Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 26th November 2013, 01:36 PM
UBloonie

Reports of UB40s demise have been greatly exaggerated. I must admit I was initially disapointed and saddened that Astro has chosen to leave, but like the band seem to be (as the reviews of Liverpool testify)- Ill get over it.
Shame it was all done in such a backstabbing way again as has been proven by the statement hes to Join Aldi and the fake UB40.
For someone who was asking for more money it seems odd that hes chosen to join a band that only play a handful of gigs a year that dont sell out and he certainly wont be used in the studio when it comes to recording - so to me it seems an idiotic decision, but again I dont knwo the internal politics -I will give him the benfit of the doubt as Ive always thought Astro is a good bloke.
I will support UB40 past and present - to the future.
Old 26th November 2013, 01:42 PM
UB40 Band Member

All very sneaky mr C. No honour, no integrity, no balls and we're much better of without both of them.
Old 26th November 2013, 01:50 PM
UBloonie

yeah youwould think after all the years of friendship and working together then at least you would be entitled to abit of honesty from your friend/ colleague. It dosent matter if someone wants to leave something as long as they are honest about their intentions and make it clear.
Theres nothing worse about being lied too by someone you trusted all those years.
Still im not going to dwell and would hate to see the board descend into another slagging fest. I look forward to the new tour in the new year - hope to see afew dates.
Old 26th November 2013, 03:16 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
Isn't this the same person who has a big hand in the band's fanfest?!?!?!?

Wow, how quickly they turn.
just for the information. i don't run the fanfest and merely go to see my friends and to listen to the old ub stuff which is still class and always will be. i dint 'turn' quickly but have always suspected that shenanigans were going on in the band. i can no longer support them. that is all.
Old 26th November 2013, 03:18 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrClaypole View Post
Reports of UB40s demise have been greatly exaggerated. I must admit I was initially disapointed and saddened that Astro has chosen to leave, but like the band seem to be (as the reviews of Liverpool testify)- Ill get over it.
Shame it was all done in such a backstabbing way again as has been proven by the statement hes to Join Aldi and the fake UB40.
For someone who was asking for more money it seems odd that hes chosen to join a band that only play a handful of gigs a year that dont sell out and he certainly wont be used in the studio when it comes to recording - so to me it seems an idiotic decision, but again I dont knwo the internal politics -I will give him the benfit of the doubt as Ive always thought Astro is a good bloke.
I will support UB40 past and present - to the future.
exactly. now don't you find that strange????
Old 26th November 2013, 03:19 PM
Über UBLoonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STING View Post
just for the information. i don't run the fanfest and merely go to see my friends and to listen to the old ub stuff which is still class and always will be. i dint 'turn' quickly but have always suspected that shenanigans were going on in the band. i can no longer support them. that is all.

I think you'll find they were going on outside the band..............
Old 26th November 2013, 03:21 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad View Post
I think you'll find they were going on outside the band..............

i know what i said and i said what i meant
Old 26th November 2013, 03:25 PM
UB40 Band Member

What you said and what you meant are BOTH ill informed.
Old 26th November 2013, 03:35 PM
UB40 Band Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STING View Post
exactly. now don't you find that strange????
No. Just sneaky and dumb.
Old 26th November 2013, 03:37 PM
Ubique Über UBloonie

look at it logically mr Brown. you claim that Astro held you to ransom, demanding more money than the other members. he then defects and goes straight to, bankrupt, Ali Campbell who, as was pointed out, does a handful of gigs a year. this makes the official ub statement sound untrue doesn't it? you also said he'd been planning this for some time? why? he's probably making more money with ub40 than he ever will with Ali Campbell. none of it makes sense and you ask us to believe it. i'm more likely to believe he left because of musical differences but you brought out the old chestnut of 'holding to ransom' and 'more money' which just doesn't ring true at all. that's it.