Go Back   UB40 Forums > General Area > UB40 Discussion

Old 2nd January 2011, 12:48 PM
UBloonie

Default greatest hits album 2011

sign here to get this lazy(joking) bunch of middle aged rockers(more joking) to get their ass's in to the studio and record the greatest "greatest hits album" of all time (not joking),with the voice of the young(even more joking) Duncan Campbell performing all the hits that made UB40 the greatest reggae band of all time.to hear Dunx and the band playing all the oldies in studio quality is top of my wish list for 2011.Come on B/T get the sweat bands out ,the jogging shoes on and slap these lads in to shape.lets get this thing started.(rocky theme)
Old 2nd January 2011, 01:00 PM
UB40 Band Member

Interesting post...I wonder how everyone feels about a project like this ? It has been mentioned in the past BUT I think not only the original members of the band but also Duncan & Tony would rather concentrate on new material, get the opportunity to put their mark on new original songs...I have been writing more or less non stop since finishing the tour for an up-coming project and Duncan has been round my studio demo'ing the lyrics and basic melodies...Anyway....let us know what you think about going back over old material...should we just move on ? go back and do them how we think they should sound now..?

VIEW ALL UBTV CLIPS via link below...

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheInsideEye?feature=mhum

Last edited by bt/ub40; 2nd January 2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 2nd January 2011, 01:15 PM
UBloonie

nice post raffer, just goes to show how different we all are (thankfully )

personally i look forward to albums with new material, i still love all the old stuff of course, but i cant wait to buy a record with brand new tracks on it, & the ub's have never let us down on that score .

guess we are lucky that the band has always tried to please everyone, including themselves, by doing fresh material, as well as the LOL series.

long may it continue rick.x
Old 2nd January 2011, 01:16 PM
UBloonie

bt in this case going back is moving on.the most listened to CD in my car is a recording of the rehearsal session because this features all my favourite tracks performed by this fantastic line up.from the first time i heard the new line up perform food for thought i have been a born again teenager.i find it unfair to compare the old sound with the new sound because they differ , but i know what i prefere and am pretty sure that all fans love the new sound,but still love the old material.(end of waffle)
Old 2nd January 2011, 01:18 PM
Super Über UBloonie

Forward guru ,stay out of the shadow m8 ,

FREE GARY TYLER

www.freegarytyler.com/

Old 2nd January 2011, 01:20 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singerman View Post
nice post raffer, just goes to show how different we all are (thankfully )

personally i look forward to albums with new material, i still love all the old stuff of course, but i cant wait to buy a record with brand new tracks on it, & the ub's have never let us down on that score .

guess we are lucky that the band has always tried to please everyone, including themselves, by doing fresh material, as well as the LOL series.

long may it continue rick.x
dont get me wrong singerman,LOL IV is running a close second on my in-car hit list,but for some reason i find it a little harder to enjoy the "Signing off" album with the original line up after hearing the new line up performing it.
the old material with the new sound kicks ass.
Old 2nd January 2011, 01:20 PM
UB40 Band Member

I can hear you....and there things we would do differently if we re-recorded the tunes...we could certainly play some of them better, but would that make the tunes better..its a tough one Raffer..anyways..thanks for the friendship and support in 2010 have agreat 2011...BIG LOVE UB40

VIEW ALL UBTV CLIPS via link below...

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheInsideEye?feature=mhum
Old 2nd January 2011, 01:26 PM
UBloonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffer View Post
dont get me wrong singerman,LOL IV is running a close second on my in-car hit list,but for some reason i find it a little harder to enjoy the "Signing off" album with the original line up after hearing the new line up performing it.
the old material with the new sound kicks ass.
tis true, after i saw signing off performed live, i felt like a teenager again, unfortunately when i got back & looked in the mirror, i looked wankered & old rick. x
Old 2nd January 2011, 01:28 PM
Super Über UBloonie

New material for me please.
Old 2nd January 2011, 01:28 PM
UBloonie

and i'm sure some LOL IV tracks would be included.A download may be the way to go with this.in all fairness these tracks will allways be played in concert ,so why not bang them out in studio quality and let us enjoy the sound without the live backround interference.
And again dont get me wrong,i love the live stuff but would love the oppertunity to sit back with eyes closed(not when driving) and lose myself in that magical sound ,without any backround interference.