

With apologies (where necessary)
Stevie 2Fingerz
Old 2nd March 2010, 06:50 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Send a message via MSN to Nes B40

I second your thoughts Stevie ditto.

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn213/nesbit_bucket/
Old 2nd March 2010, 07:01 PM
UB40 Fan

Ditto, I third your thoughts Stevie.
Old 2nd March 2010, 07:35 PM
UB40 Band Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulRocker View Post
Ditto, I third your thoughts Stevie.

I think you must mean THRITTO GR.

Thoughtful words Mr 2-fingerz
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:06 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev7840 View Post
I think had he left amicably, he would have kept his original fan-base. I was ready to support both UB40 and Ali and wish them both luck in their seperate careers and listen to both of their music. However, I think his choices have cut ties not only from UB40 completely but from the true UB40 fan-base. So instead of keeping his original fans, he had to start his own new seperate fan-base.

His stunts have been a slap in the face not only to his friends and family, but to the fans who followed him at any point in his 30 year career.
Absolutely agree with you here Kev. I find it quite incredible that before his departure from the band I was absolutely besotted with the man and his sweet vocals but I feel nothing of that anymore........hearing him sing now makes me feel uncomfortable and when I see pictures of him the first thought that comes into my head is usually "what an ar**hole". So whats all that about then??? To think I used to have this guys picture pinned up on my desk at work for years......makes me so sad . In all honesty, I wish it wasn't like this. Why the hell did he not just get on with his own music and wish the remaining band members well.......would have made so much difference to me. I feel quite sure that I would now have been buying tickets for both his shows and UB40's shows had he not been so damned obnoxious and pig-headed

Wonder if he ever reads these threads?? Well if he does, all I can say is he just isn't LISTENING !!!
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:10 PM
UBloonie

well said everyone.
H
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:49 PM
UBloonie

I really don't giv a shite anymore,he's gon please lets leave it
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:22 PM
UBloonie

'He's Gone' - Grateful Dead

Rat in a drain ditch, caught on a limb, you know better but I know him.
Like I told you, what I said, Steal your face right off your head.

Now he's gone, now he's gone, Lord he's gone, he's gone.
Like a steam locomotive, rollin' down the track
He's gone, gone, nothin's gonna bring him back...He's gone.

Nine mile skid on a ten mile ride, hot as a pistol but cool inside.
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Now he's gone, now he's gone Lord he's gone, he's gone.

Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.
Lost one round but the price wasn't anything,
A knife in the back and more of the same.

Same old, rat in a drain ditch, caught on a limb,
I know better but you know him.
Like I told you, what I said,
Steal your face right off your head.

Now he's gone, now he's gone Lord he's gone, he's gone.

Ooh, nothin's gonna bring him back.

Everyone's a loner 'til he needs a helping hand, everyone is everybody else